O2 warning sign after install downpipe!

ali_baba

hi guys, I need an expert view from u guys.

Recently I just purchase a N54 335i, decided to mod my ride. so I went to bought a AR downpipe & install it.
After driving for 2 days, ,my engine warning signs appear. so I went to my workshop & check wat happen. they told me it my O2 sensor warning sign bcos I replace a new downpipe & the airflow is uneven. that y the O2 sensor warning sign appear. so they told me to retune my car & readjust the O2 sensor again & the warning sign will disappear. so I went for Ecu retune & after 2 days the O2 sensor reappear again, so I went back to my workshop again & they told me it bcos of my cat. zzzzzz

As I can see, there is a lot of guys in here install after market downpipe too. does u guys face the same problem as me? or I m just the unlucky 1? I went to seek advice from another workshop. they told me to find a exhaust workshop & install an adaptor to push the O2 sensor higher so that it will not face the airflow & the O2 sensor will not appear anymore. is it true or is there any others way to solve my problem? very blur like sotong now. :verysad:

Re: O2 warning sign after install downpipe!

ali_baba;1128879 said:

Recently I just purchase a N54 335i, decided to mod my ride. so I went to bought a AR downpipe & install it.
After driving for 2 days, ,my engine warning signs appear. so I went to my workshop & check wat happen. they told me it my O2 sensor warning sign bcos I replace a new downpipe & the airflow is uneven. that y the O2 sensor warning sign appear. so they told me to retune my car & readjust the O2 sensor again & the warning sign will disappear. so I went for Ecu retune & after 2 days the O2 sensor reappear again, so I went back to my workshop again & they told me it bcos of my cat. zzzzzz

As I can see, there is a lot of guys in here install after market downpipe too. does u guys face the same problem as me? or I m just the unlucky 1? I went to seek advice from another workshop. they told me to find a exhaust workshop & install an adaptor to push the O2 sensor higher so that it will not face the airflow & the O2 sensor will not appear anymore. is it true or is there any others way to solve my problem? very blur like sotong now. :verysad:

How did they tune your ECU? Just buy a JB4 or a Cobb AP. It will automatically clear your O2 sensor code whnever it comes up. Buy the Cobb and you can get a tuner to custom tune it for you as well.

No reason to spend money moving the O2 sensor in my opinion. Just spend the money and get a tune lol

May I know which WS you went to?

ali_baba;1128879 said:

Got money pls buy cobb or jb4 or auto delete sensor ...

JB4 speed haus / boss same for the bms auto delete for n54
cobb needless to say ...

If you don't have a JB4, Cobb or other custom tune, you will always have the Lambda (oxygen) sensor error. The oxygen sensors will sense the additional flow and always throw an error code.
Replacing the O2 sensors will not fix the problem.
The other way around it is to buy a DP Fix device from VRSF or BMS. However, those were meant for guys in California or other states that get emissions inspection via OBD2. It's only meant to stay on for the few hours that you're getting the emissions test done. They should not be left on the car at other times. Anyway, that device won't help us here because the visual inspection of the undercarriage will reveal immediately that your DP's don't have cats.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alo789mx
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back