Opinions..

k3nny

I just managed to get, along with the CAI, a full exhaust system.

So the mech said that the stock Valvetronic exhaust system is a single 2 inch pipe all the way with a cat in the middle and then a resonator and then finally the muffler.

Can anyone confirm this?

So therefore he replaced it with a 2 and 1/4 inch pipe all the way from the headers, NO CAT(i know.. illegal but meh.. haha), and 1 resonator and then finally my sebring muffler.

THe resonator is kinda like this

---------IN
_____| |
| aaaaaa|
| aaaaaa|
| aaaaaa|
-| |-------
OUT

So i thought it must've been an S-FLow system maybe? Is it restrictive or is it actually helping by creating SOME backpressure seeing as there is no cat now?

So if i remove this resonator and just run straight pipes all the way with no cat and no resonator, will i stand to lose or gain power?

Re: Opinions..

Hi,

I like to experiment using different stock exhaust box (eg.330) on my car and I only analysed the torque curve whenever there is a change in my exhaust system.

I suggest you should do a dyno run and compared with your stock system to see if the torque curve improvement is what you are looking for.

Thanks.

Re: Opinions..

Yea thats the thing. Expensive dyno time and labour here in Perth, WA.

Hmm maybe i will have to dyno after all
hahaha

Can someone confirm with me the diameter of the stock valvetronic exhaust system?
2 inches right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsjl444

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back