parking at the road side of a landed property estate illegal ?

Re: parking at the road side of a landed property estate illegal ?

AC Schnitzer;493083 said:
Eh, put dustbin nevermind.

My opposite neighbour has a 2 car garage big enough for 2 7 series Li to park. But no, all 4 vehicles park outside + chop with dustbin, leaving their garage empty. :confused:

That one I really don't understand. I mean I would feel safer if my vehicles were parked inside but thats just me. :thinking:
i feel u bro. my neighbour does the same thing. park his freakin saab outside. sometimes to the extent of inching to my gate liao.

i suggest u have a nice chatb with him. if all else fails call mata!

Slater;493118 said:
i feel u bro. my neighbour does the same thing. park his freakin saab outside. sometimes to the extent of inching to my gate liao.

i suggest u have a nice chatb with him. if all else fails call mata!

Few years ago when parents and sister had 3 cars, we could only fit 2 in garage and 3rd has to be outside. That was a pain in the butt because their 4th vehicle was right opposite our house. So no choice, park further up.

After the house was rebuilt with basement carpark, it no longer posed an issue. Its a bit squeezy but as long I don't need to do a 3 point turn, I think its ok.

For your case, if you and your neighbours are the silent type, wave but no talk, it can be quite an awkward situation. Best time to talk to neighbour is when they are gardening and you're at home, tell him/her nicely and end of with a nice chat about XYZ.

But yeah, I wouldn't call mata. Mata come that one confirm WW III. Get ready to assign family members for sentry and prowler duties. :laughlik:

Live in apartments , toto says one.

I think it's a basic human society thoughtfulness or being considerate, zhi tong, automatic, that's the crux here. It spans to every action that you do in life too. You have a right to fart in a crowded elevator, but the niceness in us make us gek our anus until we simply cannot or we get out first.

By parking in such a manner (even if it's still legal) but lacking in social consideration, they are just simply thinking for themselves and not others. Most times, people are just not aware, maybe stupid or just never bothered to think. Some will feel paiseh and accommodate when you bring it up to them, so thats why first step is to talk nicely to them first.

Many will be naturally defensive (for no reason) and some will react aggressively. That's sad. I've heard of many cases, from my friends, where because of exactly this same parking problem, the entire estate become a warzone, families take sides, vandalise, use dustbin, terrorise new homeowners, call police every other day, install cameras. Once this stage happens, it will almost never be resolved. Forever.

Put in some fliers, say hi and make friends with everyone around you. invite everyone round for tea, have a nice talk about it, resolve it properly. Otherwise you're gonna think why did i spend millions on my home to stay amidst animosity.

Of coz there was once, my neighbour exited his house and bang into Ryan's car. I very angry. I hang octogon mirror face him.

Racebred;493200 said:
By parking in such a manner (even if it's still legal) but lacking in social consideration, they are just simply thinking for themselves and not others. Most times, people are just not aware, maybe stupid or just never bothered to think. Some will feel paiseh and accommodate when you bring it up to them, so thats why first step is to talk nicely to them first.

Many will be naturally defensive (for no reason) and some will react aggressively. That's sad. I've heard of many cases, from my friends, where because of exactly this same parking problem, the entire estate become a warzone, families take sides, vandalise, use dustbin, terrorise new homeowners, call police every other day, install cameras. Once this stage happens, it will almost never be resolved. Forever..

Very true indeed Racebred and to all bros and sis

Just to share my version of story and encounter I had couple of mths ago.

I faced the same problem when I moved into my present estate in April this year. My opposite neighbour being an old bird in this estate after 2 mths I shifted in. Got his maid to utilise dustbins to chop parking space for his "3" vehicles, one lorry, one van and a Mit Lancer.

When my spouse and I went over to talk to this family nicely in a peaceful manner ( the china national daughter in-law and an Indian Maid spoke up) ....guess what !! We were rewarded with verbal abuse and insults to go stay in the mountains lah..why stay in landed property? I told them what they had done was against the law and inconsiderate to other neighbours. Although it was a public road outside my place. It should be on a first come first served basis not using such items to chop parking space for themselves. The daughter-in law raised her voice say loudly their family got 3 vehicles, so need to chop the space for their vehicles. Someone unhappy from inside the house shouted out loud....asking me and my spouse to buy up the whole road. Such hooligan and incorrigible behaviour can still be observed in this century. So much so for a gracious society. I will think forget it.

