Paint Protector

yslim26

Hi guys,

I'm new to this community. I will be collecting my new 520iA tomorrow. It's a Safire black. Tried toughseal on my previous ride - a black Renault Megane 2 but realised that I still get scratches rather easily. Got them from my maid wiping my car in the morning. Seeking for advise on what other paint protector to use. Could anyone kindly advise? Thanks.
:)

Bro, the best way out for a dark colour car is to wax the bugger continuously. There are several brands that the guys and gals use here but the 2 most outstanding ones are from Zaino and Zymol...

Take your pick..

Black looks great but attracts scratches like gals attract buayas... :dance:

The immediate solution would be to tell your maid not to wipe the car when it hasn't been washed. If she wipes a dusty car with a dry cloth, sure kenna scratch. I think it would be best to get actual paint protection, rather than waxing. Waxing looks better, but only short term. For paint protection, try Glare or 3mendouz. I've used 3mendouz and v. happy with the result.

After reading numerous posts and asking around, it seems that Zaino is the recommended paint sealant. Will try that and cross my fingers. Decided to forgo wiping the car and opt for weekly wash during weekends. I have comtemplated using those plastic cover but think that it may be too troublesome. I can never cover the whole on my own....

Does anyone have better ideas or know of any other covers that can be easily deployed so that I can prevent bird droppings and leaves when parked under a car?
;)

yslim26,

your car should be clean before you put on the car cover or it may actually leave scratches on our paint work(not ideal if you intend to wash only once a week) in fact, the car cover might scratch your car anyway, even if its clean, when you pull it on and off your car or if its parked outdoors and the wind causes it to flap about your car.

however, that might be the lesser of the evils as scratches from the car cover are probably easier to polish out than the marks left by bird droppings etc.

if buying one, get a good quality one like those from BMW.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n6663

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back