PML Servicing Charges

vngooi

Hi All,

Any of our Bros/Sis feedback and/or comments on the servicing charges by PML for such items?

1. Vehicle check for mileage of 50,000 km = $88.
Comment - SE informed that this is mandatory at this mileage and apparently, involves the service "computer" - have no idea what is this??

2. Brake Fluid Service = $44
Comment - SE informed that have to top-up 1 litre - cost separately at $17+ for 1 litre. I assume I am charged for the service of opening up the cap, and the effort of pouring in the brake fluid...? what else is done?

3. Silencer Service = $44
Comment - this is for replacing the new air filter element....which I provided

BTW, serviced at PML as car is still under warrantry .....
Any other views/comment anyone?

Re: PML Servicing Charges

sounds very reasonable for 50k mileage. i paid 280 for my 10k service.

brake fluid top up is mandatory esp when urs has ran 50k

involving computer is merely a diagnostics check to see that there r no issues with the car.

are there any other hidden costs? else i reckon u shld be fine.

Hi vngooi,

yes your package sounds reasonable..........

cheers

Slater said:
sounds very reasonable for 50k mileage. i paid 280 for my 10k service.

brake fluid top up is mandatory esp when urs has ran 50k

involving computer is merely a diagnostics check to see that there r no issues with the car.

are there any other hidden costs? else i reckon u shld be fine.

ac323;484999 said:
Hi vngooi,

yes your package sounds reasonable..........

cheers

Thanks ac323 and Slater for feedback.

My opinion is that labour charges seem high for the work invloved - for some items, is it still worth the while for PML to service? - charges for "plugging" in computer to check is a separate line item (this one maybe "boh pian"- since only (?) PML got the diagnostic computer). There was another item called "Service Scope - cost $22". So still don't know why 2 different charges.

Perhaps, DIY is the way to go, opening cap and filling up brake fluid does not seem difficult (anything here i am missing?) and opening to change air filter also seems easy enough.....perhaps any of Bros/Sis can provide link for DIY for the air filter change and brake fluid change for the 320i e90?

vngooi;485032 said:

My opinion is that labour charges seem high for the work invloved - for some items, is it still worth the while for PML to service? - charges for "plugging" in computer to check is a separate line item (this one maybe "boh pian"- since only (?) PML got the diagnostic computer). There was another item called "Service Scope - cost $22". So still don't know why 2 different charges.

Perhaps, DIY is the way to go, opening cap and filling up brake fluid does not seem difficult (anything here i am missing?) and opening to change air filter also seems easy enough.....perhaps any of Bros/Sis can provide link for DIY for the air filter change and brake fluid change for the 320i e90?
but why go through the hassle? wait something not done correctly on ur part then cause more issues and grief.

Frankly, we have to help defray the costs of : the directors, the managers, staffs in PML and not forgetting help in paying for the costs of rental at the three locations:) if one wants to keep your warrant on...

Slater;485053 said:
but why go through the hassle? wait something not done correctly on ur part then cause more issues and grieve.

Ah Lian;485057 said:
Frankly, we have to help defray the costs of : the directors, the managers, staffs in PML and not forgetting help in paying for the costs of rental at the three locations:) if one wants to keep your warrant on...
the charges r hardly exorbitant. else might be better going elsewhere.

Slater;485060 said:
but why go through the hassle? wait something not done correctly on ur part then cause more issues and grieve.

Ah Lian said:
Frankly, we have to help defray the costs of : the directors, the managers, staffs in PML and not forgetting help in paying for the costs of rental at the three locations if one wants to keep your warrant on...

Slater;485060 said:
the charges r hardly exorbitant. else might be better going elsewhere.

...I guess that's the cost of an authorised agent warranty....I wonder how much our Bros/Sis pay for their servicing for non-PML imported cars....anyone from this sector like to contribute?

I agree with Slater and ac323 that the price is reasonable. I did my brake fluid service (it requires a special machine to suck up the existing brake fluid) at Autobaccs at around the same price. Autobaccs charges $80 for computer reset.

vngooi, mai stinge liao la. go fer it ;)

Hi vngooi,

Seems like we have no choice if the car's still under PML warranty.....going back to PML for the general servicing will let us enjoy F.O.C. replacement of parts under warranty when diagnosed by their computer with defective code appearing on their screen (same as what happened to my replacement of valtronic motor when their computer diagnosed it with error code).....

vngooi;485032 said:

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back