noisy suspension after rain

bavarian

I have notice my one year old E90 rear suspension tend to be noisy when going through hump after the car has been under a heavy downpour. Does anyone know what is the cause?:screwedu:

Re: noisy suspension after rain

damn I can't think of anything save the water wash away the lubes .... so my lame suggestion is to grease your bushings and suspension overall.

this should be real interesting to find out...!

it will most likely be that. Pre delivery that stuff often is not lubed enough

I also have the same problem, but it's when I reverse during or after rain.....

apparently it's the bushings... and the rubber... shld go away after a bit of driving...

i've been getting it a lot these few days...

nYteMarE;274967 said:
apparently it's the bushings... and the rubber... shld go away after a bit of driving...

i've been getting it a lot these few days...

errr, thats from something else you horny bugger

phil;274998 said:
errr, thats from something else you horny bugger

ahem. my pristine lemon leather is still lemon coloured. :p

heh..

i am getting a metal rubbing or something like that kinda noise from my suspension as well. Rear it seems. The sound comes whenever i go over a hump faster then normal, or when you hit those manholes in the middle of the road.

Dont think its my absorbers cause they are new, Bilsten with eibach springs. So any suggestion guys?

have you checked the bushings? or perhaps it's the absorbers settling in?

i'm hoping its just the bushings, absorbers are new, but they are 6mths old, shldnt take so long to settle in right? hmm...
:)

wah.. shouldn't take that long to settle in at all bro... bushings could be the case...

the weather isn't helping much...

hopefully is the bushing, or bearings? hope nothing serious. The absorbers cost me quite abit to replace. Dont want to tackle the same problem again. But thanks for the help :)

Thanks for the advise. I will send to PML on my next servicing and see whether they can solve the problem. Will keep you guys posted about the outcome.

btw bavarian, sorry for intruding into your thread. Was just quite gan jiong about my car. I apologise :) And hope your car gets well soon as well.

I had the same problem after I changed to Eibach spring. It seems the noise only cld be heard going over hump after rain and car wash and damn bloody irritating.

Sent to BVO and even Ahwee cldn't find a solution. Then 3 months later I installed a new set of shocks (koni fsd) and the noise was gone. What i also changed was a set worn out shock absorbed mountings.

Well, it cld be the spring not properly fitted or it cld be the shock absorbers or the mounting.

I suggest u send to PML and ask the guy to check these few items.

Cheers.

jylam what car are u driving?

hey guys,
those who changed their bushings and bearings. How much did they cost you?

many thanks.

Hi, just to update you guys about the noise from my E90 after rain when going thro' road humps. The noise apparently disappear about one week ago. Nothing was done, just goes away. I still do not know what cause it to appear in the first place. Anyway thanks for your suggestions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
i9betstoday

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back