Question: Sports mode

Re: Question: Sports mode

delrosa81;283582 said:
Ok, someone told me that if install sprint booster, will screw up the ECU and also the SPORTS Mode settings, anyone could advise?

It does NOT screw up the ECU and Sports Mode.

In fact, it hastens the downshifts when you are in "Manual mode" which is such a good thing when you want faster downshift response when "playing"......:yummie:

You will notice that when in Step Mode, shifting down from 4th to 3rd takes FOREVER! But after sprint booster, HEY! Very much faster now.....I have been very happy since the Sprint booster went into my ride.....:lol2:

Cheers!

PS: Can ask Roasty if you don't believe lah......kekeke!

TobyNik;284168 said:
It does NOT screw up the ECU and Sports Mode.

In fact, it hastens the downshifts when you are in "Manual mode" which is such a good thing when you want faster downshift response when "playing"......:yummie:

You will notice that when in Step Mode, shifting down from 4th to 3rd takes FOREVER! But after sprint booster, HEY! Very much faster now.....I have been very happy since the Sprint booster went into my ride.....:lol2:

Cheers!

Hi Bro, Thanks for your feedback! I just installed the Sprint Booster and wa lao eh...*wet* man.....damn responsive and power man! Feels like the 323i man.......but only butt feel la, horse power still the same though hehehe

delrosa81;284214 said:
Hi Bro, Thanks for your feedback! I just installed the Sprint Booster and wa lao eh...*wet* man.....damn responsive and power man! Feels like the 323i man.......but only butt feel la, horse power still the same though hehehe

Hey, no worries man!

Glad you are enjoying your ride alot more....

Put it step mode and you will see the difference in the shifting esp when in higher revs.

Drive safe, ya? :lol2:

Cheers!

delrosa, how's your BMW compare to the Civic FD?

TobyNik;284168 said:
But after sprint booster, HEY! Very much faster now.....I have been very happy since the Sprint booster went into my ride.....:lol2:

Cheers!

tsk tsk tsk.... TobyNik spreading his sprint booster virus again :hmmidont: :lol2:
Anyway, bro, if one day you find your sprint booster missing from your bonnet, it is not me, not me, not me who steal it okie :drool: :nehnehhh:

delrosa81;284214 said:

bro.. remus + gruppeM or simota liao.. mai tu liao..

then change your sparks also.. i just did mine.. sms me for the contact... :D

nYteMarE;284336 said:

all you dam :evil:
quiting forum is a right choice.
sigh!

acu your CO is reading the forum also..

hur hur

my resolution for 2008 is no modding lei... :p

a topic of sport modes to sport MODS. not :evil: mer...

My 2008 Resolution is 'I QUIT'

TobyNik;284309 said:
Hey, no worries man!

Glad you are enjoying your ride alot more....

Put it step mode and you will see the difference in the shifting esp when in higher revs.

Drive safe, ya? :lol2:

Cheers!

Hey ya bro, just tried redlining the engine when I was on my way home earlier, my mileage is approx at 4000km now, so tot I should try redlining it, but when I shut off the engine to top up petrol, the radiator fans are still working, so I tot that the temperature should be quite high thats why the fans are still in operation to cool it down...hmmm should be normal???

centurion;284318 said:
delrosa, how's your BMW compare to the Civic FD?

Hi Centurion, ok my feel on both the Civic FD and the E90. (stock to stock)

1st, Gearshift: Civic FD gearshift is alot sharper and faster in Sports Mode aka Paddle Shifts. E90 is
a tad more slower when upshifting.

2nd, Throttle Response: Civic FD Fly By Wire throttle, I had felt it to be retarded in response, but when I got my E90, the Fly by Wire throttle's response seemed even more retarded.

3rd, High Revs: Civic FD's Vtec engine sounds very very sweet and I love to redline the car every now and then, but E90's engine sound very gruff and but still revs smoothly to redline.

But but......after installing the sprint booster, wow, the throttle response is much sharper, engine more responsive and after redlining my E90 earlier, wow, from 4.5K rpm to 5k rpm, engine is gruff, but from 5K onwards all the way the redline, the engine note improved and sounded rather inspiring....hmmm....strange, is it the Valvetronics at work? something similiar to Honda's Vtec right?

Also, during cruising at say 90kph, suddenly you tap the pedal abit more, the car propels pretty much faster without the need for me to redline the engine as what I would need to do in the Civic FD. Rear end very very good also.

For now, a 320i is more than enough for me....maybe a few years later I would need a stronger dosage of German Horses......maybe.....hehe:)

nYteMarE;284336 said:

Hmm I heard Gruppe M coupled with a Aftermarket Muffler is very loud right? My wife will make alot of noise man....haha, I most prob will only do the airfilter but drop in type man. As for exhuast, will see how ya...cos I wanna keep the car as quiet as possible...hehe Thanks:)

delarosa, what you really needed was a throttle remap, I'm surprised why sports mode didn't do it for you...

delrosa81;284460 said:
Hmm I heard Gruppe M coupled with a Aftermarket Muffler is very loud right? My wife will make alot of noise man....haha, I most prob will only do the airfilter but drop in type man. As for exhuast, will see how ya...cos I wanna keep the car as quiet as possible...hehe Thanks:)

my passenger hasn't made any noise yet... the intake and exhaust increased the volume a little. but marginally only... :)

nYteMarE;284336 said:

Change sparks good ah? hahahaha...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lokhung247net
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back