OMV/Prices Question on Used Cars

kenntona

Legendary 10 Years
Re: OMV/Prices Question on Used Cars

Dalian gal...booking whole nite $200 butterfly $50

shanghai gal...booking whole nite $300butterfly $100

the diff is $100..some may fing dalian gal cheaper...but any 1 know chu jie how much??

Ken, too late, car sold liao

SLK69 said:
Dalian gal...booking whole nite $200 butterfly $50

shanghai gal...booking whole nite $300butterfly $100

the diff is $100..some may fing dalian gal cheaper...but any 1 know chu jie how much??
If both have the same "valuations" why pay more for the shanghai gal?

Unless you tell me GTR is an ugly car......

My question is why the price gap of $30-40K given similar OMV? Imagine this GTR transacts at $200K (which is not improbable)........ valuable buy?

I felt I am missing something here.......

I think it could be the intangible differences between an AD car and a PI car.

The Guardian said:
I think it could be the intangible differences between an AD car and a PI car.
Both OMVs are indicative of AD status of both cars .....

Instead of a GTR, if an M3, AD car, same OMV $100K, June 2008 car, asking S$215,800 - is it a buy?

Somehow that parallel comparison does not sound right, but I dunno where it went wrong.....

kenntona;583123 said:
Instead of a GTR, if an M3, AD car, same OMV $100K, June 2008 car, asking S$215,800 - is it a buy?

Somehow that parallel comparison does not sound right, but I dunno where it went wrong.....

sounds like a steal if it's in gd condition

Perceived value of brand status. Euro Vs. Jap. Such will happen in a status conscious society like Singapore which allow such brands to command a higher premium.

Kookk said:
Perceived value of brand status. Euro Vs. Jap. Such will happen in a status conscious society like Singapore which allow such brands to command a higher premium.
Similar to the Aston vs F/L/P/M cars scenarios?

kenntona;583128 said:
Similar to the Aston vs F/L/P/M cars scenarios?

Too many other factors involved. Supply and Demand, Demographics, etc...

I only know the perceive vlaue is all the same to me. Value = Out of reach. :lol2:

its the perceived value / brand image and using price as surrogate indicator for quality and expressive performance

chinagirls working in KTV at 10am.... chu jie 300 bucks...

once she pang gang.... go geylang stand... become 150 bucks... same gal...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenn, cannot answer ur question but it lead me to think about the current F10 with OMVs similar to E90 320/GTI...but i doubt they are gonna resell at the same price.
Maybe new car selling price is also a factor.

even 1 tulip can be sold at price of acres of land..we are intelligent beings..:chinese:

they can sell at any prices as long as ppl are buying it.

If based strictly on OMV, then I would say both cars (one German and the other Jap) will give you the same value, thus the premium that the M3 commands over the GTR is not justified. Like some said, this is a perceived value thing.

I would go for the M3 because I cannot bring myself to buy a Jap car at that price.

The selling price of these two used ones is basically mirroring the difference in the selling price when they are brand new.

pengful said:
If based strictly on OMV, then I would say both cars (one German and the other Jap) will give you the same value, thus the premium that the M3 commands over the GTR is not justified. Like some said, this is a perceived value thing.
That's what I thought.....

pengful said:
I would go for the M3 because I cannot bring myself to buy a Jap car at that price.
But both have the same "intrinsic value" based on OMV...... perhaps your statement is indicative of the premium on the M3....

chicane said:
The selling price of these two used ones is basically mirroring the difference in the selling price when they are brand new.
+1,000,000

That pits GTR (same OMV same year/month) at a better value than the M3, if you are considering either ?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sv88host

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back