There are still bound to have Axxholes who thinks they own the estate and the public road opposite their house. Progressively Police was called in....and this family was told to removed the bins. Police left....rubbish bins and road cones appeared. All these within the same evening.

I was darned fed-up...tooK my digital camera took down many shots from various angles called for the police again. Send email and attached photos to LTA/TP and also the MP in charge of my area explaining the situation.

LTA came and warned the family of potential being charged in court and fine for being so defiant despite warning letter hand delivered to them.

Have been staying peacefully ever since this episope. No more chopping parking space problem.

Good luck to bros /sis in your resolution with these kind of neighbours.

Cheers :goodup:

Accumulator;499126 said:
Very true indeed Racebred and to all bros and sis

Just to share my version of story and encounter I had couple of mths ago.

I faced the same problem when I moved into my present estate in April this year. My opposite neighbour being an old bird in this estate after 2 mths I shifted in. Got his maid to utilise dustbins to chop parking space for his "3" vehicles, one lorry, one van and a Mit Lancer.

When my spouse and I went over to talk to this family nicely in a peaceful manner ( the china national daughter in-law and an Indian Maid spoke up) ....guess what !! We were rewarded with verbal abuse and insults to go stay in the mountains lah..why stay in landed property? I told them what they had done was against the law and inconsiderate to other neighbours. Although it was a public road outside my place. It should be on a first come first served basis not using such items to chop parking space for themselves. The daughter-in law raised her voice say loudly their family got 3 vehicles, so need to chop the space for their vehicles. Someone unhappy from inside the house shouted out loud....asking me and my spouse to buy up the whole road. Such hooligan and incorrigible behaviour can still be observed in this century. So much so for a gracious society. I will think forget it.

There are still bound to have Axxholes who thinks they own the estate and the public road opposite their house. Progressively Police was called in....and this family was told to removed the bins. Police left....rubbish bins and road cones appeared. All these within the same evening.

I was darned fed-up...tooK my digital camera took down many shots from various angles called for the police again. Send email and attached photos to LTA/TP and also the MP in charge of my area explaining the situation.

LTA came and warned the family of potential being charged in court and fine for being so defiant despite warning letter hand delivered to them.

Have been staying peacefully ever since this episope. No more chopping parking space problem.

Good luck to bros /sis in your resolution with these kind of neighbours.

Cheers :goodup:

u should drag their bins back with a permanent note "CHARGE ME! I M NOT SCARE". Then take pics and send to the garmen again.

Deadkookaburra;499149 said:
u should drag their bins back with a permanent note "CHARGE ME! I M NOT SCARE". Then take pics and send to the garmen again.

LTA officers were very helpful and reminded me to monitor situation. NEA division was also informed and warned the family that their bins will definitely be taken away for good if they received anymore complaints or photo proof again.

I guess this time round..... with email shoot up direct to MP really gets the necessary department working.

Another alternative will be the press. Invite them to come take a look at our gracious neighbours' behaviour conduct interviews and take more photos for next day newspaper local news headline below

"Ugly landed property owners' behaviour at bla bla bla estate" ;)

I dont understand why ppl use their dust bins to chop places for what, some neighbour of mine does it, I just find it plain rude.

KWY91;499187 said:
I dont understand why ppl use their dust bins to chop places for what, some neighbour of mine does it, I just find it plain rude.
neanderthals

call police also no use one....

this particular house in bt timah opp NUS, has a S350, X3, R8 and a civic. At best, house can take 3 cars, the other camp outside, continuous white line....for months already, they still at it. maybe they take the dudes for ride in the r8

opulentgroup;492335 said:
the problem is once u call the police in, you disrupt the equilibrium.

they cannot book selectively and wont know which house owns which car and since, if the cars parked in a place with conti white line, then your report will trigger a mass summon.

Actually the TP is quite service orientated nowadays. They go ding done on at least 3 house away up and down and across the road before they book.

When they came to my gate and ring my door bell, I thot siao liao... sound not have driven so fast ..:lol2:

Kudos to TP ...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OneTab
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back