OEM 3-Year Warranty

MapleLeaf

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
I just came back from an assessment by a workshop at Sin Ming (Block 21) who sells extended warranty. One year to five years. Warranty includes parts like:
- Engine
- Fuel Delivery System
- Engine Cooling System
- Tranmission
- Drive Shaft
- Brake System
- Suspension
- Steering
- Air-Con System
- Alternator & electric motor.

Anybody using them already? Be my "recommender" and they give 10% discount.

Re: OEM 3-Year Warranty

isit tmw??

Warrantysg | Kar Engineering

i just bot a 520, warranty is by them....suppose to cover me 25000km or 1 yr warranty on auto transmission, aircon, etc....yet to go there for servicing...anyone tried alr? comments? tks

Mapleleaf

Looking at the list, unless one decides to have his/her car stay stock, if anything goes wrong, got extended warranty also no use.

* Managed to sell your Footjoy's?

Dunno about extended warranty for modded cars but for my previous E46, it was quite stock. Only modd was simple strut bar and SuperSprint exhaust, I bought a 3-year package but by the first year, I had many many things replaced at their expense, including radiator unit, reservoir tank, power window mechanism, then power winder motor and..... Eventually I scrapped the car. BVO Ber commented that this E46 model is very problem (in the engine bay things).

When my current E60 525 reaches end of PML warranty, I will also buy OEM warranty. I feels its worth the money.

Footjoy? It's still in my cupboard. Got my ECCO. Any takers? Almost brandnew, size 9. Bought too big.

MapleLeaf;468871 said:
Dunno about extended warranty for modded cars but for my previous E46, it was quite stock. Only modd was simple strut bar and SuperSprint exhaust, I bought a 3-year package but by the first year, I had many many things replaced at their expense, including radiator unit, reservoir tank, power window mechanism, then power winder motor and..... Eventually I scrapped the car. BVO Ber commented that this E46 model is very problem (in the engine bay things).

When my current E60 525 reaches end of PML warranty, I will also buy OEM warranty. I feels its worth the money.

Footjoy? It's still in my cupboard. Got my ECCO. Any takers? Almost brandnew, size 9. Bought too big.

Hi,

How much ? I meant, how much is the extended warramty for a 5 series? Any price differences betw warranty for a 525/523/520 or it is just one price?

Please advise.

Thanks !

Half of the items mentioned will up lorry in 5 - 6 yrs. How much will the extended warranty covers?

In addition, most of the rubber hose & plastic parts for cooling system has to be replaced when it pass 100k. So, warranty covers when expansion tank burst or owner has to change the parts 1st?

Can anyone advise how much is this OEM 3-yr warranty? By the way, is this 3 yrs on top of the 3 yrs covered by PML?

My car is reaching the 3rd yr end of Sep 09 and would welcome such a cover, if it is a fair deal.

Do u have to service the car at their approved workshops once you purchase the warranty?

audi888;508812 said:
Do u have to service the car at their approved workshops once you purchase the warranty?
yes u do. else it defeats purpose of them providing warranty.

Hi all,

Self had signed up for 3 years extended warranty with Kar for $1700...

I feel that $1700 for 3 years is worth as bimmers replacement is nowhere near economical, even if you get parts from stockist....

Let me know if any bro needs recommendation for the discount or whatever.... :)

Cheers....

Ok bro. Thx. Any good experiences with any of the workshops in their approved list? I've used Autoplus b4 for
my RX 300 previously, but do not recall seeing any 5 series there. Mostly Jap makes. But they've got good service.

haha... :)

my car is stock stock, so have no chance to experience their services...

one of the coverage requirements is to service regularly at their workshop. however you may bring your own oil. i actually wanted PML to do my oil change in order to get the nice stamp in the booklet, but alas they dun agree...

as im from the west, plan to pay a visit to Maximus Racing (their affiliated shop) soon..

cheers....

I also want to get this Extended wtry. Can SMS 96789120 me what is needed to get further disc ? Thks

One of the affiliated TWM workshop is Boss Motorsports. You can go thru Boss to purchase your extended warranty package.

I also want discount,,,,,Mine PML warranty expiring in May, so better get ready..... How to get discount ah?.

Iceberg;511092 said:
I also want discount,,,,,Mine PML warranty expiring in May, so better get ready..... How to get discount ah?.
flat rate wan lah bro. depending on ur milleage

Extended warranty is strongly advisable as I learnt the hard way. For the past 1 year, I have spent about $4k replacing radiator, oil leak, air con coil, etc. and my ride is only 3+ years. Imagine the amount saved with extended warranty.

10% discount. Tell them u r from BMW Forum. Ask to see Mr Ong.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back