PML or PI

0oAo0

Hi,

I really really like the new 5'er-F10. But price diff between PML and PI is a whopping 30K diff!!
I know PML will give me piece of mind although my buddy is always complaining on PML's service center.

can anyone share your opinion on risk of buying a new F10 thru PI?

Re: PML or PI

0oAo0;542888 said:
Hi,

I really really like the new 5'er-F10. But price diff between PML and PI is a whopping 30K diff!!
I know PML will give me piece of mind although my buddy is always complaining on PML's service center.

can anyone share your opinion on risk of buying a new F10 thru PI?

wow, 30k difference ( 30k can do alot of mods )..........so long PI spec is same same as PML.......just check, and check and double, triple check that the PI can promise and deliver the car to you on time.....(ask them write black & white, delay one day make them give 1 percent discount by day)

most of the time PI sure can deliver the only thing is the deilivery date............

other than that no issue with PI at all.....

go for it

cheers

personally i drive a pi car, but to me the rule of the thumb is only buy a PI car of a model that is at least 1-2yrs in the market. 1st year usually lots of small issues may be present that need AD to resolve.

ac323 and Daiblo,

Thanks for your inputs.
Good pointer on buying newly launched car. My next question will then be which/what type of pi might have higher chance of servicing the F10?

PML's F10 is not avail for plublic viewing yet. So it might be tough for me to compare its options. PML's OMV for F10 basic is 40k+! It actually make it even more tempting for me to find out.

Can PI warranty claim to BMW directly? In C&C, you need to pay $500 in-order to go through them.

So, below are things i should check and compares, please feel free to add on:-

* Committed Delivery Date
* Workshop
* Warranty
* OMV
* Options

Is the price diiference of 30K based on list prices? It may not reflect the real difference especially if you have a car (any brand/model will do) for trade-in. Most SEs will give you the official line that prices are fixed but there is actually room for negotiation. A colleague of mine just bought a new PML car with a huge overtrade. Based on current prices and COE, AD has more than 50k margin to play with and with current market downtrend and competition, prices will be softer if they are keen to enlarge their market share. They have a good chance to be the no.1 luxury car brand this year if they try. It may be worthwhile to ask around.

ktnpl;542946 said:
Is the price diiference of 30K based on list prices? It may not reflect the real difference especially if you have a car (any brand/model will do) for trade-in. Most SEs will give you the official line that prices are fixed but there is actually room for negotiation. A colleague of mine just bought a new PML car with a huge overtrade. Based on current prices and COE, AD has more than 50k margin to play with and with current market downtrend and competition, prices will be softer if they are keen to enlarge their market share. They have a good chance to be the no.1 luxury car brand this year if they try. It may be worthwhile to ask around.

+1..... typically, PML gives you the list price, while PI gives you the best price with all T&Cs, high loans....etc.

i am driving a PI car as well...its cheaper than PML and i get to mod anyway i want....asked the service centre and they are much much more flexible than PML
my last car was from PML and i hate their service...which is mainly why i did not buy from them...

The disadvantage of getting from PI for me would be the low low OMV...usually its much much lower than PML...so if i am gonna drive it for 10 years..then i guess its okie..but if i am gonna change car every 2-3 years i guess PML gives me better resale?

Prices from PI are roughly all about the same...at least thats what i got when i asked around...so get from the most reputable PI :)

and prepare yourself for delays ... so that you are not stress up
you can dig up a lot of posts here complaining PI promise to deliver the car and then delay for weeks/months

Last edited by a moderator:

ability to rectify faults in the new F10 would be my main concern.

0oAo0;542932 said:
ac323 and Daiblo,

PML's OMV for F10 basic is 40k+! It actually make it even more tempting for me to find out.

wow....OMV < $40k? may be worse with the weakening euro.....

Alexxx;542950 said:
i am driving a PI car as well...its cheaper than PML and i get to mod anyway i want....asked the service centre and they are much much more flexible than PML
my last car was from PML and i hate their service...which is mainly why i did not buy from them...

The disadvantage of getting from PI for me would be the low low OMV...usually its much much lower than PML...so if i am gonna drive it for 10 years..then i guess its okie..but if i am gonna change car every 2-3 years i guess PML gives me better resale?

