Re: PS 2 vs Yokohama Advan v103 vs CSC3

PS2 for the win! haha

samson-;358924 said:
csc3 ftw! ben go and die with your ps2!

:offtopic:

eh don't OT ahh. later get yellow card!! :nehnehhh: :lol2:

ok serious, im using cs3 for now. just got it last week and have done around 800km on them. noise lvl for me is 4 upon 5. not bad at all. dry grip isnt as good as i expect it to be when i compare them with my previous set of falken st-115. but the grip in wet is real good. only better set i've used which gives me more confidence is toyo t1r.

FiftyFive;358914 said:
Well bro.. not toothless... RE55s... they are great too but the only problem was that once you have them on... you start feeling as if your wheel bearings and rear diff 'machiam' kapoot like that! If not for the hairy tyre blowout at Turn 5 through 6, I would still be on them... but... I got the Cups now... sweet.

Now... with the cups... it sure hell feels grippy even when u get the sliding out feeling... dunno the limits of these tyres yet... we shall see... they are a tad too quiet though for what they are meant for... :yummie:

Oh ya , i remember that incident on those tyres..same as vijay !!! end ot !

centurion;358917 said:
PS2 road noise is substantial though. anybody feel that way? Not bridgestone bad, but worse than Contis. Contis are quieter but less comfortable.

I find PS2 is pretty quiet even after 15,000kms on low profile specs
Contis is up there too based on my experience with CSC2 last time

elmariachi;358841 said:
Yes i agree. I feel like the sidewalls have small springs in them like a mini suspension in the tire itself. I can actually feel the importance of good sidewalls since the PS2.

That is becoz PS2 has got soft sidewalls....
This is one of the very few tires whose 255 width can be safely mounted on 8.5J wheels

Try that on Bridgestone,......the tireshop will struggle to have it mounted

Hi, Just to share my verdict on PS2 tyre.

I've changed to all my 4 rubber to PS2 last week.

I can immediately feel that the tyre is sort of sprongy feel. Not sure is it due to tyre still new, where the rubber will be harder in the months ahead. It helps damping the undesireable bumpy hard feel when traveling on uneven road or crossing of road hump due to lower performance spring and absorber installed in my ride.

Also, i'm able to push harder and go faster when taking big road bend (SLE to BKE, PIE to CTE etc)

No more wheel spin during raining day when entering the slippery floor of multi-storey carpark vs former goodyear F1 tyre.

Steering response is good and more important to me, it is the quietest tyre I ever used before for UHPT range.

If $ is not an issue, Go for PS2. Heart pain for the first few days but you will be having big smile of your face every thing you drive.

=bmw8man;313590]Any comments from owners with CSC3 vs Advan v103 or Michelin PS-2 ?

Quietness vs comfort vs Grip?[/quote]

samson-;358933 said:
ok serious, im using cs3 for now. just got it last week and have done around 800km on them. noise lvl for me is 4 upon 5. not bad at all. dry grip isnt as good as i expect it to be when i compare them with my previous set of falken st-115. but the grip in wet is real good. only better set i've used which gives me more confidence is toyo t1r.

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Just now my brother called me to said that he switch over to Falken 452 from his former Continental Contact Sport 2 (8 months use). The difference he said is quieter and apparently better grip than Continental. He has yet to go up to JB yet where the roads are dodgy (lumpy as compared to our Singapore roads).

:inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

i've had all three as well as csc2.

of the lot, ps2 gave me the most confidence, but was also the most expensive....

but, off the track, does it matter? for safety, shouldn't it be the bridgestones? and for comfort, the CSC2?

singh_loveguru;359698 said:
Just now my brother called me to said that he switch over to Falken 452 from his former Continental Contact Sport 2 (8 months use). The difference he said is quieter and apparently better grip than Continental. He has yet to go up to JB yet where the roads are dodgy (lumpy as compared to our Singapore roads).
Ya, Falken 452 has good grips in the wet. And it wears out faster too, but cheaper la. So kinda trade off.

FWIW I've changed from CSC2 215/17F and 245/17R to PS2 235/18F 265/18R and logged 200km on the tyres. here are my impressions:

Acceleration seems to have decreased somewhat, shifting from stock 17". I don't know whether the butt dyno is affected by the increased stability though.

Suspension compliance has improved.

Road noise has increased because of wider tyres.

ride has improved because of PS2 soft sidewalls.

Grip has increased by leaps and bounds over the old 17" CSC2. It is now HARD to spin the tyre even on wet smooth surfaces. In roundabouts and high speed corners it is so HARD to get tyre squeal without feeling like I'm gonna die and crash into the kerb. In the CSC2 it was easy from day 1. Take note my CSC2 in perfect condition and only 14K km on them.

I feel tramlining on bad roads, hopefully this will go away.

Steering feel has improved VERY slightly, but noticeable. Turn in has improved a lot though.

Will give track impressions after 28th.

C3P0;360025 said:
Ya, Falken 452 has good grips in the wet. And it wears out faster too, but cheaper la. So kinda trade off.

yup, that's what some of my friends say too. they have switched to csc3 and have been on it for almost 2 years now. but falken's compund is softer, so maybe that's y they wear out faster too.

i'm kinda interested in bridgestone's potenza adrenalin re001 and potenze re070. anyone has has reviews for them?

Isn't tramlining due to much wider 18" tyre width, compared to stock 17", rather than a bedding-in issue??

hmm i've heard bad reviews about adrenalin re001. but it looks like a good tire to me.

benji ben;360229 said:
hmm i've heard bad reviews about adrenalin re001. but it looks like a good tire to me.

Its great for everyday driving, and spirited moments of speed as well.
Good in the wet and dry.
easy to rotate.
Lasts a very long time, hard to wear out the rubber.
Rubber compound is not heat friendly. once you track it, the compound changes a lot. it may still look good, but grip will be affected.
its heavy tire
its got stiff sidewalls.

hi can anyone also feedback on the RE050A? i find the grip too much for me and the car does not roll alot..

i juz changed to pp2s.. pwah! songsong gao jurong.

FiftyFive;358781 said:
Elma.. wait till you try the Pilot Cup Sports... it will make you wonder if the tyres have fangs in built onto them....

hehe.......my fangs sitting at home, waiting to be unleashed later this month...

johnhiggin;359466 said:
Hi, Just to share my verdict on PS2 tyre.

I've changed to all my 4 rubber to PS2 last week.

Go for PS2. Heart pain for the first few days but you will be having big smile of your face every thing you drive.

agree to the max bro......i smiled everyday eversince i had PS2 4 years ago!!!!! simply farking awesome.,......u never know the prowess of PS2 until u hit the track!!!!!!

centurion;359724 said:
but, off the track, does it matter? for safety, shouldn't it be the bridgestones? and for comfort, the CSC2?

if dun hit the track, any normal tire also okie lah....but if u like spirited driving locally, mai tu liao.......u should know better dude:)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nohudoithuong2

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back