PML Warranty Limitation

Marcus45

Hi All,

Need some advice and share of experienced from all bros out there with regards to PML Warranty.

Recently, i just sent in my 320i into PML for repair works (Engine oil leakage, Rear Rubber seal drop out, side mirror cracking sound, suspension squeek sound when wet, Central door lock faulty,etc...) alot of problem.. hai...

The car is still under warranty as it approx 2.5 years old.

I was told by the PML service advisor after 2 year, PML warranty is only 80% coverage. PML will not repair those defects or change items with minor such as Rubber seal, squeek suspension, sound from door, etc...) and if you claim there is an engine oil leak and work shop checks proof that there is no engine oil leak, you have to pay $60 dollars fee for it. :mad:

Dont think it is stated in PML warranty, can any advise if you face such treatment before..

Thanks in advance...

Fatcheeks

Re: PML Warranty Limitation

this is suck man.
anyway, i have had a bad experience with my previous jap car too. i think there was a fault (factory defect) in the ICE and i was told the ICE warranty is only for the 1st year. then i argue isn't it is 3 year warranty for factory defect ? then i also realised the 3 years is not for everything. some parts of the car is only covered for 1st year (like the reverse sensor?)

user is always at the disadvantage end :furious:

Marcus45;433033 said:
Hi All,

Need some advice and share of experienced from all bros out there with regards to PML Warranty.

Recently, i just sent in my 320i into PML for repair works (Engine oil leakage, Rear Rubber seal drop out, side mirror cracking sound, suspension squeek sound when wet, Central door lock faulty,etc...) alot of problem.. hai...

The car is still under warranty as it approx 2.5 years old.

I was told by the PML service advisor after 2 year, PML warranty is only 80% coverage. PML will not repair those defects or change items with minor such as Rubber seal, squeek suspension, sound from door, etc...) and if you claim there is an engine oil leak and work shop checks proof that there is no engine oil leak, you have to pay $60 dollars fee for it. :mad:

Dont think it is stated in PML warranty, can any advise if you face such treatment before..

Thanks in advance...

Fatcheeks

If that was what the service advisor told you, show him this (taken from the PML web site). You can also get a copy of this from the workshop shelves:

First and second year

From the date of its first registration, your new car is guaranteed to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24 months with no limitation on the distance covered in that period. Remedial work under warranty must be carried out at a BMW Authorized Dealer. Parts for which replacements are made become the property of the manufacturer. This warranty is not affected by any change of ownership and is valid throughout the world.

Third year

The third year of the warranty on your new car is provided specifically by Performance Motors. Whilst the scope of what is covered by the warranty is similar to that of the original manufacturer’s warranty, it is limited to a maximum distance of 100,000 km or up to 3 years, whichever is sooner. This warranty is only valid within Singapore and Peninsular Malaysia (terms and conditions apply) and is also conditional upon the car having a complete service history with Performance Motors. All replaced parts become the property of Performance Motors. This warranty is unaffected by any change in ownership.

The following are service items or components that may require periodic replacement or adjustment as a normal part of motoring wear and tear. As such they are not covered by the warranty unless required as part of a valid claim on an associated component.

Consumables such as spark plugs, lubricants and fluids, brake pads and linings, brake discs and drums, manual clutch assemblies, auto gearbox clutch lining, seals and gaskets, exhaust mufflers, absorbers, strut inserts/cartridges, all bushing rubber/ plastic/nylon hoses, rubber bellows, dust covers, tyres, belting, belt tensioner, bulbs and fuses, weather strips and rubber run channels, rubber mountings, ball joints, universal joints, electrical connectors, trimming, upholstery and cosmetic finishes, wiper blades and arms, glass, all fasteners, cleaning and adjustment of any component, deterioration of surfaces and materials due to natural elements and usage. Damage to components causedby accident or wilful neglect is not covered.

Only if your claim happens to fall within the items in the last paragraph, then it won't be covered, regardless of whether it's the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year.

We all know that the warranty from PML is more a joke than anything else.

Just to share another experience. Recently i sent my car in for a normal servicing. They told me that there are some oil leak, they will replace the seals FOC since it is under warranty.

Then they charge me for the cleaning up of the oil because of the leak! My agrument to them is that the oil stain is cause by a defect in their product. They shoudl absorb the cost, since it is a direct result of the defect.

They refused! i didn't want to make a scene coz the amount is not big, but it shows how much of a joke is their warranty scheme

henry2703;433212 said:

Just to share another experience. Recently i sent my car in for a normal servicing. They told me that there are some oil leak, they will replace the seals FOC since it is under warranty.

