• Classifieds Rules

For Sellers - Item Listing Requirements:
    1. List your price. *
    2. Show/attach images/photos of item. *
    3. Provide clear contact instructions (List phone number, email or PM).

*Required.

4. Private Sales Only.
    5. Relevant items only.
    6. No Indirect Advertising / Promoting Of Other Services and Companies
    7. Only members with 20 posts and more can start new threads
    8. No Thread Hijacking. Start your own Topic.
    9. Post only 1 Topic per sale. No cross-posting in other forums. No bumping of Topics more than once a day.
    10. Close your Topic after sale has been completed. (Click 'Administrative' on top of your thread for closing options)

We will remove threads if they do not list the above requirements.

For Buyers:
    1. Caveat Emptor - Before buying from user, do your homework. Check out the person's posting history, number of posts etc.
    2. This is a service we provide free and for the members convenience - we're not responsible for any deals gone bad.

For everyone else:
    1. No OT. They will be deleted. If you continue despite us warning you, we will ban you from the classifieds completely.
    2. Report all suspicious sellers. If you've seen or come across them from other boards/forums - do report them immediately - it will help everyone here a great deal.

Report all bad experiences (for both sellers/buyers) on the Buyer/Sellers forum.

questions about buying new e90

Re: questions about buying new e90

128k for 525 y2007......grab it.

if you don't want to buy, let us have the contact .....

Ah this one U all have to ask me cos I drove the Civic FD2 2.0 for a year before getting my 320 :nehnehhh: Compare to engine note internally while driving, the Civic K20 engine sounds better and sweeter. 320 wise, internally engine note sounds rather uninspiring towards the redline but...but.....in actual fact, a 320 sounds much better from the exterior. Try revving both cars at stationary stock to stock, a 320 sounds MUCH better anytime.

Performance wise, honestly I feel the civic is slightly faster due largely to its gearbox which shifts significantly faster than the 320. Civic is a car that you can sprint confidently from the lights, the 320 is slightly or feels slower due to the gearbox, gearshifts are significantly slower. But while on the cruise and you have the urge to sprint abit, both cars are comparable. One thing to note though, while in my civic previously where I was doing 200km/hr runs, the car felt slightly more sombre and stable in the cabin as compared to the 320. But it is only slightly.

To be fair, the japs have come a long way, I was pleasantly surprised in the high speed stability in the FD civic compared to older civics of yore. I used to drive up North every sat morning for golf with my bosses and colleagues, my colleagues commented wah your car very stable at 180 to 200km/hr.

Neverthless the 320 is NOT a lesser car though even though I felt civics are much improved over their predecessors. There must be something better that made me change to the 320. Not performance in that sense but the solidness of german engineering and also the blue and white propeller badge that is. driving dynamics and handling is better than the civic FD stock to stock. In all driving the 320 has a better driving experience that is.

In terms of value for money, the civic gives overall better value at almost 50k cheaper same 2.0 engine, stable and good build quality but lacks that certain aura or feel. It is not prestige or whatsoever but that "feel" IMO only.

Many ppl and I mean really the masses feel that a true blue BMW should have a 6 potter as entry level, there were some ppl in the civic FD forum that stated the same thinking saying that 4 pot BMW drivers are BMW wannabes and cant afford the real thing, etc. But I beg to differ mainly bcos I cant afford a 6 potter and also bcos I find the BMW 4 pot engines are pretty impressive already. Compare it to the Audi A4 MU 2.0 4 pot, 136BHP only. Nowadays 2.0 engines are average at 150bhp and above. BMW is at this range already and after driving the 320 for only a short period of 3 months, I find it is more than adequate for our singapore roads but of cos, having a 6 or even 8 potter would be best if my pockets allow me.

But for now a 320 is more than enough. Cars are not only about driving refinement, performance, prestige, spaciousness, etc. It is also about safety and I mean safety in a BIG sense. BMW offers this safety which I have tested in for myself just recently and I managed to walk away from the accident unscathed. If I were still driving the Civic FD (No offence to civic bros) I would have most prob die due to car wrapping around the traffic light which I hit really badly.

BTW my post is not meant to "shoot" or "support" anyone in particular but Im just stating my feelings and thoughts about cars. I would also like to add that whatever choice you make on cars, its your own money and preference, at the end of the day, get what you can comfortably afford and like. You would be most happy with that choice. Regardless of what brand, make model you get. :)

safety wise, my anecdote: cousin fell asleep at the wheel at 80km/h in a Honda City sedan, smash into a rock carrying lorry. Result: car totalled, cousin hand cut by windscreen glass, 6 hours of reconstructive surgery on hand. That's all. Quite safe.

as for euro NCAP:

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_2005/225.aspx
3-series safety total: 78 points (higher is better)

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/honda_civic_2006/270.aspx
Honda Civic FN total: 92 points (higher is better)

see links for details. The FN is a .... hatch. Possibly the FD is better, but I don't have the link coz euroncap is very slow at the moment.

centurion;328376 said:
safety wise, my anecdote: cousin fell asleep at the wheel at 80km/h in a Honda City sedan, smash into a rock carrying lorry. Result: car totalled, cousin hand cut by windscreen glass, 6 hours of reconstructive surgery on hand. That's all. Quite safe.

as for euro NCAP:

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/bmw_3_series_2005/225.aspx
3-series safety total: 78 points (higher is better)

http://www.euroncap.com/tests/honda_civic_2006/270.aspx
Honda Civic FN total: 92 points (higher is better)

see links for details. The FN is a .... hatch. Possibly the FD is better, but I don't have the link coz euroncap is very slow at the moment.

