PS 2 vs Yokohama Advan v103 vs CSC3

bmw8man

Any comments from owners with CSC3 vs Advan v103 or Michelin PS-2 ?

Quietness vs comfort vs Grip?

Re: PS 2 vs Yokohama Advan v103 vs CSC3

PS2.....no looking back
Best UHPT in the world, probably........ and cost a lot too.

Condoms also got different prices and different quality, like tyres. The old saying " u get what u pay for " applies to condoms, and of cos tyres.

Not driving a BMW - but have tried the Advan Sports before and currently on PS2 - both 225/45 R17.

Go for the PS2 - better comfort, slightly less noise. Not good enough a driver to say which has better grip...

And the last I checked with LS at Ubi, the price difference isn't that big for my size.

May I know how much you paid for your PS2?

I'll go for the CSC3 hands down.
Its my second set already... LOVE IT.
Not too noisy... relatively comfortable and the grip is amazing. Especially during wet conditions.

Herman;314711 said:
I'll go for the CSC3 hands down.
Its my second set already... LOVE IT.
Not too noisy... relatively comfortable and the grip is amazing. Especially during wet conditions.

:lol2:
I bought the CSC3. Was pretty good but not quiet as expected.

My friend's E60 with Michelin PS 2 feel more grippy than the CSC3. I think it is slightly quieter too! But perhaps our CSC3 has the edge when it rains? This part.....I'm not sure coz my friend let me test his car when it wasn't raining :oops:

TripleM;313602 said:
PS2.....no looking back
Best UHPT in the world, probably........ and cost a lot too.

+1,000,000. Changed from Toyos to PS2. Cant imagine how much tires made a difference to the car to the point it hides the sub par handling of the E92. Its more expensive but bleeding worth the money. The PS2s are tires I will find it hard to change from. Exceptional Experience.

elmariachi;358761 said:
+1,000,000. Changed from Toyos to PS2. Cant imagine how much tires made a difference to the car to the point it hides the sub par handling of the E92. Its more expensive but bleeding worth the money. The PS2s are tires I will find it hard to change from. Exceptional Experience.

Elma.. wait till you try the Pilot Cup Sports... it will make you wonder if the tyres have fangs in built onto them....

bmw8man;313590 said:
Any comments from owners with CSC3 vs Advan v103 or Michelin PS-2 ?

Quietness vs comfort vs Grip?
Was on PS2 before changing rims and settled for Potenza. Really missed PS2 - they are much quieter. Ride wise, both are quite similar.

FiftyFive;358781 said:
Elma.. wait till you try the Pilot Cup Sports... it will make you wonder if the tyres have fangs in built onto them....

Fark! That is some shit to be trying out man. Once get oil cooler, confirm go Sepang. All can chiet me while I familiarize myself. Hhaaha..

elmariachi;358761 said:

Can i +1mil ? :lol2: ...best tyres used so far ...i also have the latest advan sport (08 production) on 18's...sorry no contest..when i switched back to the other 19' rims equipped with ps2 ..immediately i could tell the diff (even tho the ps2 was already 4 yrs old) ..quieter and it absorbs road bumps better (have u chaps realise that as well...its like a mini spring in there )

FiftyFive;358781 said:

So which was the toothless brand tyre u used before PSC ?? by e way will be using the Cups as well on 28th...:nehnehhh: ...rejoice ...lets get some porkers ! (flame suit on)

Rastaman;358838 said:
Can i +1mil ? :lol2: ...best tyres used so far ...i also have the latest advan sport (08 production) on 18's...sorry no contest..when i switched back to the other 19' rims equipped with ps2 ..immediately i could tell the diff (even tho the ps2 was already 4 yrs old) ..quieter and it absorbs road bumps better (have u chaps realise that as well...its like a mini spring in there )

Yes i agree. I feel like the sidewalls have small springs in them like a mini suspension in the tire itself. I can actually feel the importance of good sidewalls since the PS2. The Toyo ones needed more tire pressure but that made the car radically too bumpy though corners were ok. On PS2, its like a big relief. Even when i enter my car park with the PS2, and today was raining, i always get my DSC blinking light for like 5 secs when the car park is wet with the Toyos. With the PS2s, the light is only for 2 secs max, and traction is regained WITHOUT the traction system intervening. Also on corners, the traction control intervention is alot more progressive as compared to the Toyos where it was simply too abrupt. I think the Traction system in the car must be thanking me for not being overworked now. Hahah..

edlms;358783 said:
Will be on the Cups for my next set...
But raining jialat right?

cheers

Not exactly Ed... but as with all semi slicks, ya got to practice a bit of restraint when the roads are wet... it is prudent to be safe than sorry. However, if the roads are dry, you'll start feeling gung ho... every corner also want to chiong (confirm, chop stamp guaranteed) ... do also note that the threadwear is at 80, so they will burn out alot faster than your PS2s.

elmariachi;358796 said:
Fark! That is some shit to be trying out man. Once get oil cooler, confirm go Sepang. All can chiet me while I familiarize myself. Hhaaha..

You will not regret... as for chieting you... I dunno about that.. I am not in that league bro... haha

Rastaman;358840 said:
So which was the toothless brand tyre u used before PSC ?? by e way will be using the Cups as well on 28th...:nehnehhh: ...rejoice ...lets get some porkers ! (flame suit on)

Well bro.. not toothless... RE55s... they are great too but the only problem was that once you have them on... you start feeling as if your wheel bearings and rear diff 'machiam' kapoot like that! If not for the hairy tyre blowout at Turn 5 through 6, I would still be on them... but... I got the Cups now... sweet.

Now... with the cups... it sure hell feels grippy even when u get the sliding out feeling... dunno the limits of these tyres yet... we shall see... they are a tad too quiet though for what they are meant for... :yummie:

PS2 road noise is substantial though. anybody feel that way? Not bridgestone bad, but worse than Contis. Contis are quieter but less comfortable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mb66pcom

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back