Then they charge me for the cleaning up of the oil because of the leak! My agrument to them is that the oil stain is cause by a defect in their product. They shoudl absorb the cost, since it is a direct result of the defect.

They refused! i didn't want to make a scene coz the amount is not big, but it shows how much of a joke is their warranty scheme

This sucks big time man.
Made no sense at all. The stain as
you said is the result of the failure.
Why so we be made to pay for the
mess they created.:mad:

henry2703;433212 said:

WHAT THE F**K !!! :biggun:

Is the market really that bad that even PML also want to earn that little money for cleaning up the oil leak stain ??? Absolutely unacceptable............

Hi,

Thanks for all the sharing...

It is a Good lesson learnt for me. Anyway, push in for all the possible repairs before warranty runs out.

Wrote in my feedback to PML telling them the areas of improvement. I.e. Oil Leak after repair is still leaking, simple Aircon vent is out of stock and need to be imported from Germany, Glue mark after fixing up the rubber seal on the rear wind screen, "tug tug" sound from the driver door after change the door actuator lock by them, etc

Before the 3rd year warranty runs out, did you guys went for any inspection checks to ensure everything is good conditions? I.e. PML or BVO or J4C.

Fatcheeks.

Hi,

Understand from a friend of mine who is in automative industry for a period of time.

When your car is under 2nd year warranty, every labor or parts done by local distributor are claimed back from principal. But if local distributor extend 3rd warranty on their own account, they wouldnt be able to charge back to princpal for simple things like Oil leakage clean up, etc.... Therefore, they are charging us for every little things. Eventhough they are claiming to provide 3rd year warranty like their competitors, they are also trying to minimise their risk exposure.

Fatcheeks.

Hi All,

Newbie need advice: Approaching 2000km, plan to do an oil change.

Now, should I go PML or save some $$ @ 'outside' workshop? Any implication warranty-wise if I do oil change outside? SE says no issue, but that's when he's trying to close the sale, so I'm so sure....

If I only change oil and filter and not reset the service info, will PML be able to tell?

Any advice/recommendation?

Marcus45;433809 said:
Hi,

Understand from a friend of mine who is in automative industry for a period of time.

When your car is under 2nd year warranty, every labor or parts done by local distributor are claimed back from principal. But if local distributor extend 3rd warranty on their own account, they wouldnt be able to charge back to princpal for simple things like Oil leakage clean up, etc.... Therefore, they are charging us for every little things. Eventhough they are claiming to provide 3rd year warranty like their competitors, they are also trying to minimise their risk exposure.

Fatcheeks.

You are right, principle only provides warranty for 24 months. After that, it is at the cost of the distributor, although i have seen some cases where distributor and principle agree on a co-sharing basis.

But whatever agreement they have is not my problem. If you provide warranty on the 25th to 36th month, contractually i have to right to demand that you fulfill that act.

Why nowadays PML like that huh????

Last time other areas were the main source of pain like car get scratched after service lah, things never do properly lah, diagnosis wrong lah, must wait 2 weeks for a bloody seal lah etc etc....but at least from my own experience, never really about the warranty claim costs like what were mentioned above...

In fact, i even got some goodwill stuff claimed without paying a single cent....and my 5 years of owning the E46 since day one when new from PML was quite alright except for some of those nonsense mentioned.....
Most times for me were just wasting time cos gotta go back again for something

Wonder if it's a case of very low margins these days for them and thus leading to all these little petty charges they are imposing on clients....

Charge for clean up of oil stain????? NNB! Unheard of!

But then again, now I wonder......for the price I paid for my E46, how much went into the so-called "goodwill" gestures???

Hahaha! NNB, quite goondu lor!

U guys paid premium for cars bought from PML.....by all means go in & claim watever you can.

Not easy as they'll charge you on other stupid tingy like cleaning oil stains........muahahahaha

Go PI will be much better....buy same spec car for $15~$25k cheaper (depending on models). Do your servicing/maintainence outside.....makes more sense.

So you guys like PML???

Waranty my arse........muahahahahaha

'The Great White'

My car's 3 year warranty will be up this June. PML has advised me to send in my car for a 2 day "full checkup" just before my warranty ends.

Can I check if anyone here has done this before? What is your feedback?

Reading this thread, I am now suspicious if they will do a proper job. Will they take this opportunity to profit for silly charges and even worse... do some patchy cover-up for real defects so that they do not need to properly replace the faulty parts?

