Petrol leaking

rudees

hi everyone,
I have a problem with my E36 318i, There seems to be a leak somewhere around the engine compartment of my bimmer but I can't pin point where the leak is comming from. it's so bad that when the car is still I can smell petrol being blown in from the air con ducts and even when i start the car or just before shutting down the engine..... the smell will only dissapear when i start driving. I had a fuel pump problem a few months back but had it replace since. I'm getting iritated :furious: by the smell and my fuel consumption ain't helping due to this....... PLS,PLS,PLS do help me out guys if any of you had encounter this problem before.........Thank you very much.

Re: Petrol leaking

Try the few places like checking on the rubber hose in the engine compartment. Also check the fuel pump rubber seal

(Standing infront of yr car)Check the fuel lines from the right side of the engine below,there are 2 hoses. And check the 2 smaller hose under the mannifold very near to the injectors.. Time to change the hoses,it crack after sometime,usually crack at the ends of the hoses around the ring clips...

thanks Bros, by the way how much does the hoses cost? if that's the problem?

Mine also have this problem but I have yet to fix it. I have narrow down the leak to be somewhere between my fuel rail to the filter. I suspect one of the rubber hoses has either cracked (due to age) or the hose clamps area is leaking.

had mine changed last month... 2 tiny rubber hose under the manifold
not sure if its called fuel hose or etc! cost me abt 60-80 bucks

not too sure as I did it all with my usual car servicing....

Yes bro dpointt... thats where exactly my petrol is comming from....I'm bleeding money everytime I drive..... Bro dopintt did you buy the hose yourself? can you kindly PM me your workshop so maybe I can go and get it change there. Thanks..

Bro futron I think better get it fix asap as it's quite dangerous to drive around with petrol spewing. ...and not to mention the smell of petrol in the cabin....

rudees;395449 said:
Bro futron I think better get it fix asap as it's quite dangerous to drive around with petrol spewing. ...and not to mention the smell of petrol in the cabin....

i agree - this sounds like a hazard to me...

First of all I would like to say Thank You to Bro Collin and all of you guys, who have help me out on this thing....I've managed to get it changed today and can tell you guys that Simon is a very nice guy.....would recommend anyone who has a problem with their ride to go to him.......a job well done and surprisingly at a very good rate....CHEERS GUYS......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twin6869blogspotcom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back