Popping Noise fr E60

dru8999

Has anyone experience popping noises from their E60 when driving? The sound is like those little poppers which small kids play with, only more hollow. I have experienced it on my previous 520i and thought the problem would go away when I changed to my current 523i. Shortly after I took delivery, the noise appeared again. Was told by PML to change the brand of petrol I was using (SPC) and the sound went off indeed. Then it came back again last week. Car is at PML now for observation. Also, the OBC started to act up by displaying TRANSMISSION FAULTY msg, had trouble engaging the R gear and the whole car sounded very noisy and was rough to drive. Please advise.

Re: Popping Noise fr E60

Update, 7th Mar: PML called yesterday evening to say that the car is ready for collection. Was advised that there is some communication problem between the transmission and the OBC. PML reset the OBC and also did some road tests on the car and told me to monitor the situation. I then drove the car out of the service centre and before I even reach Fort Road, the same TRAMISSION FAULTY msg came back on again. Called PML and was told to drive back immediately and now I am car-less again.

Hi,

this "popping" problem can be resolved. It has to do with the rubber on the door rim. Sound strange to me but that was what my colleague told me, he had it fixed by PML under warranty. His 523 had that 2 months after taking delivery. My ride is about 3 months old now and I have the same problem too!

Another colleague who has the 520, about a year old now, he too had the same problem, was resolved but now it's got worst! He need to take it in to had the rubber change, again! But beware, it will come back!!

Chris777 said:
Hi,

this "popping" problem can be resolved. It has to do with the rubber on the door rim. Sound strange to me but that was what my colleague told me, he had it fixed by PML under warranty. His 523 had that 2 months after taking delivery. My ride is about 3 months old now and I have the same problem too!

Another colleague who has the 520, about a year old now, he too had the same problem, was resolved but now it's got worst! He need to take it in to had the rubber change, again! But beware, it will come back!!
Doesn't sound logical...OBC detecting problem with door seal and registering "TRANSMISSION FAULT"???
Should be different issues.
Better let the workshop check.

Good Luck!!

Sorry for the late reply but I got my car back 2 days after leaving it at Kg Arang. PML decided to change the entire transmission in my case and some diagnosis. E'thing is back to normal now and I am monitoring the situation. Very happy with the service provided by Jeffery but will surely not missed the Nissan Sunny provided as a courtesy car.

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back