Original shocks or aftermarket?

stektan

Hi,

Am reaching 60K Km on my E60 soon and so thinking of changing shocks as got alot of squeaking now. If comfort is no.1 consideration, should I change to orginal shocks or is there a good aftermarket one like Koni FSD? I read the details on the Koni FSD and it sounds pretty good but not sure if it will work well with orginal springs. Don;t intend to lower my car and running on 19" now.. Thanks for help!

Re: Original shocks or aftermarket?

Koni FSD is designed to mate optimally with stock springs. With lowered springs, some users found FSD wore out prematurely. FSD provides comfort, yet stiffens at the right time to provide better handling. FSD seems to be a good choice if comfort is your first priority, but you also want better-than-stock handling capabilities.

Thanks...that sounds exactly like what I had wanted!

Hi

Are you using stock or after market bbk?

I always have the impression that larger rim should match with bigger bbk for better handling. Just like to hear your experience.

Thanks

passion;417594 said:
Hi

Are you using stock or after market bbk?

I always have the impression that larger rim should match with bigger bbk for better handling. Just like to hear your experience.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm still using stock brakes. I guess when you have larger rim, it doesn't necessary need bigger brakes if the rims are lighter than the original and if you adhere to the right sizing. But from a looks perspective, maybe it will look nicer. But of cos, if you drive very aggressively, than better change BBK regardless if rim size!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
df999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back