Wah bro U sibeh technical leh. Well maybe you are correct about safety wise. Maybe it all boils down to fate kekekeke. If you are fated to die, whatever U do or drive also can die ah. So practise safe driving everyone! :)

satines;328341 said:
128k for 525 y2007......grab it.

if you don't want to buy, let us have the contact .....

i was about to post the same thing... esp the second part!

but delrosa, I know what you talking lah. The feel of being in a SOLID CAR is worth some cash, but ONLY IF, feeling in a SOLID CAR don't provoke you to drive EVEN FASTER.

And yes the feeling of being in a car of your dreams is damn nice, better than a car not of your dreams, but having the best build quality.

The new 320 DI 170BHP 4-Cycl engine already out, just not brought in by PML yet......

This one confirm put the K20 (Normal 155 bhp one hor) to shame lah......

Don't flame me, I drove civics and accords before too......

Oh yah....please don't forget FWD (FD) versus RWD (320).

Cheers!

i'll go have a look at the car tomorrow and will let you guys know again. How much should I be expecting to pay for a 1yr old 525 with about 4k km on it? thanks!

TobyNik;328410 said:
The new 320 DI 170BHP 4-Cycl engine already out, just not brought in by PML yet......

This one confirm put the K20 (Normal 155 bhp one hor) to shame lah......

Don't flame me, I drove civics and accords before too......

Oh yah....please don't forget FWD (FD) versus RWD (320).

Cheers!
yeah the new DI engine will be super wonderful petrol consumption and bigger power too.

really? my mum was the one who passed me the contact? think her friend is working there or something.. will clarify and have a look..

Geez;328411 said:
i'll go have a look at the car tomorrow and will let you guys know again. How much should I be expecting to pay for a 1yr old 525 with about 4k km on it? thanks!

if its really 4,000 KM on the clock then its an unbelievable deal at 128k, for an 07 model. You sure its not 40,000 KM?

if the info is real. MAI TU LIOW. 128K for 523i low mileage 4K, a year old car. its a steal. maybe I should changed to 5er. family growing.

its normal that pple are defensive about their rides, 320 owners will say their 4pot is good (or good enuff) for local driving. In terms of engineering excellence, i think Honda is still tops in terms of small 4pot motors; and its cheaper by alot relatively.

The reason why many marvel at bimmer 6pot does not happen just yesterday... its just so silky smooth and butterlike in its power delivery.

My 2 cents

IntegraTypeS;328498 said:
its normal that pple are defensive about their rides, 320 owners will say their 4pot is good (or good enuff) for local driving. In terms of engineering excellence, i think Honda is still tops in terms of small 4pot motors; and its cheaper by alot relatively.

The reason why many marvel at bimmer 6pot does not happen just yesterday... its just so silky smooth and butterlike in its power delivery.

My 2 cents

True bro, yeah most ppl would defend their rides and I believe I am defending my ride subconsciously also. Before I got the E90 I had considered the Civic Type R which is an engineering marvel but wife complain suspension too hard, if not I would be driving the Civic Type R now. heehee :)

centurion;328386 said:
but delrosa, I know what you talking lah. The feel of being in a SOLID CAR is worth some cash, but ONLY IF, feeling in a SOLID CAR don't provoke you to drive EVEN FASTER.

And yes the feeling of being in a car of your dreams is damn nice, better than a car not of your dreams, but having the best build quality.

Yeah man glad U understand what Im talking about. But then money is always a prob, if not most ppl would get a number of rides, from sports to comfort, to etc.....haha if money is a prob, we get what the best our limited budget can buy. :)

delrosa81;328508 said:
Yeah man glad U understand what Im talking about. But then money is always a prob, if not most ppl would get a number of rides, from sports to comfort, to etc.....haha if money is a prob, we get what the best our limited budget can buy. :)
Money is always the limiting factor for almost everybody, but you know.... sometimes you get more when you pay less. To hell what others think.

centurion;328510 said:
Money is always the limiting factor for almost everybody, but you know.... sometimes you get more when you pay less. To hell what others think.

Yeah thats correct, eh Centurion, you online all the time? Ur reply very the fast leh. When U free? see when you free we go kopi leh. Meetup after at night la.:nehnehhh:

delrosa81;328513 said:
Yeah thats correct, eh Centurion, you online all the time? Ur reply very the fast leh. When U free? see when you free we go kopi leh. Meetup after at night la.:nehnehhh:
usually free after 11.30 ler .... too late for most ppl.

my response so fast - I am professional forummer, I got tons of software aids. Yes there is really such a thing called professional forummer. Software keeps track of threads and replies.

centurion;328515 said:
usually free after 11.30 ler .... too late for most ppl.

my response so fast - I am professional forummer, I got tons of software aids. Yes there is really such a thing called professional forummer. Software keeps track of threads and replies.

Its never too late for me though haha. wah professional forumer, not bad not bad hehe :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phimmoiforum
Ad | 📈Learn Trading Strategies, Lessons and Setups
Back