Planning to buy my first BMW

Fazly

Hi,

Im planning on buying a second hand BMW 523i. It will be about 7 years old.

Im not sure what to look out for to know if the car has any issues or not.
Is there any mechanic/ workshop that i can send the car to before buying it. Also, for a 7 years old, what are the kind of damage that I should be looking at? How expensive are the parts to change in case if i need to during the last 3 years. I was advised by many people on why i shouldnt buy a bmw. Too many problems apparently..

Could anyone please advise?

Hi,

Im planning on buying a second hand BMW 523i. It will be about 7 years old.

Im not sure what to look out for to know if the car has any issues or not.
Is there any mechanic/ workshop that i can send the car to before buying it. Also, for a 7 years old, what are the kind of damage that I should be looking at? How expensive are the parts to change in case if i need to during the last 3 years. I was advised by many people on why i shouldnt buy a bmw. Too many problems apparently..

Could anyone please advise?

Hi Fazly,

most older cars ( other brands are included not just BMWs ) bound to have some wear and tear parts need to change etc....but of course really depends on the previous owner maintenance too.....

is best to send to a workshop to do a check before you make the purchase

happy searching..
cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Hi ac323,

Hope you can give me some pointer and advice.
I went to survey a few BMW 5 F10- Left with 3 yrs or slight more.
Depreciation is more or less the same for all of them.

Question:
523i or 520i: Which would be a better choice in term of reliability?
What are a kind of mileage I should be looking at? I found this car- 60k- left with 36 mths- Mileage- 139,000Km. This is a bit too high right?

thank you for your time.
Cheers,

Fazly

Hi ac323,

Hope you can give me some pointer and advice.
I went to survey a few BMW 5 F10- Left with 3 yrs or slight more.
Depreciation is more or less the same for all of them.

Question:
523i or 520i: Which would be a better choice in term of reliability?
What are a kind of mileage I should be looking at? I found this car- 60k- left with 36 mths- Mileage- 139,000Km. This is a bit too high right?

thank you for your time.
Cheers,

Fazly

Hi Fazly,

mileage is quite normal...per year 20000km...there about
i will go with the 523i ( 6 cyc is a better choice )

try to get a younger car so chances of lower mileage will be higher

cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers

Mileage is not really an issue if the previous/current owner has taken good care of the ride with on-time maintenance and changing of worn parts. Some are better condition than low mileage (near 100K) but the owner still let all the usual leaks/worn out stuff to continue sitting under the hood.

Look out for number of owners as well. If the number is high, probably the previous set of owners are those beemer wannabees who probably wants to *own* the badge just for the experience a year or 2.

Go for the 523i. I regretted not going for it when I had the chance even though the dep was just a few hundred higher. I just didn't want my car to be higher eng capacity than my boss car!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ee88hair
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back