Petrol Preference

dougurasu

Good Day to all BMW bros

Which brand of petrol do you usually gas up and which grade of petrol?
Is there any difference in the different brands? Which brand or grade in your opinion gives you better milage?:)

As usual, your contribution is appreciated:woowooo:

Re: Petrol Preference

I personally gas up at SPC initially but don't know why, my milage is less than 8km/litres:ultrasho:

I tried Esso so far getting 8.5km/litre. All gas up is 95 grade. So does it mean Esso and Mobile gives better milage?

:) Cheers,
Dougurasu

to me ....no preference........i have 2 loyalty cards, spc n shell.

98 for me........

was waiting for this question as i just finished a test

my car runs better on Esso as compared to shell. both 98 octane was tried twice from both dealers, esso worked better, better accelaration, better performance, better mileage

i run on caltex 98... Esso and Mobil are also pretty good. no SPC and Shell.. tried both ... proven power loss on the dyno .

tried shell, spc and mobil all 98. love shell most as it seems to give better mileage with responsive throttle (no diagnostics used here). mobil seems to burn up faster while spc seems to give car negative power.

Personally i am using Synergy 8000 from Esso, cos i got the discount credit card. Never used other brands before. too ke kao already... Anyway, what about shell's v-power? is it really better than all petrol?

Mockngbrd;266373 said:
i'm on ESSO 98 and Caltex 98

both somehow makes the car feel smoother... Shell is very rough.... dun like it

this is correct, i did the tests!! Shell sucks

Hi all BMers,

Just gas up at Esso, latest petrol consumption as I expected to have better milage! I manage 465km with 56litres of petrol. works out to be 8.3km/litre!:woowooo: Feel that the car drives smoother with Esso as compared to SPC.

Previously when I gas up at SPC only manage 7.3km/litre. 1km/litre more gets you a way further. with another additional 55km - 60km more milage means lesser trips to the gas station.

Cheers!:laughlik:
Dougurasu

i think a lot depends on yoru driving habit...

I use SPC 98.... i am hitting about 9.5 km./liter... but petrol at this price... 9.5k/liter is still too little...

agree totally. SPC is a no no. better to stick to the 'renown' brands like esso, shell

im using V power on 325i, managed to go up to 600km on a full tank so far and usually get caught in lots of jams...so pretty good consumption i tink..

dougurasu;266147 said:
Good Day to all BMW bros

Which brand of petrol do you usually gas up and which grade of petrol?
Is there any difference in the different brands? Which brand or grade in your opinion gives you better milage?:)

As usual, your contribution is appreciated:woowooo:

Actually i think mileage has alot to do with driving style, eg. a person who uses lots of kick down while the other just do normal driving and definitely the 1 who uses kick down very often will get very low km/per litre. The other point would be this certain tank of petrol was mostly driven on expressway or most of the time waiting for traffic light to turn green. :)

Last time I used to go to Caltex Bukit Batok, sometimes back I used their vouchers given by Amex but they insist to charge me 5% more than normal payment by cash or credir cards. I got pissed off and stopped going there since then. Now using Shell V power. I prefer the service than anything else.

Ok reviving this thread. How many bengs/sengs out there driving 335 uses 98 octane or V-power? I need to lock in my price risk with a forward contract on 98 or better petrol...kekeke. Actually I was thinking Shell 98 will do?

Was on Caltex Platinum for 6mths before switching to Caltex Gold 2 mths ago.

No difference in mileage, engine noise, power etc etc... (butt dyno of course) but saved a bit of $$. Good enough for me.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
777vinname

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back