OMG... I'm seeing double!!

Les,

Any thoughts on the new boxster 987? shld stil be mid-engined rite? n 2.7 n 3.2 again? ok, too many qns. last one, how much?

Cheers

We managed to see the disguised pre production cars running round the R&D centre when we were there. Basically the car is so heavily taped up that you cannot tell anything much other than the fact that the side air intakes are now much more rectangular and less organic and that the interior would look like the cayenne/997 type. Not sure about engine sizes but I would imagine that the finished product will be like the 997 vs the 996. Majority of the components have been improved so that they can say that the car is >70% new but the looks will be an evolutionary change. The company is extremely conservative and you can be sure that the new product will be quicker but safer etc.

Don't think you will ever have a 'bangle' type of revolution in the way they do things cos they are just too conservative. IMO, that is a good thing.. :)

In terms of how much, I would imagine a small increase in price vs the current car. Like 997 is asking $480k and $510k (997 and 997 S) vs around $460k for the outgoing 996 C2 coupe. So dont expect any change from $300k for the new Boxster.

BorisRS said:
We managed to see the disguised pre production cars running round the R&D centre when we were there. Basically the car is so heavily taped up that you cannot tell anything much other than the fact that the side air intakes are now much more rectangular and less organic and that the interior would look like the cayenne/997 type. Not sure about engine sizes but I would imagine that the finished product will be like the 997 vs the 996. Majority of the components have been improved so that they can say that the car is >70% new but the looks will be an evolutionary change. The company is extremely conservative and you can be sure that the new product will be quicker but safer etc.

Don't think you will ever have a 'bangle' type of revolution in the way they do things cos they are just too conservative. IMO, that is a good thing.. :)

In terms of how much, I would imagine a small increase in price vs the current car. Like 997 is asking $480k and $510k (997 and 997 S) vs around $460k for the outgoing 996 C2 coupe. So dont expect any change from $300k for the new Boxster.

spy pics from d net.

aren't the rear engined P cars closer to the 30F 70R weight distribution that race cars seek to attain?

Leslie,

veri veri nice indeed. sigh, if only dreams will come true. actually Stugguart has one last new unit of the 986 boxster 2.7 askin at 280K incl COE. may go lower if anyone throws in a cheque.

But I may say the new 987 boxster looks is precisely wat u say: very conservative changes. Subtle n nice.

my 2 cents. ok, work harder now.

Cheers

Shaun said:
aren't the rear engined P cars closer to the 30F 70R weight distribution that race cars seek to attain?

Yup and in experienced hands, much quicker on the track but for regular drivers and regular roads, the Boxster is just so much more predictable and thus expliotable on the road. :)

If I were looking for a Boxster, I would either:

1. Buy and old 2.5 litre and plonk in the 3.4 911 engine. Almost plug and play and yours for an extra 15-20k. V nice sleeper car.

2. Buy a used 2.7 or 3.2 if you want something newer.

3. Wait for the new car.

I would only buy their current stock if you are looking for a manual car. They have a couple of 2.7 manuals left and are v keen to sell these. Then at a later stage, plonk in the 3.6 911 engine... :twisted:

thanks for the clarification :wavey:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aceadvisory

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back