*Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

Re: *Official Carparks to AVOID Thread*

From my experience...

Avoid One Raffles Quay unless you have a season pass... VERY expensive!
Avoid CHIJMES on a hot day... it stinks of rotting food waste!
Avoid Shaw Centre... spaces are so narrow your doors are most likely to get dented!
Avoid Bukit Timah Plaza on weekends... you can spend 30 mins just in a traffic jam getting in and around the carpark, and once you're in, there's no getting out!

Carparks I like?
Plaza Singapura, Taka, Raffles City etc. with the vacant space indicators leading you to the elusive free space!
I don't mind Heeren, a much better alternative to Paragon on weekends!
I used to like PUB building behind California Orchard, but haven't used it for a while...
Golden Shoe at Raffles Place cos my company pays for a spot there!
CK Tangs is very straightforward, although crossing the footpath on the way in/out can be troublesome.

adsnx;252476 said:
Carparks to avoid:

1. Thomas Medical Center
2. Bugis (avoid exiting from Bencoolen St side, Middle Rd)
3. IKEA (Alexandra)
4. Millenium Sq (Raffles Blvd Exit)
5. CHIJMES Parking
6. Furama Hotel Exit
7. Wheelock Place
8. Darlene hotel
9. Suntec City - humps at exit near Koi Garden - undercarriage killer.
10. Sentosa carpark besides Rasa shangri-la
11. IMM Indoor parking
12. HDB Multistory Car Parks (avoid those w/ basement)
13. Golden Mile Complex
14. Changi Village Hotel Carpark
15. Sheraton Hotel
16. West Mall Carpark - undercarriage killer
17. Junction 8 - undercarriage killer
18 . Compass Point
19. Shaw Plaza
20. anchorpoint car park
21. Meridien hotel car park
22.Republic poly car park
23. Paragon car park (coming up)
24. Vivocity cargo entrance
25. Orchard Cineleisure
26. Burlington Square
27. The Cathey Cineplex
28. Punggol Plaza underground carpark
29. Central Shopping centre
30. Tan Tock Seng Hospital
31. Peninsular Plaza, Hotel & so forth.. freaking tight...
32. Thomson Plaza - now under construction - the exit is a killer for slammed rides
33. Paramount Hotel (east coast rd) - slope leading to lobby and coming down
34. Queensway Shopping Centre
35. King's Arcade basement carpark.
36. PML Sime Darby Sevice Centre - Watch out for the hump when descending from slope
37. Turf Club MCP - Intermediate level ramp, killer hump on the slope up
38 . Quality hotel (balestier)
39 . Sing Post Bldg (paya Lebar)

So many places cannot go, better stay at home liao!

My DSC light kicks in at Takashimaya basement exit too.. during the upslope when turning right .one wheel was losing grip...
:evil:

Azrielsc;252605 said:
Just went into People's Park Carpark. The slope of the entrance coupled with the weird camber of the slope before it turns left plays havoc on a car with coilovers and ARBs. As the barrier moves up and I turned left, my DSC kicked in immediately! I was stuck and couldn't move till I switched off DSC and gunned the car.

Apparently, due to the stiffness of the coilovers and the ARB AND the weirdness of the slope, 1 wheel was not touching the slope! I had to turn off the DSC so that I could power my way through!

Now that is a FIRST!

No wonder Terry said stock is best! Think about it; I don't know whether I have done the right thing? to experience something new!

Ai hiong siew, ai jiap siew. Ai swee boh pian, tio ai loon !!!

Must learn some driving skills from you on the next meet up . Anyway, what do you think of 11cm clearance. I know yours is 9 cm before you sit in. so after...cm? kekekeke.

Your car should be E92 338i, not 318i. So swee!

hetraa;282078 said:
My DSC light kicks in at Takashimaya basement exit too.. during the upslope when turning right .one wheel was losing grip...
:evil:

Yup, happened to me as well. Best is to take the leftmost gantry and then sharply right to go up.

Jadis said:
Must learn some driving skills from you on the next meet up . Anyway, what do you think of 11cm clearance. I know yours is 9 cm before you sit in. so after...cm? kekekeke.
Can lah, just be careful lor. Imagine those driving 04 Gallardo's..... no air suspension, how to drive around town?

Jadis said:
Your car should be E92 338i, not 318i. So swee!
I'd just rebadged to a 316i........

bishan junction 8, exiting from basement carpark, hits me all the time.

the 2 worst carpark for me is wisma atria's and also bugis junction's middle road exit..
i really hav to be really extra careful when i get out from those 2 carparks T_T

Sorry, I am sure why Compass Point car park is a major issue.

Compass point carpark is an issue...the hump at the entrance/exit is an undercarriage killer...and my car isnt even lowered that much

Agree.. i hate bugis junction's middle road exit . It is super bad.

Noted Thanks!

Two carparks that makes me cringe when wife asks me to drive there:

1. Novena Square
2. Jurong East Central HDB MSCP (the one next to NTUC) Have seen many many marks on the walls/barriers.

Golden Mile was fixed recently - not so bad now. Used to bottom out everytime, but now even with a full load of passengers no issues. The only thing to watch out for is the people drinking in the dark corners.

marklee;399038 said:
Compass point carpark is an issue...the hump at the entrance/exit is an undercarriage killer...and my car isnt even lowered that much

went there with Silver recently.. the on ramp to the taxi/carpark entrance is really steep. better to keep to the left lane as the incline and angle is a bit better than on the right lane. the entrance/exit to the carpark is a killer. had to go over it dead slow when exiting.. Silver scraped a bit of undercarriage. i got through just barely.

Please don't try the Sakai Sushi's carpark at Tradehub 21, next to Chervons.

6 humps and all six i scraped the undercarriage. Fark.

Anybody had bad experiences at Raffles Country Club, Bt Timah? When exiting the basement carpark, as the car is about to reach ground level, there is a sudden deep depression. Car suddenly drop into abyss like that. KNN. Country club so reach don't have money to mend the ground :furious:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
go8868co
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back