Pay for extra nuggets sauce: S'pore McDonald's

ac323

Staff member
The next time you want extra dipping sauce for your McDonald's nuggets - prepare to pay for it.

From Monday, McDonald's customers in Singapore will be charged 30 cents for every additional nuggets sauce.

The fast food chain announced its new condiments policy "Love More, Waste Less", on its Facebook page.

For every 'extra value meal' or six-piece Chicken McNuggets order, customers will still get at least one free nuggets sauce - be it curry, barbecue or sweet and sour flavour.

The second pack is also free, upon request.

For those wanting more, there will be a charge of 30 cents for each additional pack.

McDonald's said the move aims to prevent abuse of the free dipping sauces, and that it's "a fair solution" to reduce wastage.

The story attracted a range of views on Channel NewsAsia's Facebook page.

Some agreed with the move, adding it'll be effective in preventing wastage.

Mr Kelvin Khoo felt most Singaporeans have been abusing the privilege of getting the sauces for free.

He said: "Charge! Most Singaporeans, or diners, have abused this privilege and proven that we cannot manage it! Sad but that's the truth!"

Ar Yf said: "This is a fair move by McDonald's. It's a win-win situation because they still allow at least one tub for any EVM (extra value meal). But I wish they at least bring back mayonnaise and ration it the same way."

Others said they'll just have to make do.

Rizal Hassan said: " Life goes on...collectively, it would probably make McDonald's richer...but it won't make me that much poorer either."

Still, there were those who felt that the move will not prevent wastage.

Wolfie Densetsu said: "From a behavourial viewpoint, charging for the sauce still does not prevent wastage, as long as people can afford to keep purchasing extras, they will still purchase beyond what they need."

Re: Pay for extra nuggets sauce: S'pore McDonald's

wait till bobby appear, he will buy few thousauds of curry sauce till out of stock. They kenna apple pie by bobby before.

if i don't take the sauce will McDonald's give me 30cents off?

In Euro countries u pay 30 cents euro for that..

McDonald's is bad for health.

I'm keeping to the dignified discussion that transpires in these hallowed forums.

Singaporeans basically cry father cry mother for the smallest things like paying for sauces.. no happy don't eat la..

govt should send all Singapore citizens who turns 18 to do humanitarian work at Cambodia for 2months to SEE the world.. rather than wasting time crying need to pay 30 cents for extra sauces..

John74;859281 said:
In Euro countries u pay 30 cents euro for that..

in a certain Euro country you pay 1 Euro to teh neh neh.

VolanteDB9;859296 said:
in a certain Euro country you pay 1 Euro to teh neh neh.

Knn I kana ketok already.. I paid 2euros entrance fee for public toilet in Venice..

wobbles;859286 said:
McDonald's is bad for health.

I'm keeping to the dignified discussion that transpires in these hallowed forums.

best post so far in this thread

Centurion9990;859297 said:
Knn I kana ketok already.. I paid 2euros entrance fee for public toilet in Venice..

Atas! ! I only do it at the road side :D

By the way, I think 2 sauces for a 6 piece nuggets is fair enough.

C3P0;859347 said:
Atas! ! I only do it at the road side :D

By the way, I think 2 sauces for a 6 piece nuggets is fair enough.

Brobot, when you do it at the road side, are you doing it to help refuel a broken-down car?

Oil should NOT go to waste .... :lol2:

Last edited by a moderator:

next would be chilli sauce can only press 2 times
see some bengs ... like to press until overflow and then lick their finger :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taixiugo88club
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back