Question on BOSS Motorsports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin Chan

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
Hi all,

I'm posting here with regards to my E66 BMW 730Li. I have gotten an extended warranty with BOSS Motorsports and send it there for my regular servicing and repair after seeing such good reviews of this workshop. Overall, i'm quite satisfied with their service and their price is quite reasonable.

However, there is one teething problem that has been bugging me for almost a year. In early 2010, my car started having 'squeaking' sounds when i brake. So i sent the car to BOSS to have them inspect and see what's wrong with the car (i'm quite clueless with the mechanics of the car). They then said it was the brake pads and they changed it. After that the ride was much smoother and the sound was gone. But after a month, the 'squeaking' sounds reappeared. I checked with the guys at BOSS and they changed my front pads. Then for 2-3 months it was alright. However, the problem surfaced again, and they said that it was normal for BMW to have squeaking sounds as you brake.

I asked if they were using OEM parts and they said they were. So anyway, since I was clueless with the car, I took their word for it as they are the experts. Recently, I really buay tahan already. Even when i'm inside the car (you should know the insulation is quite good) i can hear the squeaking sound very clearly. And what's more is that as I started to notice other 7s on the road (am quite bo chap about such things), i realized my car is the only one squeaking like a pig.

What should I do? Should I send it back to PML or bring it to other workshops? Or is this truly a problem associated with BMW? Many thanks! :goodup:

Re: Question on BOSS Motorsports

well....even if its a known problem associated with BMW....its your right to get them to get it right.
if your ride is still under warranty, u should go back to PML get it solved instead of spending extra money outside to get it fixed.
nobody pay good money for a squeaky ride

Bought the car in 2006, out of PML warranty already. Got extended warranty from BOSS instead. That's what I thought initially, but I was comforted that it was, and quote, "normal for all BMW cars to be like this". After doing some due diligence, however, it doesn't seem like this is the case. Any idea what should I do now? Thanks!

If your car is over with warranty, NEVER EVER send your car with PML. You will waste more time and money and unnecessarily.

i think you should bring the car to other workshop for a second opinion, no harm trying out as there are quite a few reliable bmw workshops out there. what's good for others may not be right for you. :)

My 320 and 325 all have this squeaking sound, but after changing to brembo squeaking sound gone. so i think its OEM pad nt because of others...

clown;585263 said:
My 320 and 325 all have this squeaking sound, but after changing to brembo squeaking sound gone. so i think its OEM pad nt because of others...

My 320 E92 has this loud rubbing sound when I'm reverse parking and stepping on the brake and releasing it slightly.. been like that since I took delivery of the car from PML so I think it's normal. Not quite the same problem as the OP has, but does seem to show that the OEM brakes on the E9x are noisy.

I'm sure the guys at Boss would sort it out. Did you bed the brakes etc ?

Shin Chan;585178 said:
Hi all,

I'm posting here with regards to my E66 BMW 730Li. I have gotten an extended warranty with BOSS Motorsports and send it there for my regular servicing and repair after seeing such good reviews of this workshop. Overall, i'm quite satisfied with their service and their price is quite reasonable.

However, there is one teething problem that has been bugging me for almost a year. In early 2010, my car started having 'squeaking' sounds when i brake. So i sent the car to BOSS to have them inspect and see what's wrong with the car (i'm quite clueless with the mechanics of the car). They then said it was the brake pads and they changed it. After that the ride was much smoother and the sound was gone. But after a month, the 'squeaking' sounds reappeared. I checked with the guys at BOSS and they changed my front pads. Then for 2-3 months it was alright. However, the problem surfaced again, and they said that it was normal for BMW to have squeaking sounds as you brake.

I asked if they were using OEM parts and they said they were. So anyway, since I was clueless with the car, I took their word for it as they are the experts. Recently, I really buay tahan already. Even when i'm inside the car (you should know the insulation is quite good) i can hear the squeaking sound very clearly. And what's more is that as I started to notice other 7s on the road (am quite bo chap about such things), i realized my car is the only one squeaking like a pig.

What should I do? Should I send it back to PML or bring it to other workshops? Or is this truly a problem associated with BMW? Many thanks! :goodup:

Hi all,

Both thread starter and Boss Motorsports has been notified of this situation and has requested that this thread be closed - this matter will be taken offline.

Thanks all. PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back