Oct 2010 BMW 318i with 72k km run - shall I renew my COE in 2020?

nospamMDI

Hi
I have a 7+ years old 318i, run 72k km with it - not much; no issues at all, the car just runs very nicely and I like it a lot; I always services my car properly. in 2+ years the government says though we need to part ways... I'm coming from Germany and there 72k is like nothing for a BMW, they can easily go 200k and more, so I'm thinking: Shall I renew my COE in 2+ years for another 10 years? I will probably drive 200k in 20 years.

What do you guys think, how would you decide? What repairs do you think do I need to be prepared for over the next 12 years? And do you think what all the car sales men tell me - "you can't run a car 20 years in this humidity, you should buy a new car when your COE runs out" - do you agree with that?

thanks for sharing your views!

Marcus

Hi
I have a 7+ years old 318i, run 72k km with it - not much; no issues at all, the car just runs very nicely and I like it a lot; I always services my car properly. in 2+ years the government says though we need to part ways... I'm coming from Germany and there 72k is like nothing for a BMW, they can easily go 200k and more, so I'm thinking: Shall I renew my COE in 2+ years for another 10 years? I will probably drive 200k in 20 years.

What do you guys think, how would you decide? What repairs do you think do I need to be prepared for over the next 12 years? And do you think what all the car sales men tell me - "you can't run a car 20 years in this humidity, you should buy a new car when your COE runs out" - do you agree with that?

thanks for sharing your views!

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

re-new it unless there's a need to get a new car ( or a newer model )

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Just renewed my 325i for another 10 years. Yes if you maintain your car regularly and don't drive like an F1 racer I don't think you would see a lot of issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j88vip1biz
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back