Noise from E90 320i engine

Re: Noise from E90 320i engine

You can hear running water sound from inside your car ?

I would be very disturbed if I were you ...... If you could get the car on a hoist to have a physical look would be good .....

Inactive80;1000892 said:
I am also having the same problem. When I am driving between 20-40km/h there is water like running sound somewhere in the front uncarriage. When I slow down I also heard the same noise. Can anyone advise. Thank you in advance.

Inactive80;1000892 said:
I am also having the same problem. When I am driving between 20-40km/h there is water like running sound somewhere in the front uncarriage. When I slow down I also heard the same noise. Can anyone advise. Thank you in advance.

This sounds damn familiar. I had it in my previous ride. Couple of visits to the ws couldn't solve it. Finally decided to live with it and pretend I had a fountain in my car. Drove it to 300,000kms before LTA called time out. Do let me know what your workshop says, curious to find out what it was.

Not water sound actually. It is like something gushing through. I will hear the sound when I drive around 20-40km/h and slowing down. I have asked one of the ws and they told me it is due to something called "differential gear box" (m amateur pls correct me if I am wrong). To change that will cost 3K++. They mentioned this is common in E90. Anyone ever come across

It's those bunch of gears between your rear wheels. And some people call that sound differential whine.

Some people change the differential fluid and the whine goes away. Typically 75w90. Those liqui moly or original fluids good enough. 30 minute job plus waiting time.

If change fluid don't work then go take the whole differential out and then open the casing then see if you can change those gears in there. Ask Propel if have something that matches the gearing ratio.

Better yet - replace it with something that has a taller ratio and have fun with the increased pickup from stand still. It's like a turbo for those on a budget. Your top speed would reduce from say 225 to 200 Kmh. For some people they are ok with that because in Singapore or even Malaysia like as if you are doing 225kmh all the time and would feel the loss ....

Inactive80;1001059 said:
Not water sound actually. It is like something gushing through. I will hear the sound when I drive around 20-40km/h and slowing down. I have asked one of the ws and they told me it is due to something called "differential gear box" (m amateur pls correct me if I am wrong). To change that will cost 3K++. They mentioned this is common in E90. Anyone ever come across

Thanks Bro for your advice. Can you let me know or PM me where to change the fluid and roughly how much is the cost? I have also asked ws if there is alternative but was told either replace or live with the sound.

Any of the site sponsors. Not expensive at all. Put car on hoist. Check if both inlet/outlets nuts can open. Open outlet nut. Drain fluid all out. Screw it back. Open inlet nut. Pump fluid in. Screw it back.

Cost=Labour + 2 bottles of fluid.

Inactive80;1001078 said:
Thanks Bro for your advice. Can you let me know or PM me where to change the fluid and roughly how much is the cost? I have also asked ws if there is alternative but was told either replace or live with the sound.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kinggroup
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back