only 400km @full tank (70l).. whats wrong?

Re: only 400km @full tank (70l).. whats wrong?

Best was 10km/l on 523i XL. 680km for 68l of 95RON. 95% highway at 80kph. Everyday driving would be around 580km for 65l.

What ever happened to Sheer Driving Pleasure in counting FC?

Counting FC also a kind of pleasure. May not be sheer driving but it satisfy some folks with good parameters.
I pump once every 2 weeks, is my FC good?

Very amazed with this obsession with FC.

Now some are saying they wanted to know if car was ok.

I wonder why no one asked questions like "my car lost traction when cornering at xxx at 60 instead of 70, anything wrong?", "my 0-100 is 6s is that normal?"

Anyhow FC has many dependencies. Only you will know if it is normal. Get the factory numbers and compare against it factoring your driving style/conditions and car setup.

i get 10km/L on a new F10 2 months old :smack: and i dont think i drive like a granny though the missus might disagree. 60% city drive, and hardly get on expressway nowadays

I suspect its your 20" rims... After installing supersprint, bms box and 19" staggered rims, I'm averaging 370 on heavy footing days and 420 to 450 when driving highways using the cruise control function. For some reason the cruise control does help the petrol consumption...

Gentlemen, do consider FC conscious as a good virtue for using resource wisely and efficiently. Owning this marque is already not a thrifty affair. Look at a bigger picture and different perspective.

I think you've got to ask yourself what's the prerogative of buying a BMW.

To drive and extract as much fun as possible from the best driver-feel car, or to get FC cautious and worrisome about the the "already-extravagant" purchase?

I cannot see the co-relation between owning an apparent fuel guzzler and being FC conscious.

Its like ordering a hamburger+chips+coke (upsize option included) and then talk about healthy living

Replied many times.....

FC will depend on:

(1) driving pattern - average rev range, gears
(2) route taken - distance, driving pattern, smooth vs jammed traffic, traffic lights
(3) wheels/tyres - overall centifrugal weight over diameters
(4) load - how many passengers, how many golf sets and luggages in your trunk.....
(5) mods

You will end up seeing a range of numbers from 6-7 to 10/11. No meaning comparing these.....
I reply again.

Kenn..... look at my post! familiar boh?

Bottomline - just drive and enjoy the car.

If FC and cost savings becomes such a major concern, you have gotten the wrong car with the wrong profile, or might have over-stretched yourselves.

tonykart;1094396 said:
Gentlemen, do consider FC conscious as a good virtue for using resource wisely and efficiently. Owning this marque is already not a thrifty affair. Look at a bigger picture and different perspective.
I am gonna be rude in my post below. If you can't accept it, ignore.

Since FC conscious, WTF buy BMW? Might as well buy Lexus hybrid or Toyota hybrid?

BMW is all about THE DRIVE. If one gonna drive it like pussy, might as well sell it.

tonykart;1094396 said:

Do you goes to the wrong showroom when you bought car?
You should get Toyota Prius , vios, city, altis bla bla if you want to have good FC, and this is not MCF that full of FC pussycat.
Want drive big CC car , be ready for poor FC.

All,

I'd though forum is a good place to learn n be constructive in our postings...

Here I would like to share the various steps I've taken to improve my 'sheer driving pleasure' and... FC!

1. Remus Responder
- After spending much on aesthetic (grille / spoiler / 20" breyton / coding / stickers), this little monster should be somehow mandatory for all E60 to begin with
- It significantly improves the respond the very instant you tap on the throttle. Switch to Sport+ mode and plus 3 power, my e60 523i is like another different car from the sluggish stock mode
- Finally I get to understand what Sheer-Driving-Pleasure is all about. Such a joy on low end, especially I m 80% city driving
- Many said it gonna deteriorates on FC. On the contrary, my FC improves by 25% - 30% !

2. Gear Box Tuning by Codewerx
- After worked about 45mins on my ride, RBB said to me "Your 523i now has a 525 map!"
- Went for a test whack, my high end improves significantly
- Reset Remus Responder (Thanks to Seanpavan's tip) so that it re-learn my new gearbox's map. Omg, Sheer-Driving-Pleasure on both low end and high end!

Back to FC (sorry if this bored the F to some), item 1 improves my FC by about 25%, but item 2 set it back by 10%. Nvm, what the heck.. AGREE that Sheer-Driving-Pleasure is more cool.

:goodup:

rid ur breytons....go buy some volks racing...cut 3kg each wheel...n come back here later pls. u will call me papa jem. cos I just taught u how to fly to the moon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jalalive3id
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back