Newly purchased pre-owned BMW 116i Urban (F20), System warning codes

U314bxm

Dear all,

Am new to this forum and unfortunately, am facing some warning code issues that just bumped out this morning on the dash and iDrive screen display.

- Flat Tyre Moniter (RPA) Failure
- Driving Stabilisation (With ABS logo)

Any one faced sinilar errors before? Am planning to bring the car down to Juzz for cars to have a check this week.

One thing to note is that prior to these errors, 2 days ago, while exiting from a carpark (on a slope), the car rolled back for a brief moment and surged forward for a split moment even though gear was on Drive.

Would be thankful if anyone could shed some light!

Attachments

• IMG_1471.JPG
    IMG_1471.JPG
    473.9 KB · Views: 958
  • IMG_1472.JPG
    IMG_1472.JPG
    395.5 KB · Views: 863
Had similar error previously and after diagnosing error code, it was faulty sensor at the wheels. U need to have it diagnosed. No guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had similar error previously and after diagnosing error code, it was faulty sensor at the wheels. U need to have it diagnosed. No guessing.

Thanks for responding, i will get it diagnosed within the week and update the status here.

Anyway do you remember how much it was to replace the wheel sensor (including labour)?

Eh, diy. Wheel speed sensor or pulse generator. Less than $200. Take note that it has expiry date. It's a v simple job. Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

Hi all,

Just an update on this case. Went back to car dealer and managed to get their workshop to hook up the car to the diagnostic tool, the culprit was a faulty right side front tyre ABS sensor.

The codes come and go intermittently, it did not prompt the whole day today.

Was told by the mechanic it will take $100+ to replace the faulty ABS sensor.

Huh. U did not replace it? Take note that during hard braking, that affected wheel will lock up and if road is slippery, u may lose control.

Huh. U did not replace it? Take note that during hard braking, that affected wheel will lock up and if road is slippery, u may lose control.

Am going to replace it once they have the physical part and send me the official quote.

Okok. Drive safe ya.

Thanks!

Anyway i brought my car down to J4C for servicing and check today. They discovered the following:

1) Expansion Tank Cap - Worn
2) Turbo Coolant Pipe - Coolant seepage
3) Crankshaft Oil Seal - Oil Leakage
4) Engine Valve Cover Gasket - Oil Leakage
5) Vacuum Pump - Oil Leakage

As i have only taken over the car for approx 3 weeks from car dealer. What are the chances i can bring these faults back to the dealer and ask them for some coverage?

In the meantime, I am awaiting a quote from J4C for the repair job of the seals and gasket.

Thanks!

Anyway i brought my car down to J4C for servicing and check today. They discovered the following:

1) Expansion Tank Cap - Worn
2) Turbo Coolant Pipe - Coolant seepage
3) Crankshaft Oil Seal - Oil Leakage
4) Engine Valve Cover Gasket - Oil Leakage
5) Vacuum Pump - Oil Leakage

As i have only taken over the car for approx 3 weeks from car dealer. What are the chances i can bring these faults back to the dealer and ask them for some coverage?

In the meantime, I am awaiting a quote from J4C for the repair job of the seals and gasket.

Hi all,

Gearbox oil pan found to be leaking, should i change immediately ?

At 64500km currently. J4C did mention at 80000km-100000km range need to change the oil pan because the gasket comes together with it.

Wondering if i should change now or wait till 80000km

The above 5 items has nothing to do with the gearbox oil pan. I think they are referring to the oil pan gasket which is a set together with the oil pan.

Personally I would definitely change. You wouldn't want to drive with a leaking oil pan which will damage the transmission if oil level gets too Low. Expensive part.

Sent from the local post office

As a reference from an E60, so for F20 should be +/- :
Expansion Tank cap - S$16 + GST (from ES, self replace)
Engine Valve Cover seal set - S$42 +
Sealing Kit Vacuum Pump - S$30+
Gearbox oil pan w/gasket - S$100 +
Engine Oil pan - S$140+
Labour separate.

If you plan to change the oil pan, might as well change the ATF fluid (about $20~22 per litre) at the same time. Mileage 60k should be about time. 80~100k is stretching it. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miso88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back