Prices from PI are roughly all about the same...at least thats what i got when i asked around...so get from the most reputable PI :)

Seeing the rate at how PMLs serivce suck to the core, I would recommend anyone to get from a reputable PI. Not only will they tie up with a workshop that is more competant than PML, they also wont utter nonsense like "Everything's normal" when there is a problem with the car. Having gone thru 2 PML cars, if I ever considered the BMW brand again, it would be PI. I am sick of PMLs retarded excuses on their incompetent service and neglecting of problems with the cars to blame every other thing from airfilter to exhaust systems for a problem even remotely related to the underlying problem. There are some forummers who have went the PI route and are very happy so far.

There are more than enough competent workshops out there to service your vehicle. I went the "PI" route. Have no warranty whatsoever and I'm still very happy with my car.

once the car is landed, things should be fine
the hardest part is to find a PI who can deliver on their promises
my heart goes with PI for my next bimmer (if it happen) so that i can spec it up to my needs and don't have to listen to pml - that's normal

First batch of any cars, expect cockups, PML or PI.

The gist is in the

(1) savings (gotta compare selling price/OMV ratios, vs PML and across reputable PIs)
(2) specs and options
(3) aftermarket servicing. Nowadays, the likes of BVO, Boss, J4C are on many PI's panels, so not a major concern anymore.

Kudos to satinGHOSTr!der for an objective view. Most drivers dare not stand up against AD for fear of negative repercussions.

wt_know;543978 said:
once the car is landed, things should be fine
the hardest part is to find a PI who can deliver on their promises
my heart goes with PI for my next bimmer (if it happen) so that i can spec it up to my needs and don't have to listen to pml - that's normal for your car problem

Yeah the "Everything is normal" is a standard issue line preached to all staff in PML to all customers cars within the warranty period. Immediately after the warranty period, as much as 1 min over the warranty period, the line would change "Sir, you have to change this and that and also this and that and you know this one also, bla bla bla bla....."

Just to share a few encounters, I had a friend who sent a 7 series to PML Alexandra showroom and he left his car there cause he was travelling. He said there was something wrong with the brake pads and they said they have to change it. So he said ok, pls change it. When he collected the car, paid and drove off, the sound was there. Since he was living near the east, he went to Kg. Arang to double check the problem and they informed him the brake pads are already gone and almost metal-metal contact. Imagine you paid for something to be changed and the own dealer screws your ass thinking you are dumb and makes you pay for it when it was never changed. This is massively unethical and uncouth for even an Authorised Dealer to do such a thing.

The second encounter is what I heard some time back where PML service technicians raced customers cars and ended up crashing it. I heard they covered it up by offering the customer a new car. Scary ? You bet. You never know if new problems in the cars could be because of such technicians taking the cars on joy rides.

Nothing beats the feeling of sending the car to an external workshop competent like BVO or Boss Motorsports to see your car being worked on in a very professional manner and in more than half time PML takes. Oh and did you see the number of young pinoys working in PML ? They dont look too professional in my honest opinion but just cheap labour with a kickass repair bill to customers as though some German worked on your car. Priceless.This is the exact reason why there is more Audis on the road now because they place more importance on their after-sales than just selling cars. And it is quite obvious isnt it? With a big ass showroom PML has, it is an absolute slap to PML for someone like Audi with a simple showroom to generate more cars on the road.

The time for Brand Loyalty in these days here dont count much. PML should wake up from this mentality as they appear to be living in a sugar coated world.

I saw the F10 in PML. Then i call a PI on their advertised pricing. I dont think its 30K cheaper now..he keep insisting i take a high loan and there are different interest rate which really confused me.

When i ask about the spec, omv and delivery, its all "should be this, should be that..." i gave up.

i feel you ... the biggest hurdle is to find a PI (a person) who is knowledgeable, helpful and with integrity to furnish you the information so that you can make an informed decision

0oAo0;544014 said:
I saw the F10 in PML. Then i call a PI on their advertised pricing. I dont think its 30K cheaper now..he keep insisting i take a high loan and there are different interest rate which really confused me.

When i ask about the spec, omv and delivery, its all "should be this, should be that..." i gave up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetgenin

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back