Parking brake failure repair

Re: Parking brake failure repair

Hi brother, my 730li parking brake is facing the same problem. Can you recommend the workshop (to replace with metal gears) that can solve this problem?

Thanks....:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks a million to Mark for recommended a workshop that solved my parking brake problem. Saved a lot of $$$$$

lotwsote;983356 said:
I bought a (CNC made) plastic gear and DIY changed it. It wasn't easy because there is a need to grind certain metal part down but it was worth it... At least it was fun (and messy).

wow. How many hour did your spend for the inplant?

nextreal;998091 said:
Nope. It was a sudden death.

Autopsy of the parking brake module revealed nothing like the photo in the first post in this thread. Every gear, pulley and cable looked normal. Only the actuator died.

Btw, the E65/66 parking brake is not in lever form.

How much to change the actuator? I have ignore the warning message to drive safely for quite some time.

Anybody here able to recommend a workshop with proper hydraulic press to dismantle the centre pin of the larger broken gear assembly? I had managed to dismantle the entire actuator and bought the DIY gears from Odometer. Would appreciate if anyone able to recommend to get it done at reasonable charges.

need help too, 730Li parking brake warning light is on, pml quote $1500.

anyone know cheaper alternative?

Hi,

Can I check where to get it repair,I cant press the brake park button anymore. And the check system put Park Brake Failure.
=(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back