Petrol brand choice

Puny

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Using Shell currently.

Can't really tell a difference especially when driving conditions vary day by day.. :(

i know wat you're saying... what happened for me was that i tried Shell and Esso and SPC, not just once. It seems that Esso always give me the best mileage. My drving pattern is consistent. A friend of mine used to drive Honda Jazz, and after trying out himself and confirming with honda forum people, Caltex seems to give best mileage for Jazz. Jus trying to see if there's any consensus..

My mech told me once that diff car suits diff petrol...I didn't believe him until then I tried BP on my car and got an extra 50km average everytime !!

Try 3 tankful of each brands to determine the one most suitable. I am now using Shell cos I still find more power than other petrol.

I'll just pump the brand thats cheapest. And honestly I don't see any difference at all.

Really? I normally base my petrol decision on points. In Canada for 2.5 yrs I used ESSO until I collected over 3000 points.

they sell the same thing but according to exxonmobil people, they keep 2 distinct brands coz each brand caters to a different target market (??!?!??!). mobil caters to the younger generation. (again ?!?!!?!?!?). so there.

Ghostrider said:
My mech told me once that diff car suits diff petrol...I didn't believe him until then I tried BP on my car and got an extra 50km average everytime !!

Try 3 tankful of each brands to determine the one most suitable. I am now using Shell cos I still find more power than other petrol.

hey, i got friends saying BP is more efficient.
you're saying it too..

it's time i tried it again..

cheers
Tom

oh no... so different people sayin different things... if all are driving the same car,, then perhaps not conclusive enough. As far as i know, Mobil and Esso still produce separately. And BP becoming part of SPC, maybe shud try SPC.

mobil and exxon both have their refineries in singapore respectively, but it's all interchangable. if shell runs out of fuel they can buy from exxonmobil's refineries anyway. then they'll add their own addictives and sell under their own brand. petrol is still petrol.

oneHeadlight said:
oh no... so different people sayin different things... if all are driving the same car,, then perhaps not conclusive enough. As far as i know, Mobil and Esso still produce separately. And BP becoming part of SPC, maybe shud try SPC.

"BP becoming part of SPC" is not correct, per se. SPC is buying over BP's retail business, i.e. all BP stations will be renovated to look like SPC stations, and will sell SPC petrol, not BP petrol. BP is still a separate company from SPC.

If one day a SG oil company can buy BP, wah..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hitclubgripe
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back