parking at the road side of a landed property estate illegal ?

Darth Vader

hi folks

was wondering if it is illegal to park at the road sides of a landed property estate.
cause heard of a case in marshall road 2 years ago where a guy was fined for illegal parking outside his landed property.

is it illegal for a heavy vehicle like a bus to park in a landed property estate ?

cheers

Re: parking at the road side of a landed property estate illegal ?

not illegal provided not over yellow line marker.... or designated no parking per traffic regulations...

zag;492318 said:
not illegal provided not over yellow line marker.... or designated no parking per traffic regulations...

my place very ulu, the nearest housing outside my area is about 4km i think,so i dont think non residents will park at my place.i think the residents are quite considerate.

but one of the neighbours operate a bus transportation company i think,and he park his buses in the estate.was wondering if it is illegal ,cause heavy vehicles have to park in designated heavy vehicle parks.

ok same case as me. alot of trucks and sometimes buses will park outside my house. these drivers stay in the estate behind my place.

most times they line up the sides all the way till the stop sign blocking all visibility round the bend. I'll take these pictures including their license # and send them to LTA/TP...if still no action, then raise this matter to higher level.

Really hate these inconsiderate drivers! I also need a good camera for taking night pictures.

the problem is once u call the police in, you disrupt the equilibrium.

they cannot book selectively and wont know which house owns which car and since, if the cars parked in a place with conti white line, then your report will trigger a mass summon.

dun call police la....open their fuel tanks n throw sand inside...

Just call the police. Parking selfish bastids. Had similar incident, but rental car company. Residents talk talk talk then decided to call police.

totoseow;492336 said:

you da man

totoseow;492336 said:

you mean sugar!? hahahaha!

haha wonder what will happen if you throw sugar in the tank. haha

Yellow line... White line... All sala. Cal polis all kena!

Dnt cal polis! Cal towg truck!! Which veh park inconsiderate, obstruct, towed it away!!! Let e selfish basta cryyyyyy!!!!!

Deadkookaburra;492333 said:
ok same case as me. alot of trucks and sometimes buses will park outside my house. these drivers stay in the estate behind my place.

most times they line up the sides all the way till the stop sign blocking all visibility round the bend. I'll take these pictures including their license # and send them to LTA/TP...if still no action, then raise this matter to higher level.

Really hate these inconsiderate drivers! I also need a good camera for taking night pictures.

Make sure you take down the exact time and date for each photo you take.

My area is pretty bad to the point that 1 night, our ex E46 side mirrors had less than an inch clearance when coming home. You can only guess how long it took me to squeeze through and I was quite certain I will have to sleep in my car till the following morning. These people don't even live in our area and are here for supper.

I've taken about 20+ photos and forward them to TP. TP asked for date and exact time for each vehicle otherwise they can't proceed.

Called TP hotline, they said no units available.

Raised the matter to higher authority. They ended up sending dudes in scooters. These guys spent the afternoon camping at the residential playground taking a nap. The very same cars that were parked there since he was here were not fined even after he left. :juggle:

I don't care if people park illegally as we have all done so before. But parking illegally at the expense of causing inconvenience to others is just not on. :errrrrrr:

Edit* Yes, my area is all double yellow lines.

what about bloody inconsiderate neighbours who 'reserve' parking lots for 1 car + 3 vans using cones and dustbins? (causing everyone else so much problems with parking!)
who to call? neighbourhood police told them to remove the cones but once the police goes off, the cones appear again.

JC72;492464 said:
what about bloody inconsiderate neighbours who 'reserve' parking lots for 1 car + 3 vans using cones and dustbins? (causing everyone else so much problems with parking!)
who to call? neighbourhood police told them to remove the cones but once the police goes off, the cones appear again.

Actually I am considering using cones to prevent people parking outside my house. My house is in a cul de sac and some idiots can actually park in front of my house and block entry to/exit from the two houses in the cul de sac.

heng i stay hdb...................... no problemo

but this stupid neighbour places the cones and dustbins opposite his house (for 4 vehicles!)

My estate has double yellow lines along the whole road..but everyone still parks..most of the residents here have 2 cars or more so bo pian..makes the place very cramped actually but i guess everyone is very understanding towards each other..the only pain in the butt is that because my place is quite near the airport..we have some airport staff or aircrew park their cars here and take bus to work..some aircrew park their cars for days without moving..sometimes the way they position their cars is very inconvenient to the residents like encroaching into the driveway or taking a whole space where normally 2 cars can park..so many times wanted to call police but..EVERYONE ALSO ILLEGAL PARK..dun wanna poke our own a*s so gotta bear with it lor!

Imho,because living in an landed estate one have to be considerate and patient because i have only got 3 immediate neighbours,left of me,right of me and one across the road from me.any slight misunderstanding and hostilities will inadvertently result in WAR.

for the sake of peace,sometimes have to eat humble pie and act blur.

JC72;492869 said:
but this stupid neighbour places the cones and dustbins opposite his house (for 4 vehicles!)

Eh, put dustbin nevermind.

My opposite neighbour has a 2 car garage big enough for 2 7 series Li to park. But no, all 4 vehicles park outside + chop with dustbin, leaving their garage empty. :confused:

That one I really don't understand. I mean I would feel safer if my vehicles were parked inside but thats just me. :thinking:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back