Qn: New tyres to be installed on front or rear?

redline15

Mod, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this query.

My rear tyres are wearing out faster than my front. I guess this is expected since its a RWD.

I'm only thinking of changing 1 set instead of all 4 tyres. If I changed to 2 new tyres, should the new tyres go to the rear or should I install them at the front, and move the front ones to the rear?

Re: Qn: New tyres to be installed on front or rear?

hmm. im no technical guru, logically speaking i would think that installing the new ones at rear would be better? since thats where you need grip, and as the rear wears out faster than the front, you'll end up with more evenly worn tyres.
if u placed the new ones at front, then the old ones at the rear would wear out faster and you will end up with the same problem again?

best is go staggered haha, dont have this problem. all 4 tyres change at once

Agree w bro jacobang, I would put the new tires at the rear.

redline15;1082562 said:
Mod, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this query.

My rear tyres are wearing out faster than my front. I guess this is expected since its a RWD.

I'm only thinking of changing 1 set instead of all 4 tyres. If I changed to 2 new tyres, should the new tyres go to the rear or should I install them at the front, and move the front ones to the rear?

if your ride is on a staggered setup, then no need to think about swapping already.
Why not just change all 4? since the front is being worn out by the directional changes and rear ones being rwd.

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah I read that the new tyres should be installed on the rear since it wears out faster. So like Jacobang mentioned, next time I need to change, it will be all 4 since the front will be worn out too. It seems the rear wears out twice as fast as the front.

ShaunJeremy;1082565 said:
if your ride is on a staggered setup, then no need to think about swapping already.
Why not just change all 4? since the front is being worn out by the directional changes and rear ones being rwd.

Mine is not a staggered setup. I guess for staggered, there won't be this problem :)

My front is still good but the rear thread is shallow. Hence just changing the back first.

New tires should be at the rear..

Wears out faster since rear wheel drive

After reading posts from MW, errrr... i'm not sure if i should answering any questions from MW :p

Hijack your thread..Sorry ha...Can I check if anyone had change to non run flat tyres or sticking to run flats?
I also need to change mine.

Qn: New tyres to be installed on front or rear?

[email protected];1084525 said:
Hijack your thread..Sorry ha...Can I check if anyone had change to non run flat tyres or sticking to run flats?
I also need to change mine.

This one been discussed to death as well, RF w non-RFT.

If you drive up north often, probably safer to stay with RFT if you are used to it.

Change to non-RFT is probably "better" if you drive mostly in Singapore, ie softer and quieter tires, and cost is definitelycheaper too vis a vis.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
by88zme

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back