Petrol - Do you use a credit card or points card or both?

Jase

Hi gang,

Just wanted to get some feedback on what sort of petrol discounts/rebates you take advantage of, i.e. do you use:
(1) a credit card (e.g. OCBC gives a 3% rebate on Shell petrol) or
(2) the Shell Escape Card (for points) or
(3) the Shell Card (GIRO payment but you get a bonus 3% rebate) or
(4) a bunch/combo of the above.

Any tips to share?

Cheers (as always),
J

Re: Petrol - Do you use a credit card or points card or both?

Hi Jase,
i normally use both credit card and the points card as you can get the points for both of them. but I normally fuel up at SPC.

I"m using the SPC card which gives a 12% -13% discount and pay with the POSB Everyday credit card which gives a 4% rebate. So all in all, I'm getting about 17% off the petrol list price.

Thanks heerajs. I think I'll opt for both but the Shell Card is quite good cause it gives you a bonus 3% over the current price which Shell offers. Apparently, Shell is giving (until June/July 07 - can't remember which month) 11% off its petrol price. The Shell Card adds another 3% making it 14% drop.

Note: This is the Shell Card, not the Escape Card. The Shell Card gives points etc and the additional bonus discount. The Shell Card requires the cardholder to have payment made via GIRO etc. The Escape Card only gives points.

i use only dividend card...giving 5% off the petrol price + the station discount...

quiksilver;173650 said:
i use only dividend card...giving 5% off the petrol price + the station discount...

Me too. Use Citibank Dividend Card can get both the 11% Shell is giving as well as another 5% from Citibank making it 16% drop. Stopped using OCBC and UOB for sometime due to lower discount.

Can still use with Shell Escape Card to collect points.

use OCBC + Shell Card :)

use HSBC card (16% straight) with Thanks card (can accumulate and redeem) at Caltex

i use personal shell card..
save the queueing up at the cashier.. :woowooo:

use Dividend card and its 11% + 5% of net amount at Shell (in fact any petrol brand also boleh), so it's 15.45% instead of 16% as mentioned by steven318.

thot of HSBC and Caltex combi but do not like the bank and do not have Caltex in areas where i frequent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debetninja
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back