Police investigating incidents involving cyclist; important to be gracious on roads

Re: Police investigating incidents involving cyclist; important to be gracious on roa

When I see a mad man in the street I just avoid him.. Whats point is trying to wake up a person pretending to sleep...Why not just overtake him? Am I missing something ?

Re: Police investigating incidents involving cyclist; important to be gracious on roa

Are they even allowed on the road?

Lionel89;1045863 said:
Are they even allowed on the road?

RETARD spotted

Now Enforcement blitz targets cyclists.

URL
Enforcement blitz targets cyclists | AsiaOne Ride

Article
Cyclist, beware: Going by a five-day enforcement blitz conducted last month, the authorities are taking errant riders to task.
This came after feedback from the public, including complaints that some cyclists were not obeying traffic-light signals.
The joint operations by the Traffic Police and Land Transport Authority (LTA) saw six cyclists being issued summonses for traffic violations like failing to cycle in an orderly manner.

The authorities also dispensed road-safety advice to 158 cyclists during the operation, which was conducted at various locations around Singapore between Oct 21 and 25.

These riders were advised on proper road behaviour and the importance of obeying traffic rules at all times, a police spokesman told My Paper.

The spokesman added that the operations were undertaken following public feedback on the behaviour of cyclists.
Three Traffic Police and two LTA officers were deployed for each operation, which lasted about nine hours a day.
In the first half of the year, the Traffic Police issued more than 660 summonses to cyclists, said Superintendent Ho Yenn Dar, assistant director of public communications of the Singapore Police Force, in a letter published in The Straits Times in September.
A total of 1,290 cyclists were booked last year, while 1,238 summonses were issued in 2011, according to a report in The Straits Times.

- Adrian Lim | My Paper | Monday, Nov 4, 2013

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kagarccom
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back