Noisy Tyre Question

nitrox

hi guys need some advice, have a set of PS2s that have been used on the track a few times before. now they are really noisy when used for normal driving on the road..

am assuming that cos they've been used for tracking before therefore the excessive noise?

cos dun wanna change to new set (bridgestone) and end up still damn noisy..

thks for the help!

Re: Noisy Tyre Question

means tire botak liao lah dei... means buy new PS2 liao lah

wah..go tracking a few times..so fierce lah brudder

nitrox;493962 said:
hi guys need some advice, have a set of PS2s that have been used on the track a few times before. now they are really noisy when used for normal driving on the road..

am assuming that cos they've been used for tracking before therefore the excessive noise?

cos dun wanna change to new set (bridgestone) and end up still damn noisy..

thks for the help!
what is the year of manufacture of those tyres? can be seen on the tyre wall.

When u just buy before tracking how was it?
I bought a new set of PS2 dtd 16wks 2009. Noisy also.
More noise than my OEM RFT REO50. Disapointed.

:errrrrrr:

nitrox;493962 said:

In general, tracking your tyres will result in excessive uneven wear. As such tyre noise level will certainly increase regardless on tyre brand.

If you use your tyres for both normal driving and track, I suggest you take a look at the new BS RE-11s..

Chances are your tire has uneven wear. Try rubbing the tires with your bare hands. If it is easy to move in 1 way and rough in the other way, your rubber has developed a "saw tooth" wear pattern and the noise is a direct indicator.

Either rotate your tires and tahan until the wear evens out or change tires....

R2D;494200 said:
Chances are your tire has uneven wear. Try rubbing the tires with your bare hands. If it is easy to move in 1 way and rough in the other way, your rubber has developed a "saw tooth" wear pattern and the noise is a direct indicator.

Either rotate your tires and tahan until the wear evens out or change tires....

Or crank up your stereo. Seriously... Most tires become noisy after the softer compound wears off. Michelin Pilots are notorious for noise but seems to last longer than you want to keep them because of the hard compound. If its not uneven wear or worn out rubber bushings, I'd suggest investing in a nice loud stereo.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okestreamtv

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back