PML engine oil for Z4 2.5si

motorknut

anybody know what engine oil PML uses for the above model? i'm guessing the valvetronic E90 325s and E60 525s would use the same oil too? My manual doesn't seem to state the recommended oil weight. I am thinking of bringing my own oil, but afraid if there's a mismatch in oil weight, they'll find reason to void my warranty.

i tried asking a CSA, he gave me a totally useless answer.

Re: PML engine oil for Z4 2.5si

motorknut;398654 said:
anybody know what engine oil PML uses for the above model? i'm guessing the valvetronic E90 325s and E60 525s would use the same oil too? My manual doesn't seem to state the recommended oil weight. I am thinking of bringing my own oil, but afraid if there's a mismatch in oil weight, they'll find reason to void my warranty.

i tried asking a CSA, he gave me a totally useless answer.

hi dude,
pml use castrol the vacosity i try to find my recent inv see if they got state. my ride same as your and it use 6.5litre of engine oil. but i think if u want to buy your own oil then can just go outside to do. actually pml oil is not expensive is the labour that is. last 2 week i went for oil change only ttl cost sgd300.88.

thanks for the help so far guys.

hellboyII: if you could let me knw what your invoice says, i'd be v grateful. i will probably just go to PML and let them check out some other stuff on my car. Agreed, they don't over charge on oil, but labour is relatively higher.

Ironically PML always charges me for 6.5L oil exact but Juzz4cars will insist they use (and charge for) 7L on the 6cylinder engines - till now i dunno where the extra 0.5L went. maybe they dip the oil filter or something? :confused: cos when i go BVO they always return me the half litre of oil when i bring 7L.

OT a bit. If both same with 0W-40, is Castrol Edge better or Mobil One better. Mobil One cost a bit more, so more means better?

hi beng,
haha nv really care much for engine oil now since its N/A car. as long as fully syn can liaoz. but your diff coz turbo (ur is 335 right) turbo car can eat up engine oil. last time my evo i check my dip once every 2 weeks.... to ensure the engine oil level is at normal..

I am a believer that there is no such thing as free lunch. Everything is worth its $ and cents and there are reasons why certains things including cars are priced differently. Geylang included :)

So that fact that Mobil One 0W-40 cost more I wonder if it was better than Castrol Edge 0W-40. Last time I had Mobil One, the engine sounded quieter. Now I am on castrol, I find engine louder(less lubrication?).

Ahbengdriver;398834 said:
I am a believer that there is no such thing as free lunch. Everything is worth its $ and cents and there are reasons why certains things including cars are priced differently. Geylang included :)

So that fact that Mobil One 0W-40 cost more I wonder if it was better than Castrol Edge 0W-40. Last time I had Mobil One, the engine sounded quieter. Now I am on castrol, I find engine louder(less lubrication?).

Sex is most enjoyed when it is noisy. So which is betteR?

Depends on what noise. Why u think they make KY Jelly?

Ahbengdriver;398834 said:

i'm deciding b/w the 2 as well, assuming PML uses EDGE 0W-40. but is mobil 1 really more ex? mxtradings sells 1 quart at $13.50. (7 quarts approx 6.6L)

i was trying to compare tech sheets but castrol's tech data sheets are all over the plc. can't find 2 sheets with the same data, and that's disturbing to me. but seems castrol edge is LL-04 while Mobil 1 is LL-01.

i'd b interested to see which oil burns off more easily in the engine (assuming a link to the oil flash point). My car was just run in, and already oil mark has dropped one notch on my dash.

elmariachi;398836 said:
Sex is most enjoyed when it is noisy. So which is betteR?

Hahhahah.......:laughing: Good one!!!!!! Rubbish!!!!!!!!:nehnehhh:

it seems PML is using 0W-30 oil. Castrol SLX. Didn't know castrol still had this. i don't recall this oil being used in the M54 engines, i thought it was used in the e90 320s. maybe its used for the six cylinder valvtronic N52s as well.

bro i think no need to get to technical on this as long as you are servicing with PML right? unless you are not happy with the service there or really must use another type of oil then perhaps you can look for other workshop outside and supply your own oil. sometimes which engine oil to use is alot of hear say. and i think even some of the tests are bias. i use elf excelium quite a fair bit and also motul. one niggling thought that i always have (be it any agent) is that even if you bring the mechanics your engine oil, you wouldnt know whether that the oil they put in. at least outside you can stand there and see them do it.

motorknut;404587 said:
it seems PML is using 0W-30 oil. Castrol SLX. Didn't know castrol still had this. i don't recall this oil being used in the M54 engines, i thought it was used in the e90 320s. maybe its used for the six cylinder valvtronic N52s as well.

Black GT;404844 said:
bro i think no need to get to technical on this as long as you are servicing with PML right? unless you are not happy with the service there or really must use another type of oil then perhaps you can look for other workshop outside and supply your own oil. sometimes which engine oil to use is alot of hear say. and i think even some of the tests are bias. i use elf excelium quite a fair bit and also motul. one niggling thought that i always have (be it any agent) is that even if you bring the mechanics your engine oil, you wouldnt know whether that the oil they put in. at least outside you can stand there and see them do it.

in a way, yes, as long as PML, i got no worries on warranty etc since all done by them. But I guess i'm just more keen to know what they are using etc. Cos PML allows you to bring your own oil for servicing as long as meets BMW Longlife oil spec. So I have thought of using other brands. Plus, I'm not sure their SLX is better than the other available LL-01 oils. My experience with previous rides is engine cylinders got problem. sometimes i wonder if the engine oil played a part.

i think for PML i won't worry about them not using the oil I bring. Cos their Castrol SLX charge about SGD30/L. outside, mobil 1 0W-40 can buy for SGD13.50/quart!!! Instead, they will lugi if switch my oil! :lol2:

World Games

Call Verification will be neededwow goldfor Purchases. After payment is verifiedwow gold, orders will be delivered within 2-24wow goldhours of purchase. Please feel free to contact our customerwow goldservice via our live chat system. Also, we willwow goldcontact you by phone , email and live chat to arrange the delivery.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohit305
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back