PI 520i

FASTCARS

How much discount is reasonable market rate to ask from SE.

If new car is registered with Open Cat COE (likely Open Cat expired when bid at begin of the year) ; Car mileage is e.g. 80km, Profit Margin is $30K =(e.g.Sell Price $200K - $170 Cost).

Completely brand new car (with guaranteed COE) is selling at e.g.200K. Car is not 520i.

Above replaces the below thread
Hi, was wondering what the differences are if buy from PML 520i(new) vs the 2nd hand unit from
PI (

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PI 520i

FASTCARS;881408 said:
Hi, was wondering what the differences are if buy from PML 520i(new) vs the 2nd hand unit from
PI (

is the price worth it?
if the depreciation cost is same level with PML (new or used), why buy from PI?
do your maths carefully. in term of outside workshop, you need to check the track record of the workshop. workshop name? there is also risk workshop remain but PI close shop and vice-versa

option 1 is not attractive at all.

for new PI car to compete, at least must 20+ or 30k cheaper than pml assuming same specs.

for option 2, 15-20k for used pml unit is also not attractive, its like as if normal 1yr depreciation, so might as well get a new one.

just my 2 cents

Most PI have very low spec for 520i. Totally not worth it because you are missing on many of the basic stuff. PML 520i is already low spec enough that you are just buying shell of f10.

PML has over PI:

1. Comfort access, i.e. keyless entry. All are keyless start.
2. Nav Pro with the 10.2" screen, voice command, bluetooth, internet and the what nots in the multimedia.
3. Electric boot with kick release.
4. Plus others like 1 year road tax, cheap insurance, financial rebate at 1.88% etc.

my 2 cent advice as i bought from PI, do study your contract carefully, if need be pay few hundred ask a lawyer to go thru it for you. everything HAS TO BE WRITTEN and signed on the contract.

hahaha ... PI is selling at PML price ... huat ah !

sszone;881463 said:
option 1 is not attractive at all.

for new PI car to compete, at least must 20+ or 30k cheaper than pml assuming same specs.

for option 2, 15-20k for used pml unit is also not attractive, its like as if normal 1yr depreciation, so might as well get a new one.

just my 2 cents

ngalan;881496 said:
my 2 cent advice as i bought from PI, do study your contract carefully, if need be pay few hundred ask a lawyer to go thru it for you. everything HAS TO BE WRITTEN and signed on the contract.

Hire Bro MW To go with u to PI.....keke

I now boh hiew whenever this topic of PI vs AD thing comes up..

yes its a very nice topic to talk abt, argue, discuss, curse, swear..yadda yadda...

10 people will say AD besterestest, and then 10 others will say PI is not bad, save money

then another 10 will say specs AD vs PI simi cannot compare yadda yadda

then u hear the 10 people who said PI not bad, suddenly say buy from AD besterestest as well..

Hokkien saying.. "Orh Peh Kong".. Black White Talk

say wat u all want lah. Your money you choice. Tell u buy from AD, the next moment got BBQ thread asking for name list of those who wait until neck long long late delivery, then another BBQ thread asking for name list of those unhappy with AD servicing etc etc

then another namelist of lousy fcuked up PI etc etc

no end..

So..Zen..

next question, i buy PI but i want to go AD for servicing and warranty .... :lol:

MW;881539 said:

yes its a very nice topic to talk abt, argue, discuss, curse, swear..yadda yadda...

10 people will say AD besterestest, and then 10 others will say PI is not bad, save money

then u hear the 10 people who said PI not bad, suddenly say buy from AD besterestest as well..

say wat u all want lah. Your money you choice. Tell u buy from AD, the next moment got BBQ thread asking for name list of those who wait until neck long long late delivery, then another BBQ thread asking for name list of those unhappy with AD servicing etc etc

no end..

So..Zen..

If $$$ not a big issue....BUY 1st STRESS Later.....:)

FASTCARS;881408 said:
PI (

Same theory as modding.

Wan to mod don't scare, wan to scare don't mod...

Where got assurance which one good, even PML not 100% good, subjective question.

Another example; see chicken nice, eat chicken not necessary nice. SO how? Ask for refund?

MW;881539 said:

no end..

So..Zen..

Zen the best

Re: 520i

If new car is registered with Open Cat COE (likely Open Cat expired when bid at begin of the year) at what amount of discount who be approximate e.g. car $200K.

Note: Registered car mileage is say 2 digit e.g 10km.

FASTCARS;881873 said:
If new car is registered with Open Cat COE (likely Open Cat expired when bid at begin of the year) at what amount of discount who be approximate e.g. car $200K.

Note: Registered car mileage is say 2 digit e.g 10km.

assuming omv is 40k x 2.3 + 60k coe + 50k profit = 202k selling price

use the above formula and replace omv, coe and profit margin.
if it's sold as 2nd owner, can tekan more :D

How much discount is resonable market rate?

If new car is registered with Open Cat COE (likely Open Cat expired when bid at begin of the year) ; Car mileage is e.g. 80km, Profit Margin is $30K =(e.g.Sell Price $200K - $170 Cost).

Completely brand new car (with guaranteed COE) is selling $200K after discount.

Buy second hand. Test until you song. What you see is what you get. I have bought several new cars. I tell you, AD or PI is one part of the equation. Thereafter is heng sway. You get a fucked up AD car, or a fucked up PI car... both is going to be equally painful. Got money good for you, no money good luck.

There's a 3.0L N52 Inline 6 528i for sale by one of the bros here. That is THE car to get.

How much discount is resonable market rate?

Completely brand new car (with guaranteed COE) is selling $200K after discount.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ae8888tech
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back