• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

questions about buying new e90

Geez

HI! looking to buy an e90.. cant decide which model.. but likely to be the 320.

1.) What are the different trims availbe and what are the differences?

2.) What is the omv value of each model and the best price you guys have recorded for each model?

Thanks in advance!

Re: questions about buying new e90

talk about boring stuff like omv aside, a BMW has to be at least 6 cylinders. THis is not tradition - just that the germans cannot make a 4 cylinder as good as Honda, and for today's standards the 4-cylinder is below par in smoothness and performance.

the 6 cylinders' natural harmonics make them smoother than the 4 cylinders. and more pleasant sounding too.

unfortunately the 325 commands a price premium of 30k over the 320......

it may sound inane but the lexus IS250 is a great car, and so are second hand E46 BMW 325, 330.

comfort and refinement has gotta count for something ....

dear centurion, could I just ask if the E46 is superior to E90?

I am asking as I was considering a E46 but am now hunting for a E90.

last known price for e90 (2 weeks ago) was 124k for 320i-new and 130k for 320i-professional. perhaps u can try asking pml for latest price? dun use the listed price. bo pakai one.

today, a used car dealer told me 320i is only 120k. dunno he pulling my leg or wat.

hey arowana1,

given that a new E90 is about $124K, what is the depreciation for first year, second year and third year?

Coz I find some of the prices quoted on sgcarmart a bit unrealistic when compared against expected depreciation.

regards
newcastle

My advise is something which most ppl would feel that is totally wrong and not something that anyone else should follow. I got myself an E90 320i. I never look at the OMV, etc. I only went for the test drive, my feeling of the car, etc. And also I look at the overall amount for the car, worked out my instalments, roadtax, insurance, maintenance, etc. I made sure it was within my budget before I plonked down my hard earned money for it.

I do not earn tons of money thats why I got a 320 but to be fair to the car, its a good car actually considering the comfort, handling, performance (City driving), etc. Its been a really really nice car. Recently I was involved in a pretty serious accident, thanks to the solid german engineering and build of the car, both my wife and I walked away from it unscathed except for a few bruises. It was declared a total loss as the repair costs were simply too high for it to be repaired economically.

Now Im waiting for the paperwork to be completed while I have booked another E90 320i and also in the same colour. Now waiting impatiently for my case to be closed and also waiting for the delivery of my new E90. Never regret it at all.

If I had the money, I would go for an E90 335i or the E90 M3 which offers practicality and firepower but for now Im satisfied with my 320i. :)

centurion;327606 said:
talk about boring stuff like omv aside, a BMW has to be at least 6 cylinders. THis is not tradition - just that the germans cannot make a 4 cylinder as good as Honda, and for today's standards the 4-cylinder is below par in smoothness and performance.

the 6 cylinders' natural harmonics make them smoother than the 4 cylinders. and more pleasant sounding too.

BMW can make 4 cyl engine lah... just look at the WTCC E90

Newcastle, here are the figures.

Assumptions:
1. COE at 19001
2. OMV at 41000
3. Car scrap at year 10
4. No body value
5. Int on loan not taken into consideration

Dep per year is 10145. sgcarmart prices are ridiculous. you pay higher depreciation compared to the 1st owner cos dealer earn big!!! a few cars that i have been monitoring are with the dealers for the past 3 months already. imagine, 850/mth depreciation and they can still hold for so long.

for a used e90, the price dealer take in seems to point to this formula for 0-2 year old e90:
Dealer Buy Price = Current new e90 - Depreciation - One Year Depreciation
hence for 1 year old e90, assume no premium/penalty for colour and mileage
DBP = 124000 - 10145 - 10145 = $ 103,710

e90 with few months left of warranty is best buy but u take a big risk!

in any case, i wont pay more than the above for 1 year old car. reason being, you save like 10k only for getting a used car. not really much of a savings, esp for a car like bimmer where wear and tear come quite early (4-5th year or 60-80k thereabouts).

