Pre-owned 320

chocholic

Hi! Someone offered me a pre-owned less than 1 year E90. But after looking at the car itself i have some questions:

1. Is it normal for the welding work at the side to the doors look as if its "unrefined"; seems like manually made.
2. Engine sound relatvely noisy from outside compared to 5 series.
3. The bonnet feels v hot after short distance drive. Is it normal? I have heard horror stories of overheating....

Can anyone advise? Thanks so much!

Re: Pre-owned 320

chocholic;204100 said:
Hi! Someone offered me a pre-owned less than 1 year E90. But after looking at the car itself i have some questions:

1. Is it normal for the welding work at the side to the doors look as if its "unrefined"; seems like manually made.
2. Engine sound relatvely noisy from outside compared to 5 series.
3. The bonnet feels v hot after short distance drive. Is it normal? I have heard horror stories of overheating....

Can anyone advise? Thanks so much!

Where on the side of the doors do you mean? Sounds dodgy... got a picture?

I don't drive an E90 but I think E90s can sound like diesel-run sometimes. Quite loud, certaintly louder than an E60. Guys please correct me if this isn't the case.

A hot bonnet shouldn't be a problem since engines do get warmed up fairly quickly. It's possible that the car was already driven around before your test drive, or simply it was left baking in the sun. Anyway you can't predict an engine is about to catch fire just by touching the bonnet ;)

There are many used cars (BMWs or not) out there. If this one doesn't feel right, walk away!

Yes...E90 does sound like taxi sometimes haha...
But as Oilman said which part of welding you refering to?
Bonnet does feel abit hot but thats quite normal really...

But less than a year? maybe you should check why he selling and if its accident free..

hi,

regarding the hot bonnet, it's tat way because the basic 320i doesnt come with the heat insulation piece that is stuck to the inside of the bonnet.

thanks.

1 yr old? how much are you offered? based on PPSL, 1 yr 4old advertised at about $110k? tehn there is the transfer fee to consider. did u know that PML is offering a $20k rebate for 320; i.e. new car can be had for $120k. do not need a maths genius to do the calculations.

gadgets;205476 said:
1 yr old? how much are you offered? based on PPSL, 1 yr 4old advertised at about $110k? tehn there is the transfer fee to consider. did u know that PML is offering a $20k rebate for 320; i.e. new car can be had for $120k. do not need a maths genius to do the calculations.

new 320i for $120K??? that's very low price ! how to get the rebate?

the 20k rebate thingy was advertised over the weekend. new price is $139,800, less $20k would be $119,800. of course there is always the fine print on T&C applies, which i suppose is a min loan amount probably.

total nonsense, you gotta loan additional $20k to get the rebate of $20k. for that, you gotta pay higher int on the WHOLE loan, at 3.5% (!!) instead of 2.8%. wtf...then you got your stupid 78 rule which would apply to the $20k too.

end of the day, to get this so called $20k rebate, you end up paying them $30k probably at the end of the day.

and someone said PML made little margins...

check13, dont quite get what you mean; assuming i need to loan $50k, so to get $20k rebate, i need to loan $70k instead? and $70k is based on 3.5% interest? what about cashback - on $50k or $70k?

well, if it is such a case, then i can only say profiteering is on the part of the bank rather than PML

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vt999today
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back