plastic rubbin noise

CKY

Hi
Plastic rubbin noise from dashboard while driving .
couldnt find a solution !
Any clue?
Thanks

Re: plastic rubbin noise

Actually, that's a good news. It shows that BMW chassis is stiff & safe.

CKY;943846 said:
Hi
Plastic rubbin noise from dashboard while driving .
couldnt find a solution !
Any clue?
Thanks

is it from the A-pillars plastic cover?
stick something proper at the bottom between that plastic and the dashboard to stop it from vibrating and apply some Krytox.
did that to mine and no more noise :chinese:

Lorinser;944047 said:
stick something proper at the bottom between that plastic and the dashboard to stop it from vibrating and apply some Krytox.

Hi, the sound is liked from the steering column. At first, i thought it could be the steering column fault but it didnt turn out that way as when car is stationary and turned the steering left to right, no noise is heard. Once after i drive off especially going down slope or slight uneven road, the noise surfaces again...

Googled and found one as what you have said "A pillar plastic cover" Remedy action: Insert a thin rubber stopper and noise is gone..I will try in later in the evening.

TQ

I used Krytox on my car, and it is really good. It eliminated the creaking noises from the interior.

CKY;944059 said:
Hi, the sound is liked from the steering column. At first, i thought it could be the steering column fault but it didnt turn out that way as when car is stationary and turned the steering left to right, no noise is heard. Once after i drive off especially going down slope or slight uneven road, the noise surfaces again...

Googled and found one as what you have said "A pillar plastic cover" Remedy action: Insert a thin rubber stopper and noise is gone..I will try in later in the evening.

TQ

The usual suspect "A" strut bar lossen....Problem solved by Rod...

Thanks Rod

Last edited by a moderator:

is a rubber coating in spray can...go to google to check this product. As i am selling

CKY;945294 said:
The usual suspect "A" strut bar lossen....Problem solved by Rod...

Thanks Rod

I have that same issue! But have been unable to locate that creak le.... sounds like it is coming from steering column.

I have helped many bros solved their interior creaks, apply magic white cream behind the steering touching the plastic column.
hymth;973258 said:
I have that same issue! But have been unable to locate that creak le.... sounds like it is coming from steering column.

gerries;973348 said:
I have helped many bros solved their interior creaks, apply magic white cream behind the steering touching the plastic column.

Hmmm... let me try that out... Thanks!

Lorinser;944047 said:

I have exact same noise and its so irritating and intermittent on some uneven road and I thought the noise came from the front centre aircon vent or the HU ( I had mine retrofitted with aftermarket). However the MAIN real cause is actually the gap between the left A-pillar cover meeting the dashboard area. I use the typical medium size tie-wrap, snip off the "locking portion" and it should fit very nicely into that slot, use a credit card to push the tie-wrap nicely into the slot and your dashboard creaking noise is gone!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Personalizedgiftsforu

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back