if im not mistaken, pml takes in higher if u get another car from them?

centurion;327606 said:

i don't know how long this kind of crap tradition German 4 cylinder is not up to par of Japan 4 cylinder gonna last. it may not be as smooth. but the question is how smooth you want it. you test drive a 2.0L Civic/Accord I don't felt is as smooth har. that's why I bought my 320i. performance wise. out of the factory. 320i win by miles compare to any Honda 2.0. let's not talk abt CTR. cos that it rare. it build for track.

acupunch;328242 said:
i don't know how long this kind of crap tradition German 4 cylinder is not up to par of Japan 4 cylinder gonna last. it may not be as smooth. but the question is how smooth you want it. you test drive a 2.0L Civic/Accord I don't felt is as smooth har. that's why I bought my 320i. performance wise. out of the factory. 320i win by miles compare to any Honda 2.0. let's not talk abt CTR. cos that it rare. it build for track.
the 8.2s 320i time in the BMW site, for manual or auto?

acupunch;328279 said:
what's your point? :screwedu:
you mentioned performance wise 320 beats Honda 2.0 by miles ... this is an interesting point, so i wanted to compare the numbers of Honda Civic FD vs BMW 320i - but timing for BMW 320i I could find ranges from 8.2s to 9s ... I suspect the 8.2 s is manual. But I couldn't find confirmation. so ask you since you probably did more research than me.

centurion;328284 said:
you mentioned performance wise 320 beats Honda 2.0 by miles ... this is an interesting point, so i wanted to compare the numbers of Honda Civic FD vs BMW 320i - but timing for BMW 320i I could find ranges from 8.2s to 9s ... I suspect the 8.2 s is manual. But I couldn't find confirmation. so ask you since you probably did more research than me.
oh ya hor. I forgot you're a fact sheet car enthusiast. for your convenient.

on paper,
Civic 2.0L 0-100KM/h is 8.6sec. Max power 155 Bhp / 6000 rpm, Max Torque 188 Nm / 4200 rpm

BMW 320i 0-100KM/H is 9.0sec. Max Power 150 Bhp / 6200rpm, Max Torque 200 Nm / 3600rpm

so from here you can determine which 4potter is better?

performance = isn't numbers alone. its power + handling.

I didn't even found 8.2 on 320i where did you see it.

acupunch;328300 said:
oh ya hor. I forgot you're a fact sheet car enthusiast. for your convenient.

on paper,
Civic 2.0L 0-100KM/h is 8.6sec. Max power 155 Bhp / 6000 rpm, Max Torque 188 Nm / 4200 rpm

BMW 320i 0-100KM/H is 9.0sec. Max Power 150 Bhp / 6200rpm, Max Torque 200 Nm / 3600rpm

so from here you can determine which 4potter is better?

performance = isn't numbers alone. its power + handling.

I didn't even found 8.2 on 320i where did you see it.
new improved 2L I4 for BMW 320i : BMW 3 Series Sedan : Technical data

click on 320i

I like everything about cars, even novels, films and of course datasheet.

How to determine better engine? Drive it and see how it performs at both low and high RPM. Personally the Civic FD has such a sweet engine. Unburstable 4cyl.

hahaha... like that ar... issit the drivers of the car than the cars instead. :laughlik:

Both the 320i and FD 2.0L are outstanding sedan compared to the other 2L out there.

Badge aside, I feel the 320i will score higher than the FD2.0L in many aspects, although it may be marginal.

But if it is MY decision, paying out of my OWN pocket, I would take the FD 2.0L. The >40k savings, I think justify for the marginal defeat to a 320i.

Nonetheless, you won't go wrong with either cars for now.

thanks for all the replies! I personally would prefer a 6 cylinder as well.. but cannot afford a brand new one yet.. was offered a 525.. reg 2007 with about 4k-5k km on it only.. for 128k.. sounds like a great deal? car is from pml as well..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xnkubtdpatop

Latest posts

Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back