Piggy Back

Hi guys,

i have just gotten a 2nd hand e90 325i and the car feels very responsive. how do i check if there are any piggy back or sprint booster installed without going to a mechanic?

Re: Piggy Back

fatassdudeass;910142 said:
Hi guys,

i have just gotten a 2nd hand e90 325i and the car feels very responsive. how do i check if there are any piggy back or sprint booster installed without going to a mechanic?

could it be a 3L block instead???

* what were you driving previously???
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;910145 said:
could it be a 3L block instead???

* what were you driving previously???
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

was driving a e60 520i.

are they supposed to be really different in terms of responsiveness?

fatassdudeass;910148 said:
was driving a e60 520i.

are they supposed to be really different in terms of responsiveness?

E60 520i......4cyc or the 2,2L ( M54 block )?

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

i think becos it is a 2.5 litre and has 6 cyclinder..SART

ac323;910150 said:
E60 520i......4cyc or the 2,2L ( M54 block )?

4cyl 2.0L lor

do u know whats the common fuel consumption for 325i? im going at 8.0km/l currently

wah...whats your tyre size?
i think i managed to push mine to 6.5km/l only..lol

fatassdudeass;910155 said:
4cyl 2.0L lor

do u know whats the common fuel consumption for 325i? im going at 8.0km/l currently

4cyc 2L vs 6cyc 2.5L sure got different........
oh for FC i think Kevinbmw maybe can help........................

kevinbmw;910158 said:
wah...whats your tyre size?
i think i managed to push mine to 6.5km/l only..lol

225/40/18 for both. the rear look like too small for bmw uh.

woah ur tyres must be huge man

no leh...my profile same as yours. Maybe your rims make a difference? What rims?
Mine stock rims and not on run flat...

Anyway, you shouldnt complain if it is responsive and better FC...lol...I thought my 6.5km/l already v good liao...haha..guess i need to improve and add more light weight stuff..Perhaps my vehicle is heavier...or I AM heavier?? HAHA!

Did you send your car in for checks before buying it?

kevinbmw;910168 said:
no leh...my profile same as yours. Maybe your rims make a difference? What rims?
Mine stock rims and not on run flat...

Anyway, you shouldnt complain if it is responsive and better FC...lol...I thought my 6.5km/l already v good liao...haha..guess i need to improve and add more light weight stuff..Perhaps my vehicle is heavier...or I AM heavier?? HAHA!

Did you send your car in for checks before buying it?

moreover you are always picking up mei mei for a spin.............

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Piggy Back

I'm getting ard 7-8km/l for my 325 too. 235/40/18 non RFT.

You might wanna check if you have a powerbox installed.

Insert key fob, turn on ignition and make sure all lights on speedo turn on, speed on accelerator for 4 seconds and more. After that depress brakes and start car. This will reset powerbox to disable throttle mapping.

If your car drives in a less responsive way after that, cfm u have a powerbox installed.

mine some ugly aftermarket rims, look like AC Schnitzer Type IV forged rims. but i think fake one la.

i bought the car arnd july, nvr go for checks before buying. then after driving for afew weeks, the car got shake and stall occasionally. during that time, the FC was 6.9km/l. so i went for many rounds of repairs until one day found out that cam timing wrong. so change cam timing then the problem like no more alrd and the FC go to 8.0km/l.

hellrace;910173 said:
I'm getting ard 7-8km/l for my 325 too. 235/40/18 non RFT.

You might wanna check if you have a powerbox installed.

Insert key fob, turn on ignition and make sure all lights on speedo turn on, speed on accelerator for 4 seconds and more. After that depress brakes and start car. This will reset powerbox to disable throttle mapping.

If your car drives in a less responsive way after that, cfm u have a powerbox installed.

yeah i tried that method alrd and to me it felt abit less responsive. but it might just be that i try too hard to feel for it. so im like looking for a sure proof method to check for it.

fatassdudeass;910174 said:
mine some ugly aftermarket rims, look likee on AC Schnitzer Type IV forged rims. but i think fake la.

i bought the car arnd july, nvr go for checks before buying. then after driving for afew weeks, the car got shake and stall occasionally. during that time, the FC was 6.9km/l. so i went for many rounds of repairs until one day found out that cam timing wrong. so change cam timing then the problem like no more alrd and the FC go to 8.0km/l.

sounded like C3PO's rims previously..

sensitive....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

ac323;910178 said:
sounded like C3PO's rims previously..

sensitive....
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

lol no offence, but i think it would look good when maintained, mine bua until cmi alrd. somemore the AC logo look damn faded, almost cannot see.

fatassdudeass;910174 said:
mine some ugly aftermarket rims, look like AC Schnitzer Type IV forged rims. but i think fake one la.

If your car got stall then it may be a real problem, the only auto car that I've driven and stalled are those not maintained cars :eek:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhatvipdate

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back