No signal on iDrive

Ivan Chan

Any bro here has encounter this problem? iDrive screen appeared "No Signal", restart the car and "No Signal" still appeared. iDrive return to normal after I locked the door, open the door and restart engine again.

Re: No signal on iDrive

Ivan Chan;845546 said:
Any bro here has encounter this problem? iDrive screen appeared "No Signal", restart the car and "No Signal" still appeared. iDrive return to normal after I locked the door, open the door and restart engine again.

Looks like a connection problem. You might want to bring it into PML or MA to get it looked at.

I have had my car for 4 weeks and touch wood, it hasn't happened yet.

SE told me to bring the car down n leave it there for about a day to have it check. He said average there is about 1 or 2 cars of the same batch has this issue.

Will monitor for a while.

mine less than 1 day from collection but so far so good..
just feel less insulated than my lexus..

maybe time for soundproof? haha :lol2:

nighthawkcity;845634 said:
mine less than 1 day from collection but so far so good..
just feel less insulated than my lexus..

maybe time for soundproof? haha :lol2:

Bro u comparing with the soundproof benchmark, a Lexus. for me i feel so much insulated as compare to my golf n better than c180k. Soundproofing process scary, gotta take apart doors n flooring...

Ivan Chan;845610 said:
SE told me to bring the car down n leave it there for about a day to have it check. He said average there is about 1 or 2 cars of the same batch has this issue.

Will monitor for a while.

When your car send back to pml will they loan you a car?

Alextang;845702 said:
When your car send back to pml will they loan you a car?

usually no....u don't have a good SA or 18 king kong kill dragon palms like Bro Wobbles....normally they act blur.....some to the extent of not even giving u taxi vouchers.
if no loan car, pls ask them for taxi vouchers.....can have one

Thanks for the info Bros, will ask for a loan car as I am not going to sit for the whole day.

sszone;845711 said:
usually no....u don't have a good SA or 18 king kong kill dragon palms like Bro Wobbles....normally they act blur.....some to the extent of not even giving u taxi vouchers.
if no loan car, pls ask them for taxi vouchers.....can have one

Thank u for info..

Usu they wun loan courtesy car until proven car to be in wkshop past 48hrs or is pnl dat damage yr car. . Taxi voucher can get thru yr SE. Dat wat i was told by my SE.

Saw some bros here making enquiry on BMW OEM IDrive with navi n HD screen. Dunno what is the cost n whether will it void our warranty after installed? 3rd party navi system with touch screen will not be swee although the cost is cheaper.

Ivan Chan;845802 said:
Saw some bros here making enquiry on BMW OEM IDrive with navi n HD screen. Dunno what is the cost n whether will it void our warranty after installed? 3rd party navi system with touch screen will not be swee although the cost is cheaper.

Hi Ivan, 5k for installing bmw original i drive controller w nav button, hard disk n 8 inch display like in 3 series. Understand that pml will void any warrabty related to yr i drive n related electronics.

ginmin;845819 said:
Hi Ivan, 5k for installing bmw original i drive controller w nav button, hard disk n 8 inch display like in 3 series. Understand that pml will void any warrabty related to yr i drive n related electronics.

Like tat better don't install else got problem no warranty become disaster.

ginmin;845738 said:
Usu they wun loan courtesy car until proven car to be in wkshop past 48hrs or is pnl dat damage yr car. . Taxi voucher can get thru yr SE. Dat wat i was told by my SE.

Sounds very familiar but this one not VW... Bro Hitman is right! You must have a good SA or SE to pre-arrange for you or you must process killer palm.

First 3 months of ownership, you normally have the "priority service" if you know what I mean.:whipper:

Forrestgum;845878 said:
Sounds very familiar but this one not VW... Bro Hitman is right! You must have a good SA or SE to pre-arrange for you or you must process killer palm.

First 3 months of ownership, you normally have the "priority service" if you know what I mean.:whipper:

I hope not to visit them until due for 1st servicing. It seem tat iDrive back to normal liao n hope tat "no signal" sign is jus an isolated case. I find tat 1er is not easy to drive compare to Camry maybe is due to the seating position of BMW is lower? Dunno is there any bro feel the same as me?

Ivan Chan;845918 said:
I hope not to visit them until due for 1st servicing. It seem tat iDrive back to normal liao n hope tat "no signal" sign is jus an isolated case. I find tat 1er is not easy to drive compare to Camry maybe is due to the seating position of BMW is lower? Dunno is there any bro feel the same as me?

till today i have not got the rite position for my seating yet.
still trying here and there.

kelnalevin;846105 said:
till today i have not got the rite position for my seating yet.
still trying here and there.

In general jap car has a better driving position than conti thus creating an easy to drive cockpit.
I think most of conti car driving position is abit lower than jap.

Is the rattling from the door a common issue in BMW? My have some when turn off radio but my sis 520 do not have this issue.

Had checked with my wife n iDrive blackout has not appear again. Dunno whether or not to send for PML check? Worry tat more problem will appear after checking by the tech.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
789wintoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back