possible to replace original hu

1111bmw

i got a set of pioneer 4150 dvd player , planning to replace the stock one , is it a good idea , or the orginal is better? need advice. thk , new kid on the block

Re: possible to replace original hu

what car... wat model your stock hu? is it biz? prof? logic7?

Last edited by a moderator:

it appears that BMW doesnt have that bracket necessary for aftermarket players..

definitely have to use BMW stock ones..

am i right?

dantito;553265 said:
it appears that BMW doesnt have that bracket necessary for aftermarket players..

definitely have to use BMW stock ones..

am i right?
you're right. bmw doesn't.
aftermarket maker does. model dependant. good installers can easily customise such brackets anyway. not difficult at all.

It can be done. Some installers can even link the aftermarket HU to your steering wheel controls. but specific warranty will be voided.

reply to original post : yes, can be done, despite the double din size. Require a little money and modifications (which sounds more scary than it actually is)

You can even add a new PCB, add video cam for reverse cam and have it display on the OSD.

Is it possible to gather more interest for those who wants to change to aftermarket HU? We can fabricate a bracket to cater for the masses.

Ohhh... in case anyone is keen, I can share the web where they sells interconnect to maintain the steering wheel HU control with the aftermarket HU.

Vagabond;642195 said:
Ohhh... in case anyone is keen, I can share the web where they sells interconnect to maintain the steering wheel HU control with the aftermarket HU.

Can share the website.

Thanks,

Cheers

not a problem at all. PM me if you want to change your stock HU with a dvd player + gps + BT.

Hi, sorry to revive this thread.
Need some advice please....

I'm getting a 325 2009, and am wondering whether i can install those head units from Alpine so that i can charge and play music from my iphone.

What are the brands of head units that i can consider to replace the stock head unit? i just need a nice one that can charge and play iphone, maybe with bluetooth?

Which shops are reliable and recommended?

Much appreciated!

limbs;794524 said:
Hi, sorry to revive this thread.
Need some advice please....

I'm getting a 325 2009, and am wondering whether i can install those head units from Alpine so that i can charge and play music from my iphone.

What are the brands of head units that i can consider to replace the stock head unit? i just need a nice one that can charge and play iphone, maybe with bluetooth?

Which shops are reliable and recommended?

Much appreciated!

For 2009 325i, we suggest you take the original MULF2-HIGH to get the iPhone music and charging port, do not go aftermarket head unit just for this purpose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shbetcomph

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back