Non Smoker Package

quiksilver

Core Group Members
Re: Non Smoker Package

mars69 said:
Hi Guys, am new to the forum and still awaiting the arrival of my ride.
Anyway, I was looking at the specification list of my car and realised that it's non-smoker configuration. I suppose that means sans ciggy lighter....but does that mean it doesn't have a socket I can plug my mobile phone charger and other electrical niggys in?

BTW, great forum! :thumbsup:

there is still socket but no lighter like u mentioned. :thumbsup:

BTW, welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Newbies please intro yourself and your rides... if possible please post some pics... :thumbsup:

Hi - I am new too. Anyone out there who have done any mods to their 330ci ( supercharger and other engine mods ) and what are the results ??

thanks in advance :inlove:

I am liking all these newbies jumping into hardcore mods like SC on the larger displacement engines. :thumbsup:

Welcome to all three of you :wavey:

for a light 330i performance mod, you can try the US-spec ZHP cams. should be good for another 10-15bhp. I dont know any local 330i that has done it yet, but you could get it from PML at $1666 after 20%.

Shaun said:
I am liking all these newbies jumping into hardcore mods like SC on the larger displacement engines. :thumbsup:

Welcome to all three of you :wavey:

Yah man... me too!! Garang!!! :thumbsup:

BTW, SC kits for 330 will usually give your between 280 and 300 hp... never actually heard of it being done in Singapore... since its also illegal... but if you want a review, US BMW forums will usually have them

Hi MRacer77

I made bad mistakes of graduating from 318-320-330....sounds kinda silly :screwedu: but after test driving the M3....last week....very itchy and looking at switching (again ! ) Its a different league althogether.

But before I do that - just wanna make check what I can do to 330 locally. Have checked out SC writeup in the USA. Thanks for your note on the TP's view. App.

Thanks

Yah... the M3 is in a different league but the 330 isn't bad at all man... well if you want to be legalistic about it... then the safest things to do will be your suspension, intake, exhaust and chip... anything else like bore and stroke, SC, TC and internal mods is out of the question...

If you get an M3, here's a piece of advice.. get the manual!

Been looking out for mods for my 320, but there's nothing much that can be done to improve engine performance. Besides the usual pulley, chip, exhaust mods, is there anything besides forced induction that can up the output to around 200bhp?

And can any kind soul explain what that clicking is when you step the accelerator pedal to the metal? My sales guy said it's a reset for the gearbox memory function, but somehow, it seems a strange place for such a button....blur sotong :oops:

mars69 said:
Been looking out for mods for my 320, but there's nothing much that can be done to improve engine performance. Besides the usual pulley, chip, exhaust mods, is there anything besides forced induction that can up the output to around 200bhp?

And can any kind soul explain what that clicking is when you step the accelerator pedal to the metal? My sales guy said it's a reset for the gearbox memory function, but somehow, it seems a strange place for such a button....blur sotong :oops:
Hi and welcome to the forums :)

For the 320i to hit 200 bhp, excluding exhaust mods (i.e. excluding performance headers), you would have to increase your engine's displacement via bore or a stroker kit. Even then.. believe a 320 could output about 210-220 bhp with a 2.7l stroke? To stroke to 3.0 or higher is impossible without an engine bore as well.

But since you're talking about non-FI mods..im thinking you want to stay on the legal side. So...besides the mods you mentioned. 200 bhp... not likely. Not from a stock engine.

OH YAH, you could try race cams as well..but 200 bhp also quite hard to hit... max out around 180. Of course you could have a re-worked engine with performance valvesprings and internals from a reputable tuner. But high costs + highly stressed engine..might as well upgrade to 325 or 330. So..end of story, mod until you can. And enjoy the car for what it's worth.

320i is not a good base performance car to start out with, UNLESS you're planning for engine swap.. of course, you didn't hear it from me.

The clicking is your kick-down button, apparently the guy was trying to blow smoke into your eyes. What it does..

Let's say if you're cruising at 4th gear and you suddenly need to overtake for whatever reason. *IF* your rpm is low enough, your kickdown button will change the gear into 3rd, thus giving you extra pulling power. You will notice at this point, your RPM will jump to around 4-5K rpm and rise, and switch back to 4th gear after it has hit redline (if you were flooring the gas).

But it really depends on the speed you're going and what RPM and which gear you're cruising. Your ECU will the main culprit for deciding this. i.e. First gear and you floor...won't drop the gear down to N and goodbyepiston.

Cheers!

mars69 said:

For ur first questiion... Easy, drop a 2.5L engine into it.. 192hp kekeke !!!! With pulley and light mod, u r at 200hp liao..

The switch at the bottom of the accelerator pedal is the kick down button. Depress it and the car will drop to the lowest possible gear, used for overtaking purposes....

I guess i'll just have to concentrate on getting bhp from body kits and killer rims then.
;)

Anyway, thanks for the info guys. I find that kick down button irritating. Don't see why they couldn't have just programmed the function into the car without having to have a clicking button at the pedal. Anyway to remove it?

One more ignorant question....when i tested the 320, it jerked really badly when i launched at traffic lights. Is that how the 320 normally reacts when pushed?

mars69 said:
One more ignorant question....when i tested the 320, it jerked really badly when i launched at traffic lights. Is that how the 320 normally reacts when pushed?

Does the jerking felt like your rear tyres are losing grip? If so, it's the traction control being activated to prevent your wheels from spinning when you hit the accelerator hard from standstill.

during cruising if you floor the accel suddenly but dont hit the kickdown button you may downshift 1 gear or 2.

if you depress the kickdown button as well, it'll go straight into the lowest possible gear.

Eg: travelling at 70kmh in 5th, you floor the accel, and depending on your overall driving style, or how fast the pedal is being floored, the EGS may drop your gear to 4th, or 3rd (if you are a naturally aggressive driver, or if the flooring action of the accel is faster).

but if you hit the kickdown button, the tranny will go into 2nd, regardless of your overall driving style or how fast the pedal moves.

actually the kickdown button is really quite useful in this aspect. Note that the kickdown button also overrides your manual steptronic. If you choose to upshift when your kickdown button is still depressed, it will not upshift and the upshift click will be ignored.

mars69 said:
I guess i'll just have to concentrate on getting bhp from body kits and killer rims then.
;)

You forgot the stickers and the neon light... stickers add 5hp each man... hahaha... joking...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ko66promo

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back