PML solved one problem but gave me a new one

Ahbengdriver

Legendary 10 Years
My front passenger door did not unlock when I use the key fob. Sent it in to PML and as usual they took from 9am to 5pm to solve once simple problem which they claim can be easily done. Done as it was, I collected my car and drove off only to realise that the usual auto door locking which takes place after driving for 200m does not happen anymore.

Is this a new BMW concept as in new cars do not lock their doors automatically after 200m of driving? Well if it is at least tell me. NNB...I am gonna shoot one nasty letter to SR if they are gonna tell me I have to leave the car there again for another day. :furious: :(

Re: PML solved one problem but gave me a new one

Ahbengdriver;269146 said:
Is this a new BMW concept as in new cars do not lock their doors automatically after 200m of driving? Well if it is at least tell me. NNB...I am gonna shoot one nasty letter to SR if they are gonna tell me I have to leave the car there again for another day. :furious: :(

I dunno abt new cars but Ah Wee programmed my key for my E46 in less than 5 mins....

If your car has i-Drive, the locking should be controlled from there...

TheNew7;269165 said:
If your car has i-Drive, the locking should be controlled from there...

No i-drive. Wait after my morning meeting with the Beng Clan members I am gonna call them up and give them some Beng treatment over the phone.:evil:

ABD,

I think u can programme it from the OBC.

I sent my car in to PML for software upgrade and they programme it such a way that all door unlock when i press the key. I go into the "SET" menu and adjust it back.

I think the instruction is in the manual :)

OT: Any idea if the idrive allow me to reset default messages? Example I did not install phone on my ride so when i activate the phone function using idrive, some preset message will appear. Can this be changed by myself? End OT :)

Hi,

I think the earlier generation of E90 doesn't have the option to program the door locking nor signal (blink once or 3 times) etc on the OBC. I only knew that these programmable options were available after driving a newer courtesy vehicle.

thanks

piggyboyz;269182 said:
ABD,

I think u can programme it from the OBC.

I sent my car in to PML for software upgrade and they programme it such a way that all door unlock when i press the key. I go into the "SET" menu and adjust it back.

I think the instruction is in the manual :)

Really? My e90 is Feb 2006 car, can programme from OBC ?

Hello Everyone! Since we are discussing on the topic of doors/locks, i would like to share my experience.
My E90 (07/2006) central locking system gave up on me via the remote control.
The usual function:pressing the arrow key once unlocks the driver door, twice, all doors including the rear. Press once on the BMW logo locks everthing up.
No response of any kind when i tried to use the remote @ 10 days ago,so i had to switch to manual(using the key to manually unlock)which i initially thought was due to the batteries. Called the BMW Mobile Service and the end result was a blown fuse (fuse box behind glove box) being changed out,because of a short circuit. According to the technician, its got to do with an actuator on one of the doors so need to send in to PML as this will gradually lead to more problems. Anyway,i sent an email to PML and have been waiting since for a courtesy car for replacement before taking my ride in as god knows how long the repair would take.
So if anyone experience your remote not "talking " to the car this might be the case.

verticalaccess;269252 said:
Hello Everyone! Since we are discussing on the topic of doors/locks, i would like to share my experience.
My E90 (07/2006) central locking system gave up on me via the remote control.
The usual function:pressing the arrow key once unlocks the driver door, twice, all doors including the rear. Press once on the BMW logo locks everthing up.
No response of any kind when i tried to use the remote @ 10 days ago,so i had to switch to manual(using the key to manually unlock)which i initially thought was due to the batteries. Called the BMW Mobile Service and the end result was a blown fuse (fuse box behind glove box) being changed out,because of a short circuit. According to the technician, its got to do with an actuator on one of the doors so need to send in to PML as this will gradually lead to more problems. Anyway,i sent an email to PML and have been waiting since for a courtesy car for replacement before taking my ride in as god knows how long the repair would take.
So if anyone experience your remote not "talking " to the car this might be the case.

I had the same experience the other time with my e90 and it was told the computer chip (dont know if this is the correct terminology) that need to be replaced. Didnt get a courtesy car and need it to be repaired urgently as the fuel "door" cannot be opened and was running low on petrol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vatlieumoi
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back