OEM Day Running Lights

Re: OEM Day Running Lights

All, I took the plunge and ordered this OEM BMW Retrofit LED DRL (part number 63302184000) from Schmiedmann (http://www.schmiedmann.co.uk/63302184000/product-type/New/search-by-productnumber.aspx).

5184606434_bff2b36328.jpg

How they work:
Guiding mount time: 2-4 hour(s).
Please note: If you have automatic driving light, you need to get it deactivated over the BMW tester. When you start the car the LED driving light will light, when you turn on the normal headlights it will stop!

Once they arrived, I will find a workshop to have them installed. Door-to-door price is only a fraction of the price quoted by PML (about 20% only).

Stay tuned and will update once I received the package.

Last edited by a moderator:

RESPECTUS MAXIMUS bro!

you the man and the price is amazing!

where gg to fix? Boss?

USD only 170! Huat ah!

chershen;594387 said:
RESPECTUS MAXIMUS bro!

you the man and the price is amazing!

where gg to fix? Boss?

USD only 170! Huat ah!

Not sure yet. Perhaps I'll ask PML to do it.

Guess what showed up today.
1) Very good packaging with lots of foam protection :)
2) Finally revealed a smaller box
3) That's right. BMW part number! :thumbsup:
4) Opening the box, a pair of very solid Philips LED DRL presents itself
5) All the parts in full as per the picture in my earlier post

Congrats! Please post photo after you have install it.

pengful;595534 said:
Guess what showed up today.
1) Very good packaging with lots of foam protection :)
2) Finally revealed a smaller box
3) That's right. BMW part number! :thumbsup:
4) Opening the box, a pair of very solid Philips LED DRL presents itself
5) All the parts in full as per the picture in my earlier post

Ok, since they look so good, I had to get them installed. :thumbsup:
1) First, the brackets get secured. BMW recommended the portion below the bumper where there are holes in the grille. The reason this portion was chosen was because you need to run the cables through without cutting any holes.
2) Next, the LEDs snap into place. I did not take pictures of the cables and how they run because it is difficult to do so. However, I assure you that the cables were tucked away neatly.
3) I must say that this set of Philips LEDs picked by BMW as a retrofit part matches the bumper very well. See the nice curvature of the LED panel against the bumper.
4) See how they light up and shut. They function this way:
- Ignition on/ all lights off: LED on
- Ignition on/ side marker on: LED on
- Ignition on/ all lights on: LED off
- Ignition off: LED off (of course!)

If you must know, I got the installation done at Soundwerkz and you know the quality of work that they produce.

I have also found out that you do not need to buy them from PML or the place where I bought them. They are made by Philips Lighting and I believe you can find them on the web. Philips part number is 12810WLEDX1.

Have fun. :)

Nice ...............and safer as well ........pedestrains and other vehicles would see your car clearly.

pengful;595776 said:
1) First, the brackets get secured. BMW recommended the portion below the bumper where there are holes in the grille. The reason this portion was chosen was because you need to run the cables through without cutting any holes.
2) Next, the LEDs snap into place. I did not take pictures of the cables and how they run because it is difficult to do so. However, I assure you that the cables were tucked away neatly.
3) I must say that this set of Philips LEDs picked by BMW as a retrofit part matches the bumper very well. See the nice curvature of the LED panel against the bumper.

If you must know, I got the installation done at Soundwerkz and you know the quality of work that they produce.

I have also found out that you do not need to buy them from PML or the place where I bought them. They are made by Philips Lighting and I believe you can find them on the web. Philips part number is 12810WLEDX1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi pengful,

nice mod...................

keep it upz
cheers

pengful;595776 said:

Red_Bean_Bun;595830 said:
Nice ...............and safer as well ........pedestrains and other vehicles would see your car clearly.

Hi Tony,

good for night drive ya............

cheers

How much for prefL 320i? Maybe not a good idea to install this? Sekali kena suan as copycat by Audi. :chinese:

Come on man this is BMW... not Audi, anyway is so common everywhere you see. Want to do, do it on angel lights as LED running day light.

pengful;595776 said:

Hey bro pengful, is this mod plug and play type? Or need coding as well? And for the Philips parts does it comes with brackets like what you have ordered? Looks nice thou :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwin05news
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back