Petrol consumption F10 535

Re: Petrol consumption F10 535

hitmee;711440 said:
there is a price to pay for strawberry ride

i am very curious about this strawberry ride......

btw, maybe u guys can also share what petrol and RON you are using besides your FC to give a better gauge. I believe VPower and Caltex Platinum should give better FC ?

For comparative purposes, E92 N54 on JB4 Map 2 returns about 7km/L on 50/50%highway/city driving, 9km/L on NSHW at constant speed and about 2-3km/L in 2nd/3rd gear when pulling away from strawberry cars

N55 is supposed to be 20% more efficient than N54 as claimed by BMW, but not really seeing those FC improvement numbers in the real world. Just as bad if not worse....

Last edited by a moderator:

Used to pump V-Power from the days of the E39. Then sometimes experience 'jerky' pull off from stationary so switched to Esso, which gave me better mileage. And been using Esso since E60 till now. The octane level are all the same, but V-Power and Techron added additives to their petrol for various reasons. Been told the additive in V-Power was quite harsh on the engine; considering that engines are made to withstand heat, extreme wear and tear, I doubt the additives would harm the engines in any significant way. Not sure why I'm suddenly talking about petrol. Topic was mileage claims that I'm not personally experiencing, nothing to do with 'worrying' and such. Maybe I spent a lot of time playing with the adjustments and doing the music upload with engine on. I'll reset the consumption meter after the 1st service and see how it performs. Thanks to all who responded with your personal experiences, including the jokers who make the threads fun to read.

Bro, I had similar issues with Shell (it was 95 or 98, as opposed to VP) petrol on my E90. When I asked around, there was a comment made about how Shell petrol doesn't do as well with E90s. I'm sure it's all hearsay but since then, I've moved over to Caltex and have been using it for some time.

Been getting about 8 to 8,6km/ltr for my 530 which is about 450km-480km per tank

Now on 535, i can hit about 530km per tank which compute to about 9.6km/ltr

80/30 driving.

Ktoh;714293 said:
Been getting about 8 to 8,6km/ltr for my 530 which is about 450km-480km per tank

80/30 driving.

That's amazing mileage! I only get around 9km/l from the 530 on all-highway to KL. How do you drive, man?! 80/30 see mee lai eh??

Ktoh;714293 said:

80/30 driving.

Amazing mileage! I doubt my 523 would come close.

possible. I hit 9.95 once...but my last tank i calculate is abt 9.25

In my opinion FC is dependent on individual driving style, route of travel, driving alone or fully loaded most of the time, etc. I doubt acclaimed by bro ktoh is not unrealistic. I suppose in the "ideal world", each 70L tank is good for range up to 800km++ :thinking:

For my case, after owning F10 N55 for nearly a month, I do not notice that I need to make more frequent trips to the petrol kiosk. My previous ride was E60 525. For the record, I am using Esso Ron98 fuel, 20" OEM rims, and I could easily covered in excess of 480km++ per tank based on 70% city / 30% HW.

Point to note is I am still running in the engine hence been mindful to be light footed to prevent crossing 4000rpm mark. However turbocharging provides abundance of low end torque in keeping up with typical local traffic conditions. In fact, I suspect when driving gently in city traffic N55 might be more efficient than N52 in the real world......

By the way, the start-stop function has been getting on my nerves and I have to constantly remind myself to switch it off every time I started the engine. Anyone knows if it is possible to get PML to "program" it to be permanently off?

FC depends on avg speed, which indicates road conditions and also weight of my car. So I weighed my car at Munich. ...my 130 MSport, avg 44km/h, 12l/100km weighs 1450kg, read from OBC, but from past experience its accurate enough. My IS 250 (weighs 1650kgs!) avg 33 km/h, 10l/100km.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlifeinteriors
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back