PS4 or XBOX One

PS4 or XBOX One

• XBOX One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nightwind

Hi all the XBox One will be making a very belated entry into Singapore next week (23 Sep 2014). Now that we finally get both PS4 and XBox One in our local market which is your preferred console?

One unique feature of the XBox One is the HDMI Input feature but i wonder if we can just route our SCV and Mio TV settop boxes through the input to watch TV via XBox One. I have my doubts here so do share your thoughts also pls

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PS4 or XBOX One

FIFA15 is out next week but PS4 bundles with Destiny sadly :(

Duno bro but I think Starhub is bundling PS4 with their cable subscriptions so u can give them a try. You get a white PS4 thrown in if you sign on certain plan with em.

Judging by the response i think XBox One may suffer the same luke warm response here as it did in Japan. MS really mucked up both its strategy as well as the console and failed miserably on both counts. Thats why PS4 is beating them 2 to 1 in terms of sales.

From bad to worse, I feel sorry fer the chaps who pre-ordered in china.

[h=1]Microsoft Delays Xbox One's Launch In China[/h]Microsoft Microsoft has waited until practically the last possible minute to delay the launch of the Xbox One in China, originally slated to be released this Tuesday, September 23rd. Now they’re saying it will be out in the country before the end of the year, though they’re rather unclear about the reasons behind the delay.

“At Xbox, we pride ourselves on delivering first-rate gaming and entertainment experiences, and to allow us to deliver on that promise, we need to reschedule the launch of Xbox One,” a Microsoft spokesperson told Polygon. “Working with our partner, BesTV, we look forward to launching in China by the end of this year.”

That’s essentially nonsense PR jargon, and it’s essentially opened the door for all kinds of speculation as to why the launch has been delayed. Many will point to the recent news that the Xbox One arrive in Japan with a thud, selling 23,562 units its first four days. The Xbox has not historically sold great in Japan, but even past iterations have done better than that. The 360 sold 62,135 units in two days after launch in Japan, while the original Xbox moved 123,929 its opening weekend.

This argument is countered by those referencing unconfirmed reports that the Xbox One had 100,000 preorders in China ahead of launch. Still, given Japan’s population of 127M compared to China’s 1.35B, that may not be the best argument for Chinese interest when you look at both numbers.

I think it likely have less to do with Microsoft fearing the Asian market in general, and more about the complications of a China-specific launch. The country just ended a ban on console sales that lasted well over a decade. China has an enormous, notorious video game black market full of cheap, cracked systems. The complications with being the first new console to launch in China in eons has likely made Microsoft realize they need to figure a few more things out. Still, it’s strange that the delay was announced literally three days away from the supposed launch, meaning something rather big must have come up rather quickly.

Worldwide, from the last available data, the Xbox One at 5.1M units sold lags behind both Nintendo's Nintendo's Wii U (6.68M with a year’s head start) and Sony's Sony's PS4 (10M). Their sales ratios are more balanced in America, which has always had a soft spot for Xbox, but skewed elsewhere in the world, particularly in the Asian and European markets where it’s launched. Premiering in China before Sony’s PS4 was going to be a way to balance the scales a little bit, even if that only meant adding a few hundred thousand sales off the bat. The PS4 will also make it to China eventually, but there’s no release date set for that yet.

For now, the Xbox One launch is in limbo, with those who pre-ordered the console in China will receive a special “bonus gift” for their trouble. Look for more on the new release date once Microsoft figures out their launch issues.

Am guessing most casual gamers who wanted a next-gen system have already bought a PS4 , so no need for another one.

Mockngbrd;1100697 said:
Am guessing most casual gamers who wanted a next-gen system have already bought a PS4 , so no need for another one.
Casual gamers play on their phones. Hardcore ones buy ps4

Actually the games on mobile phones r very addictive especially because you can take the game/phone anywhere with u and game 24/7. In bed, in toilet, in car (as passenger), in MRT, at kopi shop etc.

playstation76;1100730 said:
Casual gamers play on their phones. Hardcore ones buy ps4

I had the original Xbox, then i had the Xbox 360, then I had the Xbox 360 Star Wars edition. Then there was no more new games for the Xbox 360, and i couldn't wait for the Xbox One, so I got the PS4, and I asked myself, why didn't I get a Playstation sooner?

It depends on what you want, if you want an Entertainment System, get the Xbox One. If you want a gaming system, get the PS4.

Sure, I lose Forza, but i gain Gran Turismo. Although I do miss Halo and Gears of War.

Hi guys just updating the bros here that after the Xbox One here it is confirmed the One Guide is not integrated with the local TV channels here. This means Kinnect and voice commands to change TV Channels will not work here.

I think , but I am not sure, that the Xbox One HDMI input still works and routing the setttop box trough the console might work but channel changes will be manual. For non gamers, they may prefer to get the console without Kinnect.

Hi all lots of online sales for XBox One but some maybe scams. The below seller says he is selling XBox one with Kinnect BNIB for SGD400/-

The catch is must send money first to his POSB ac. No COD

http://www.stclassif...nect/ad-3774850

Can anyone verify if this is a scam as this looks too good to be true?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubetsbs1
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back