• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

Pros and Cons of buying an import used car

Re: Pros and Cons of buying an import used car

u can drive till 31-Aug-2019 but u need forgo your OMV which ends Nov-2016. teo bo??

low depreciation for some. Colle brought a E46 cabriolet 330i import from Japan last month, dep @$12,500

what is the 'median' yearly depreciation for

cabrio/roadster - e93 / e89
coupe (2 door, 4 seats) - e92
small sedan - e90
big sedan - e60, f10

iScoupe;630171 said:
u can drive till 31-Aug-2019 but u need forgo your OMV which ends Nov-2016. teo bo??

low depreciation for some. Colle brought a E46 cabriolet 330i import from Japan last month, dep @$12,500

Does that mean if i were to sell the car before 2016 I will still be able to get back some of my OMV?

deioruomu;630170 said:
Hi all,

Please enlighten me with the pros and cons of buying a used imported vehicle.

Here's an example:

Used BMW Z4 Roadster 2.5i Car for Sale in Singapore, Tely Auto Credit - sgCarMart

You will still get the 55% parf rebate. But the only thing for used imported cars is,OMV are usually way lower as it is a used car in some other country,which means,you get less parf rebate.But if you really like the car,just buy it and enjoy driving it.:)

deioruomu;630188 said:
Does that mean if i were to sell the car before 2016 I will still be able to get back some of my OMV?

if i'm not mistaken.
not sell the car before 2016.
SCRAP the car before 2016.

Basically once you hit >10 years from the date of original registration.
The PARF rebate expires.
Basically the car becomes a COE car...

R90;630192 said:
You will still get the 55% parf rebate. But the only thing for used imported cars is,OMV are usually way lower as it is a used car in some other country,which means,you get less parf rebate.But if you really like the car,just buy it and enjoy driving it.:)

opps,excuse me if i made a mistake :p

For me, when I calculate the straight line depre of a used import (which I use as a gauge), I will e.g. for the z4, calculate until 2016, and assume im
getting back 3 yrs COE. Of course the $200 COE for this z4 example is very low.
Other factors to consider are the mileage (real or fake) and whether the gadgets are suitable for local use.
Recently i noted that depre for usef imports are very close to PML cars. So not as worthy as last time.
Just my humble 2 cents.

R90;630192 said:

I'm still quite confused with the difference of OMV and Parf rebate. I need to take 55% of the OMV to get the parf rebate is it? And parf rebate is the amount that I will be able to get back at the end of 10 years?

niteblu;630197 said:
if i'm not mistaken.
not sell the car before 2016.
SCRAP the car before 2016.

Basically once you hit >10 years from the date of original registration.
The PARF rebate expires.
Basically the car becomes a COE car...

That means in order to get my parf rebate (which is lower than non-imported cars), I will have to scrap the car before 2016. If not, which is beyond 2016, the car will not entitle me to get parf rebate. Am I saying this right?

Last edited by a moderator:

deioruomu;630288 said:
That means in order to get my parf rebate (which is lower than non-imported cars), I will have to scrap the car before 2016. If not, which is beyong 2016, the car will not entitle me to get parf rebate. Am I saying this right?

sounds about right.
you can go the lta website to read up more on your own.

used import schemes work better for cars with much higher value at brand new local price. eg. $300K and above cars..

99.99% of the used import car mileage are resetted.......

Resale will be a problem too.
Normally people shun resale inported cars cos too much unknown
Dealer literately rob you approach them to take in your imported ride

naan1974;630910 said:
Resale will be a problem too.
Normally people shun resale inported cars cos too much unknown
Dealer literately rob you approach them to take in your imported ride

:lol: Nice one.. Even buying used car in singapore also got alot of unknown liao, not to mention used import lor..

for me the only reason i would consider a used import will be to drive the thing till its wheels fall off, then your savings may materialize... try to offload to dealer or another buyer, good luck with that...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sam86fyi1

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back