Non stop radiator fan in F10!

Fluidspin

Hi guys, anyone encountered a non stopping radiator fan? It just keeps spinning at high speed whenever I stop. Past few days was intermittent. Today it’s like for at least 5mins. It’s still spinning hard and making that whining sound typical of a fan at high velocity as I type this. Temp sensor shows 90degC to approximately 100degC most of the time.

Driving F10 2011. Thanks in advance

Read somewhere else that it should be thermostat or water pump issue. Anyone can confirm cos I’m thinking of buying the parts from ES and then bring to ws to fix. Thanks!

It can be the radiator itself, water pump or thermostat issue. Start with thermostat, its the cheapest to change first.

It can be the radiator itself, water pump or thermostat issue. Start with thermostat, its the cheapest to change first.

Yes. Got quoted $60 for the thermostat from ES. But the workshop asked me to change water pump and thermostat together.

Any recommended workshop other than sponsors here? Thanks!

Sponsors are not necessarily expensive, but they sure know the stuff about beemers.

No harm just call to check and ask for quote before going down. Just tell them straight you bringing the spare part for thermostat for fan, how much is the labour?
If they do not entertain " you must come down and let us check first..." then you can skip this sponsor, go to the next.

Some of the experienced mechanics (not necessarily sponsors only) will know that to access a particular area to change (eg. the thermostat), they will gain access to other parts which can be changed at the same time, if not already done so for the past 3 years or so. (eg. water pump and thermostat together).

Its still your call at the end of day. Cheers

Sponsors are not necessarily expensive, but they sure know the stuff about beemers.

No harm just call to check and ask for quote before going down. Just tell them straight you bringing the spare part for thermostat for fan, how much is the labour?
If they do not entertain " you must come down and let us check first..." then you can skip this sponsor, go to the next.

Some of the experienced mechanics (not necessarily sponsors only) will know that to access a particular area to change (eg. the thermostat), they will gain access to other parts which can be changed at the same time, if not already done so for the past 3 years or so. (eg. water pump and thermostat together).

Its still your call at the end of day. Cheers

Thanks for your comments! Changed the thermostat and it seemed to have solved the issue! The car even feels much quieter. But I Guess it’s probably because I was used to the high speed whine of the fan. I’m a happy person again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sin88bar
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back