Pml refused to upgrade my gear transmission software

rich1199

Hi,jus sended my car to pml yesterday to update the gear software but was reject due to installed of tv tunner & dvd player using multimedia interface as they claim,dont know wat will happen if update..... my car is 06'E60...currently my baby still at pml..any sugguestion??should i die die ask them to update....???Help Help Help...

Re: Pml refused to upgrade my gear transmission software

it's like that one la ... once you touch your HU ... they will choot pattern one

1. temporary dekit then re-install

2. might as well do the re-programming at outside workshop. check with BOSS or BVO ... i think they can offer re-programming for E60 (but not F10, too new and i heard now getting tighter control)

Why do you need to upgrade the gear transmission software? Jerky transmission or error codes? Normally, PML will not meddle with the software unless they find a fault themselves.

rich1199;659308 said:
Hi,jus sended my car to pml yesterday to update the gear software but was reject due to installed of tv tunner & dvd player using multimedia interface as they claim,dont know wat will happen if update..... my car is 06'E60...currently my baby still at pml..any sugguestion??should i die die ask them to update....???Help Help Help...

I would rather seek advise & assistance from reliable outside workshop rather than PML since warranty already over..

Money / down time / service wins PML anytime. (my nee jiam)

Cheers ~~ :)

Tks all bros...will collect my vehicle & send to BVO for upgrade transmission...Cheers!

pengful;659395 said:
Why do you need to upgrade the gear transmission software? Jerky transmission or error codes? Normally, PML will not meddle with the software unless they find a fault themselves.

I heard about this too. What I gathered from the SA is software upgrading is a very risking process, there are chances that the car might have hardware/software conflicts aft the software upgrade and the car fail to work properly... PML will not even consider software upgrade unless it is VERY VERY VERY necessary ...

rich1199;659308 said:

Im currently driving an 06 E60 too. Anything abnormal about your transmission?

hi,
actually my gear transmission is jerky when up gear from 1st to 2nd & alittle from 2nd to 3rd using 'D' model...... but when using 'DS' or 'manual" the jerk is the MOST horrible+ terrible ....any bros encounter it b4????E60/06 model..

i will suggest you do a atf oil change first before you upgrade the s/w....

tomace;659466 said:
I would rather seek advise & assistance from reliable outside workshop rather than PML since warranty already over..

Money / down time / service wins PML anytime. (my nee jiam)

The thought of you have to wait wait and wait due to long q always makes me feel where is the "premium" service I should get. This always happen to AD cars.

Imagine going to priority Q in a bank and the common Q move faster.

ipoh-horfun;659619 said:
The thought of you have to wait wait and wait due to long q always makes me feel where is the "premium" service I should get. This always happen to AD cars.

sperm bank consperm got no queue.

ipoh-horfun;659619 said:

Totally agree ~~

Tats y I always go there early (with appt made) so at least I will b serve @ e appt time made (or ealier) :)

Anyway, PA services better / more knowledgable (my nee jiam)

rich1199;659552 said:
hi,
actually my gear transmission is jerky when up gear from 1st to 2nd & alittle from 2nd to 3rd using 'D' model...... but when using 'DS' or 'manual" the jerk is the MOST horrible+ terrible ....any bros encounter it b4????E60/06 model..

I was having a little bit of a jerky ride but I don't think it's the transmission. Kind of like the 'hesitation' problems I've read in other forums. Someone suggested it's a fuel/air mix problem, rather than a transmission problem. Does that sound like what you are experiencing?

Anyway, I sent my car to my mechanic and they did something, reset or upgrade the software, not sure what, and the problem was gone for a while. Then slowly, I feel it's back but it's very minor now.

rich1199;659552 said:
hi,
BMW don't start from 1 lah.

I had change ATF oil,spark plug,engine oil etc....but still the same,went to 2 of the site sponsor,told them my problem but they doesnt want to updated software for me as they claim tat will affect other program same as PML...finally went to BVO n after 10mins drive by mr wee with disgnose/program kit...my car transmission is PERFECT....no more jerk anymore....3 cheers for BVO..

rich1199;662190 said:
I had change ATF oil,spark plug,engine oil etc....but still the same,went to 2 of the site sponsor,told them my problem but they doesnt want to updated software for me as they claim tat will affect other program same as PML...finally went to BVO n after 10mins drive by mr wee with disgnose/program kit...my car transmission is PERFECT....no more jerk anymore....3 cheers for BVO..

It looks like Ah Wee just clears out and reset whatever errors you may have. That's all. I do admit that clearing out errors sometimes helps.

the is the 3rd time i heard BVO solve the 'notorious' jerky problem where all other fails :thumbsup:
so at the end, did bvo update the software or no?

rich1199;662190 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

Too happy,when done...Didnt realli ask,wat he actually do...jus saw he toke along the square disgnose/program kit n as he drive,he jus touch on the screen doing setting/reset....cheers.....

ok. if 'm not mistaken, that's called 're-programming' in general. i think ah wee change some parameters :)

rich1199;662198 said:
Too happy,when done...Didnt realli ask,wat he actually do...jus saw he toke along the square disgnose/program kit n as he drive,he jus touch on the screen doing setting/reset....cheers.....

Ah Wee, love that guy. Pleasant and helpful. If only all mechanics are like him :) PML sucks when it comes to servicing and repair. My last experience with them on my 135i convinced me to go the PI route. The $ saved would more than make up for any "Dealer" support. It took all of 1.5 years and around 8 visits for them to finally fix the comfort access problem. The irony of it was that by the time it was fixed, i sold the car. For the margin they are making on the cars they sell, they certainly are dishing out some crappy service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet52com
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back