Urgent advice required as I have booked my 2-days checkup from tomr! Thanks in advance.

The quoted clause "This warranty is only valid within Singapore and Peninsular Malaysia (terms and conditions apply) and is also conditional upon the car having a complete service history with Performance Motors." (Clause located within the Third Year Warranty)

Does this mean that if, in any point, that we bring our BMW to any other workshops, like BVP, J4C, and etc., for any of the periodical maintenance service within the initial three year, the warranty will be void?

jonsuta;436499 said:
The quoted clause "This warranty is only valid within Singapore and Peninsular Malaysia (terms and conditions apply) and is also conditional upon the car having a complete service history with Performance Motors." (Clause located within the Third Year Warranty)

Does this mean that if, in any point, that we bring our BMW to any other workshops, like BVP, J4C, and etc., for any of the periodical maintenance service within the initial three year, the warranty will be void?

They will know & they will Void your waranty.

Bcos you tell PML that you did it outside & you also did alot of aftermarket mods on your new car.

:chinese:

'The Great White'

Thanks a lot, BRO WIL.

Correction : PML do not know any mods that I DID outside, becaue I haven't DO any mods yet, so I haven't had the chance to TELL PML on what I have DID/DONE outside.

whiskyrum;433208 said:
If that was what the service advisor told you, show him this (taken from the PML web site). You can also get a copy of this from the workshop shelves:

First and second year

From the date of its first registration, your new car is guaranteed to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of 24 months with no limitation on the distance covered in that period. Remedial work under warranty must be carried out at a BMW Authorized Dealer. Parts for which replacements are made become the property of the manufacturer. This warranty is not affected by any change of ownership and is valid throughout the world.

Third year

The third year of the warranty on your new car is provided specifically by Performance Motors. Whilst the scope of what is covered by the warranty is similar to that of the original manufacturer’s warranty, it is limited to a maximum distance of 100,000 km or up to 3 years, whichever is sooner. This warranty is only valid within Singapore and Peninsular Malaysia (terms and conditions apply) and is also conditional upon the car having a complete service history with Performance Motors. All replaced parts become the property of Performance Motors. This warranty is unaffected by any change in ownership.

The following are service items or components that may require periodic replacement or adjustment as a normal part of motoring wear and tear. As such they are not covered by the warranty unless required as part of a valid claim on an associated component.

Consumables such as spark plugs, lubricants and fluids, brake pads and linings, brake discs and drums, manual clutch assemblies, auto gearbox clutch lining, seals and gaskets, exhaust mufflers, absorbers, strut inserts/cartridges, all bushing rubber/ plastic/nylon hoses, rubber bellows, dust covers, tyres, belting, belt tensioner, bulbs and fuses, weather strips and rubber run channels, rubber mountings, ball joints, universal joints, electrical connectors, trimming, upholstery and cosmetic finishes, wiper blades and arms, glass, all fasteners, cleaning and adjustment of any component, deterioration of surfaces and materials due to natural elements and usage. Damage to components causedby accident or wilful neglect is not covered.

Only if your claim happens to fall within the items in the last paragraph, then it won't be covered, regardless of whether it's the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year.
Hi ,

I'm now in here but would like to know i'm thinking of getting a 320i E92 from PI but about the warranty issues i was told that all PI car are registered to PML for warranty is it ture and also i was given 3 warranty area which are TWM, MBM, Starblack. so any bro here can tell me which is better and also about the PML warranty which they say is international warranty.

jonsuta;436569 said:
Thanks a lot, BRO WIL.

Correction : PML do not know any mods that I DID outside, becaue I haven't DO any mods yet, so I haven't had the chance to TELL PML on what I have DID/DONE outside.

Hahahaha, Joking with you lah.

So many brand spanking new PML E9x/E6x bros here all started modding their cars.

From Coilovers to H&R Swaybars to Rims to Exhaust to Velocity.......enjoy the car, enjoy the mods done for improvement.

All their cars are under waranty too, live life to the fullest. Don't worry over PML waran ty issues unless you want to claim on the parts that are directly linked to mods that you did.

Cheers

'The Great White'

MI is the worst with regards to warranty. PML still not that bad.

Hi bro thank for the reply so for warranty as what i got from PI i was told that part can be replace at PML is it correct sorry to trouble you guys. let say engine got problem PI can do it can bring to PML etc..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
manueldevecchicom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back